The Boxing thread

Jimbo

Do you contend that the Haye vs Harrison fight was entertaining?

Do you contend that the Haye vs Valuev fight was entertaining?

You probably don't even like boxing particularly if you'd rather see a boxer of poor quality knock out a can, as opposed to two boxers of quality going the distance.

I've seen several of Ali's fights, and bear in mind he was banned during what would have been his prime. You're also mixing up Ali vs Frazier 2 with Ali vs George Foreman, you absolute fucking plum :lol: And in comparing Ali vs Foreman to Haye vs Valuev you only make yourself look more stupid. Are you insinuating Ali was a boring fighter because he didn't fight against shit opposition who could be KOed easily? Ali finished ALL of his fights except for his loss against Larry Holmes which was a corner stoppage.

Here's a few boxers Ali fought:

Larry Holmes

Joe Frazier x 3

George Foreman

Sonny Liston x 2

Ken Norton x 3

Name ONE boxer Haye has faced who even approaches the quality of any of them.

Plenty. I'm still waiting for a decent argument as to why Haye is boring/rubbish. Other than just 'cos I say he is'. 2 decisions in 26 fights says otherwise

Haye is boring because he is not a great boxer, and the boxers he has faced throughout his career have been mostly of a very poor standard.

Just because a boxer scores KOs against part-timers and professionals of a low standard it does not make him:

1. A great boxer.

2. An exciting one.

Haye lost to a 40 year old Carl Thompson. Thompson was the only boxer he had faced who had won a significant title, and he'd lost that title 5 years before he fought Haye.

Haye's high-profile fights of late:

1. Enzo Macaroni. Enzo Maccaroni is an absolutely shit boxer. Look at his record. :lol:

2. A 37 year old Monte Barrett. Again, not quite George Foreman is it?

3. Valuev. :icon_lol: This was like something of WWF and contained absolutely nothing of value in terms of boxing skill.

4. A 38 year old John Ruiz. He retired after the fight.

5. Audley Harrison :icon_lol: Great fight, up there with the Thriller in Manila for sure.

In conclusion, you are so far wrong J69, and you made these stupid incoherent arguments with such conviction, that you have proven yourself to be an absolute moron - and that's being charitable.

I think you may be a bit punch drunk yourself buddy. I take it if he beats Klitschko he will still be shit?

In other words you have nothing of any substance to combat my points.

I don't think Haye is completely shit. I think he is boring, and he certainly is not great or exciting in the ring, which is what you have been arguing and making yourself look a complete tit in the process.

I think you are putting too much emphasis on the correlation between boxing knowledge and a persons susceptibility to being a tit/moron/plum. Btw, only one if us is resorting to name calling to win our argument :lol:

I think you are putting too much emphasis on the correlation between boxing knowledge and a persons susceptibility to being a tit/moron/plum. Btw, only one if us is resorting to name calling to win our argument :icon_lol:

I'm not resorting to name calling to win the argument, I'm winning the argument and then calling you names, mainly because you're getting bloody annoying with your illogical and incoherent claims of David Haye's greatness as a boxer. :lol:

I think my claims are perfectly coherent. Go on, read them back :lol:

I read them and responded to them with substantive arguments as to why David Haye a is not a great and exciting boxer. You have offered nothing in response to these points in your last few posts.

I called you a tit and a plum because you questioned whether I had watched any of Ali's fights and then went on to talk about the 'Ali vs Frazier rematch' when you actually were referring to Ali's only fight with George Foreman, and comparing it--considered a great fight--to Haye vs Valuev. That is absolutely moronic.

Here, since you seem keen for me to retread over old posts, I'll bring this back up:

Haye lost to a 40 year old Carl Thompson. Thompson was the only boxer he had faced who had won a significant title, and he'd lost that title 5 years before he fought Haye.

Haye's high-profile fights of late:

1. Enzo Macaroni.

2. A 37 year old Monte Barrett.

3. Valuev.

4. A 38 year old John Ruiz.

5. Audley Harrison

Do you contend that any of those 5 fights were great or exciting?

