Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

3 hours ago, Park Life said:

Best thing I've seen for ages. Beautifully fleshed out characters, lovely cinematography, carefully and lovingly made.  Solid source material is a great advantage. Blown away.

Just swans in when he fancies it, this lad. :lol:

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

Just swans in when he fancies it, this lad. :lol:

How do we know it’s him? 

Makes you think. 

• Haha 3

he never went away - he's been hanging out with stevie, chezgiven, leazesmag, blaydon and quiff on the secret forum all these years. 

if you know, you know

• Haha 4

On 15/05/2024 at 04:35, Park Life said:

Best thing I've seen for ages. Beautifully fleshed out characters, lovely cinematography, carefully and lovingly made.  Solid source material is a great advantage. Blown away.

Missing between 23/12/17 - 15/05/24. You been in jail mate?

• Haha 5

The dropout. Almost finished it. Brilliant. If you liked Dopesick, you'll like this. Don't know what it was originally on, but like Dopesick, it's on iPlayer now. 

Aye it was good. She's a deeply strange person. Worth digging out some YouTube footage of her talking, it's every bit as ridiculous as the actress portrays it. 

3 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Great thread this and now I fancy watching it again with the nostalgia hit of these tweets. :lol:

Phantom Menace was released 25 years ago.. Im taking McGroin Jnr through the Star Wars movies, starting there. Things can only get better, hey.

• Haha 1

Just now, Gemmill said:

Will that not put him off? The Phantom Menace was a political space-drama. Absolute snooze fest. 

It was terrible. Intergalactic Brexit. 

Plus it had fucking Jar Jar Binks. The CGI - which is everywhere - inevitably looks shite by modern standards too. 

The next two were more entertaining. The last 3 they made, especially the last one, no, the last two, Jesus Wept. Apart from that, good plan Holden. 👍

• Haha 1

He has to see the bad to appreciate the good.

He has got through the first half without any issues. It’s basically on par with Mary Poppins. Half cartoon. 

The only good thing in it is Darth Maul and then they kill him off 🤷🏻.

And that's another thing. How's it fair for the two of them to gang up on poor Maully? Should have been a square go. Clearly the Sith know the rules unlike the fucking shitein cunt jedi. 

16 hours ago, Renton said:

It was terrible. Intergalactic Brexit. 

Plus it had fucking Jar Jar Binks. The CGI - which is everywhere - inevitably looks shite by modern standards too. 

The next two were more entertaining. The last 3 they made, especially the last one, no, the last two, Jesus Wept. Apart from that, good plan Holden. 👍

Episode two was the worst of the lot. It was literally Space PMQs for three hours (or was that Ep 1?)

Was it three where Anakin goes beyond the boundaries of the dark side and kills a bunch of bairns? That was the only good one.

I actually didn't mind the first of the new ones, it fell off rapidly though.

2 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Episode two was the worst of the lot. It was literally Space PMQs for three hours (or was that Ep 1?)

Was it three where Anakin goes beyond the boundaries of the dark side and kills a bunch of bairns? That was the only good one.

I actually didn't mind the first of the new ones, it fell off rapidly though.

Think the second of the middle ones - attack of the clones - was better than the first, although the acting from Hayden Christensen was execrable. The last of that trilogy was enjoyable despite the hammy acting. The first new one was just a pointless reboot and they needlessly killed off the the best character with the worst villain ever. I'd say overall I'm amazed at how badly they managed to fuck up a multi-billion franchise like, the many series on Disney are in general just as awful. 

When it comes to Sci-Fi, I tend to prefer hard sci-fi (real science) over soft sci-fi (made up bollocks). Not much of the former available though, maybe Star Trek and films like Interstellar at a stretch, or the martian, plus various dystopian films that feel like they are coming more true by the day. 

16 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

kills a bunch of bairns?

"The younglings".

It would have been much better if Obi-wan had said "Not the bairns! Annakin has brayed the bairns!!!" 

• Haha 3

Aye, I think Attack of the Clones was worse than Phantom menace. He has an inset day today so he watched some of it earlier. I hope he finishes it off before I finish work so we can get straight onto Revenge of The Sith..

2 hours ago, Renton said:

Think the second of the middle ones - attack of the clones - was better than the first, although the acting from Hayden Christensen was execrable. The last of that trilogy was enjoyable despite the hammy acting. The first new one was just a pointless reboot and they needlessly killed off the the best character with the worst villain ever. I'd say overall I'm amazed at how badly they managed to fuck up a multi-billion franchise like, the many series on Disney are in general just as awful. 

When it comes to Sci-Fi, I tend to prefer hard sci-fi (real science) over soft sci-fi (made up bollocks). Not much of the former available though, maybe Star Trek and films like Interstellar at a stretch, or the martian, plus various dystopian films that feel like they are coming more true by the day. 

Kylo Ren with his home made lightsaber that didn't work properly :lol:. I think he worked as a gen z antagonist, in that his main power was that he was a fucking whinging bastard.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Renton said:

I liked Mandalorian and the Rosario Dawson one to be honest. 

Thought the new trilogy was close to being good, but at every fork in the road they chose the wrong one. But then again, I'm not the target audience. I'm struggling to think of any good sci-fi, hard or soft, that has come out in ages. 

Moon? Does the Martian count? But so much is just rehashing original pieces and that's the biggest problem with the latest trilogy, certainly the first of those three.