Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

:lol:

A supposed super car falling off a bridge and both occupants get out with not a scratch.  Get to fuck man.

Sounds canny super tbf

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Watched the Jackson thing. Not only was he a paedophile, he was a cheat. 

i started it last night. got about half way in so haven't yet heard about the disgusting detail from the people he abused. what is clear is he was a cold operator, spending months grooming the parents as well as the children. 

Has to be the death that returned the most original death jokes so far.

He might be topped by Elton John

Or his doctor

6 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

The whole thing could have been avoided if the kids had stopped turning up to his house looking all sexy in their Smooth Criminal suits. 

What?

• Haha 2

After Life - The new show from Gervais. Fairly decent watch. Felt more like a movie idea that he couldn’t get the budget for rather than a TV show though. Can’t see where a second series would go.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ewerk said:

After Life - The new show from Gervais. Fairly decent watch. Felt more like a movie idea that he couldn’t get the budget for rather than a TV show though. Can’t see where a second series would go.

It's reminiscent of Truly, madly, deeply imo. Watched the first 2 episodes, enjoyable. 

10 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Has he shoehorned being an atheist into it yet? He doesn't believe in God btw.

No, but given the theme it wouldn't be shoehorning. Did call Jesus a cunt to a 9 year old boy iirc. 

Sounds as embarrassing as everything else he's put out in the past decade.

To contribute something other than hating Ricky Gervais, Barry is coming back for Season 2 and if you haven't watched that, you absolutely should. One of the most pitch perfect dark comedies I've ever seen with brilliant performances from Bill Hader and Henry Winkler.

3 hours ago, ewerk said:

Of course he has.

Shoehorned? It's called After life ffs! 

I always find it strange people bring up matters of spirituality as taboo. I mean, what could be more important than what happens after you die? Not to mention the adverse effects of religion illustrated in the circumcision thread. 

Anyhow, I don't think atheism is the main point of this after the first 2 episodes. Grieving is. 

Edited by Renton

1 hour ago, Renton said:

I mean, what could be more important than what happens after you die?

Literally everything and anything that preceded that?

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Literally everything and anything that preceded that?

Not if you believe in life after death Shirley? Most very religious people regard this mortal coil as rather unimportant. 

7 minutes ago, Renton said:

Not if you believe in life after death Shirley? Most very religious people regard this mortal coil as rather unimportant. 

Which is lunacy when most faiths mean they should believe their actions on this plane determine what happens after. 

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

Which is lunacy when most faiths mean they should believe their actions on this plane determine what happens after. 

Well yes, but either way its important whether when you die you have eternal life in heaven/hell or simply cease to exist. Even more so we it impacts on your behaviour now. 

But anyway, After Life is about coping with the loss of a much loved spouse. To accuse Gervais of using it as a vehicle to promote his atheism is wide if the mark and unfair imo, at least in the first 2 episodes. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2019 at 07:44, ewerk said:

The discussion on atheism in the show isn’t related to anything though, other than another example of him being an arsehole.

it is for sure, but i like the way it's written, he's desperately trying to be an arsehole but can't be. 

i have to admit i'm not a huge fan of his, but there are some fucking funny one-liners in this.