You keep making slights on Ali, widely considered the greatest Heavyweight, also a man who was banned during his prime, and in your criticism of Ali you believe you are making a case for David Haye as a great boxer. You sound ignorant and thick.

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

J69 do you realise that Haye was already scheduled to face Klitschko in 2009 but pulled out to face Valuev? He ended up facing a much weaker opponent in what proved to be a very boring fight, and his fights since the Valuev one have been equally shit, to the point where he's taking the piss out of boxing fans by charging to watch them. Wladimir is expected to beat Haye. He has twice as many fights and knockouts than Haye, so by your logic he must be twice as great and twice as exciting than him also.

Being serious though Wladimir does have question marks over his chin because of some bad losses early in his career. It still doesn't make for an great fight, it'll probably be quite dull, but then again I'm not a big fan of heavyweights anyway. The general concensus from people who know about the Klitschkos is that Haye has a puncher's chance against Wladimir but would have no chance vs Vitali.

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

Vitali would win with ease. That's according to them as well. Been watching both of them on youtube. Vitali is capable of being in a good fight: his fight vs Lewis was decent. He would smash Haye up. Wladimir is an incredibly dull fighter. I saw a career highlight reel from HBO that showed all his notable fights. Not one exciting moment. He is overly cautious, there are questionmarks over his desire*, but he has a good jab. Given how cautious Haye was against someone as shit as Harrison, I think this has the potential to be an incredibly dull fight. You have two overly cautious fighters facing up. Haye will probably hold off in the early rounds and look to counter, while Wladimir will just jab away and pick up rounds. We haven't seen whether Haye can take a hit from an established heavyweight so he could get hurt, by the same token if he is able to land he could hurt Wladimir who doesn't have a great chin.

*Here are some recent quotes from Wladimir

"I never loved boxing, to be honest with you. I was never a fan of boxing," Klitschko said. "I started by accident, because my brother started. I wanted to be a doctor, actually, but my brother was a born fighter, so I became a fighter, at the sports school. I have learned in boxing so much that I couldn't learn at Cambridge or anywhere else."

He had some bad KO losses early in his career, but then once he got Emmanuel Stewart as a trainer his career took off and his conditioning and technique got better. Wladimir would have trouble against any good, established heavyweight. Haye isn't one.

Not like you to sit back and watch a row before running in at the death for a sly kick before running away giggling like a girl :lol:

I've already said I haven't got a clue about boxing man. Jump in sooner you lurking little bastard

Not like you to sit back and watch a row before running in at the death for a sly kick before running away giggling like a girl ;)

I've already said I haven't got a clue about boxing man. Jump in sooner you lurking little bastard

Bullshit, you came in with all guns blazing, then once you realised you'd dug yourself into a hole with your bullshit you threw the get out of jail card in, a back peddling coward as well as a wanker :lol:

God I despise you!

Not like you to sit back and watch a row before running in at the death for a sly kick before running away giggling like a girl ;)

Bullshit, you came in with all guns blazing, then once you realised you'd dug yourself into a hole with your bullshit you threw the get out of jail card in, a back peddling coward as well as a wanker <_<

God I despise you!

Get all you can do is moan about it online like the little bitch you are :lol:

I love that I have an effect on you, made all the sweeter by the fact that you are so truly insignificant to me, honest to god!

Insignificant yet get right under your skin at the same time.

I love the way you lap my bull shit up and take it for gospel all the time, you mean nothing to me I just like to lead you into thinking you do.

I love it.

Insignificant yet get right under your skin at the same time.

I love the way you lap my bull shit up and take it for gospel all the time, you mean nothing to me I just like to lead you into thinking you do.

I love it.

So you don't despise me?? Too late, you let your guard slip ;)

To be fair J69, on the previous page when asked if you'd watched much boxing, you replied, 'plenty'. Then on this page you said, 'I don't really watch boxing very much by the way'. I was suspicious of you being on the wind up tbh. Not that I despise you or anything ;) shirley you can't be serious with that, it's a fricking internet forum.