Newcastle United 0-0 Portsmouth FC

snakehips

The fact we created some actual chances for a change and we didn't convert them has really annoyed me. Owen said if he got a chance he'd score and missed probably the best chance of the game.

Harper: 5/10 - Quicker distribution and made some decent punches but never looks comfortable.

Beye: 7/10 - Got out once or twice but apart from that was his usual solid self.

Bassong: 7/10 - Cool and calm at the back as ever.

Colo: 6/10 Better than usual but still shaky.

Smith: 5/10 Put in some good challenges but most of the time didn't look interested and was lazy.

Butt: 8/10 MOTM for us. Constantly battled in midfield, was always at the thick of the action and his passing was better.

Duff: 6/10 Not many complaints but was caught out once too often from Pennant.

Owen: 6/10 Was his usual self, dropping deep. Missed a golden chance.

Martins: 5/10 Showed his pace but didn't deliver the goods. Shoved off the ball too easy and missed a sitter.

Viduka: 7/10 Best striker for us today, held the ball up great and played people in to play with nice flicks. Shame he cant play more than sixty minutes.

Subs

Guthrie: 4/10 Really had a bad game. His passing was off and was caught in possesion more than once.

Carroll: 6/10 Chased the ball but was ineffectual.

Guti: 6/10 Dont understand how he gets dropped to the bench but Smith manages to get on. Always making runs.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at the bottom three of the Championship: Three teams who played Premiership football not too long ago, Charlton, Southampton & prob Norwich will play League One next season. It's harder than you might think to bounce straight back after relegation, I really fear for us.

Hell, it sounds like we're really down already... :unsure:

Edited by KingKev

Butt: 8/10 MOTM for us. Constantly battled in midfield, was always at the thick of the action and his passing was better.

What match were you watching? Were you there? Butt was woeful.....passing poor, slow, miss timing tackles and movement none existent. Our worst player on the pitch by a country mile.

Just back, we're effectively down, I'm gutted. This is what optimism does to you, I had foolishly led myself to believe we could capitalise on this weekend's other results. :unsure:

The worst thing for me was the last 20 minutes or so when we simply gave up. Shearer has done his best but has inherited a bunch of gutless twats imo. During the last few minutes, it seemed our entire team was hiding, not one of these over-paid mercenaries wanted the ball. Bunch of cowardly cunts the lot of them, they deserve to go down, we don't deserve this though.

Oh and admin, do the sensible thing and ban that wind up merchant cunt Danny B now or I fear your readership will drop significantly. That twat will still be gloating over us in the Championship for whatever his reason is, just get rid of him. :razz:

The players simply aren't up to the task. Barring five minute spells in each half we did nothing to suggest we'd get a goal and the last 15 minutes was fucking pathetic. We're down, i'm almost certain of that.

The time wasting from Pompy was criminal though. It wouldn't have made a difference but taking the best part of a minute to take every throw in, freekick and goal kick is shocking.

The worst thing for me was the last 20 minutes or so when we simply gave up. Shearer has done his best but has inherited a bunch of gutless twats imo. During the last few minutes, it seemed our entire team was hiding, not one of these over-paid mercenaries wanted the ball. Bunch of cowardly cunts the lot of them, they deserve to go down, we don't deserve this though.

This. No one there to grab the game and do something.

Most disappointing part of thqat match for me was the last 15 minutes. Looked more like they were the ones playing for their survival, and they looked the more likely to score.

The bottle had just gone - we were all over the place and so nearly lost the match.

What match were you watching? Were you there? Butt was woeful.....passing poor, slow, miss timing tackles and movement none existent. Our worst player on the pitch by a country mile.

Erm WERE YOU THERE? Butt the worst player on the pitch :unsure: fucking joker man.

I have to agree. Aside from one or two decent tackles he was a fucking liability once again.

Erm WERE YOU THERE? Butt the worst player on the pitch :unsure: fucking joker man.

Yes I was......and he was awful. Ask any of the 50,000 who were there.

I've been saying we're down for a while but deep down I still expected that we would pull off an escape. But not any more. We are fucking hopeless. People have said it was a no lose situation for Shearer but with those players in many ways it's a no win. Not one of them can pass a ball. It's truely staggering to watch Nicky Butt missplace pass after pass (and I'm not talking about the hopeless forty yarders he keeps trying, it's the simple balls he gets so badly wrong that really take the piss.

We are going down and we deserve it. Four teams look very likely not to win another game this season. We're one and two of the others are directly above us and we're too many points behind them for draws to be enough. Get ready to play Blackpool on August 8th. Thanks Mike you odious fat cunt.

I have to agree. Aside from one or two decent tackles he was a fucking liability once again.

Thank you.

I've been saying we're down for a while but deep down I still expected that we would pull off an escape. But not any more. We are fucking hopeless. People have said it was a no lose situation for Shearer but with those players in many ways it's a no win. Not one of them can pass a ball. It's truely staggering to watch Nicky Butt missplace pass after pass (and I'm not talking about the hopeless forty yarders he keeps trying, it's the simple balls he gets so badly wrong that really take the piss.

We are going down and we deserve it. Four teams look very likely not to win another game this season. We're one and two of the others are directly above us and we're too many points behind them for draws to be enough. Get ready to play Blackpool on August 8th. Thanks Mike you odious fat cunt.

He's no good on the other end either. Guthrie played a simple ten yard pass to him which required Butt to do nowt but stand fucking still and he ran out of the way :unsure:

Yes I was......and he was awful. Ask any of the 50,000 who were there.

Your first reply beat me to it!! Butt was fucking awful. How many times did he give the ball away?????

Anyway, it was just a training exercise for Pompey. If Shearer had a plan, I couldn't honestly tell you what it was.

Just back, we're effectively down, I'm gutted. This is what optimism does to you, I had foolishly led myself to believe we could capitalise on this weekend's other results. :unsure:

Oh and admin, do the sensible thing and ban that wind up merchant cunt Danny B now or I fear your readership will drop significantly. That twat will still be gloating over us in the Championship for whatever his reason is, just get rid of him. :razz:

Spot on. The day we actually are mathematically relegated will be horrendous but right now I feel as if its here already. Fucking gutted.

I think we're going down. However looking at the table, if we go one win better than Hull and match Boro's results we stay up on goal difference. So the heart hasn't given up hoping, although on that performance the head says we're done.

We've turned the Fulham game into a must win now.

Oh nothing much there then.. at this rate it will be must win against Villa in the final game.. whilst listening to Boro result.. Gutted tho as Norwich look like their down and I was hoping for cheap tickets close to home.. always Forest & Leicester I suppose..

There was no urgency, players were stagnant, and it was just long ball after long ball. You're not going to win an aerial battle with Campbell and Distin. There were just no ideas.

Butt wasnt great but Owen was worse. Guthries and Smiths passing was horrific too. Carroll did more in 20 mins than Owens managed this year

I don't recall him scoring 8 goals like.

Point taken that Owen was a waste of skin tonight, but if the future's Caroll, then :unsure:.