Newcastle United 3-1 Boro, full time.

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see him running straight to Shearer (y)

:nufc:

were staying up.i knew it all alomg.....yeee haaaa 3 fucking 1

There's a looonng way to go yet....

Probably the best thing for me (apart from the result, obviously) is that the players didn't hide and were brave enough to go for it. And actually good enough to deliver on this occasion.

Yep, very encouraging. The atmosphere was cracking too. Let's hope we don't get carried away and fuck it up on saturday..... :yahoo::boogie:

As obvious as his flaws are... I love Oba. There's something special about when it's him who scores.

Him hugging Shearer today :nufc:

shearoba.jpg

:rolleyes::yahoo::dancing:

Edited by Asprilla
What a game!!! I think I woke up my neighbour when martins scored...

:yahoo::boogie::nufc::yahoo::dancing::nufc: :nufc: :nufc: :nufc: :nufc:

I jumped off the couch, fell foward and smashed the glass coffee table :rolleyes::nufc:

I jumped up (reckon everyone did :P) and legged it out of the front room only half making it through the kitchen doorway and smacking the other half on the doorframe

I'm delighted, really delighted. The 3 points are massive, and hopefully we can take this momentum to the next game against Fulham. In regards to Michael Owen, he shouldn't be started upfront again this season imo. Martins and Viduka worked better imo and Lovenkrands pace helped us out a lot and got us 2 goals. Fulham is a must win game and a draw at Aston Villa would be nice.

Don't think Martins has 90 minutes in him at present tbh. Perfect decision bringing him off the bench and I'd be inclined to do the same against Fulham.

Shearer absolutely ran the chess game.

Guthrie taking the corners makes a world of difference.

Were to start.

Atmosphere excellent. I know some dont like organised stuff, but all those flags at the start looked immense and im sure made some of the boro lads wilt as they came out the tunnel. (Hope they caught them right on the box.

Considering the nerves and importance of the occassion, I think the majority of the team played well with the only exception being the disgraceful Jonas. Hopeless as usual, no danger of an end product and criminal the way he avoided every tackle all night.

To the Oba knockers, I hope he has gone some way to win you over tonight. His celebration not only showed what it meant to him, but more importantly that he knew what it meant to Shearer and the club.

Viduka man of the match and showed some great flashes oh how a good centre forward holds the ball like glue.

Hope we can start on Saturday with Martins and Lovenkrands.

Fucking delighted and calming down with me Horlicks.

I'm delighted, really delighted. The 3 points are massive, and hopefully we can take this momentum to the next game against Fulham. In regards to Michael Owen, he shouldn't be started upfront again this season imo. Martins and Viduka worked better imo and Lovenkrands pace helped us out a lot and got us 2 goals. Fulham is a must win game and a draw at Aston Villa would be nice.

Don't think Martins has 90 minutes in him at present tbh. Perfect decision bringing him off the bench and I'd be inclined to do the same against Fulham.

Good point, but Owen imo was a passenger for the majority of the game. Martins held the ball up, made runs etc which helped us. Owen hasn't been doing of late.

I know its a cliche but I think the confidence will do them absolute wonders - I now thnk we may beat Fulham.

Of course its no coincidence our only wins this year have been against the teams below us but there were plenty good signs tonight - Viduka being the standout.

I'd be tempted to play the same team on Saturday maybe with Lovenkrands instead of Guttierez.

This hope thing feels wrong.

GET IN !!!! 3 well needed points and a little sweetener for me (think the gscorer bit gets voided)

Bet Placed At 08/05/2009

Scorecast @ (50/1)

English

Newcastle vs Middlesbrough

First goalscorer

Obafemi Martins

Newcastle 3 - 1

Whole bet is void, D'oh!

nope gave me 14/1 on the scorecast and voided the first scorer :rolleyes:

shearoba2.jpg

This is getting framed :boogie:

you should frame this one instead... :yahoo:

temp2g.jpg

Look at Collocini's face. :rolleyes:

Looks like he's halfway through a rendition of Nessum Dorma.

Edited by Revolver
Guest alex
Lovenkrands is more an impact player imo. Gutierrez did a good shift out on that left. It's Butt I'm more worried about, I'd be inclined to possibly bring Guthrie in the centre and stick out Ryan Taylor on the right.

I thought Butt had a canny game. Ryan Taylor is as bad as any player we've had in about the last 15 years.

Really positive performance in a huge game. Gutierrez I thought was awful, but other than that I was impressed. Showed a lot of guts. Good on them.

I thought the og would kill them too. Great character.

Lovenkrands is more an impact player imo. Gutierrez did a good shift out on that left. It's Butt I'm more worried about, I'd be inclined to possibly bring Guthrie in the centre and stick out Ryan Taylor on the right.

I thought Butt had a canny game. Ryan Taylor is as bad as any player we've had in about the last 15 years.

I think Guthrie and Butt are both capable of doing a similar job, just that Guthrie is a better passer of the ball imo.

Guest alex

I think Guthrie and Butt are both capable of doing a similar job, just that Guthrie is a better passer of the ball imo.

Fair enough but I can't understand why anyone would want Taylor in the side. Guthrie is far better than him imo.

Edited by alex