Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

Just seen a trailer for the latest series of Celebrity Help My House Is Haunted. One episode features the surviving Chuckle brother who is obviously claiming his house is haunted by his brother.

I haven't watched the episode, but the trailer has him trying to do "To me"...and waiting for a ghostly ".... to you" from his brother. :lol:

I'll not be watching it, but I strongly recommend you all do.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

Just seen a trailer for the latest series of Celebrity Help My House Is Haunted. One episode features the surviving Chuckle brother who is obviously claiming his house is haunted by his brother.

I haven't watched the episode, but the trailer has him trying to do "To me"...and waiting for a ghostly ".... to you" from his brother. :lol:

You're kidding? :lol: 

• Haha 2

I'm afraid not. The celebrities on it are  insane man. Paul Burrell is on this series trying to talk to Dead Diana, who I assume he's claiming is haunting his house.

I might watch the Chuckle Brothers one and report back.

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I want to see the trailer at the very least :lol: 

3 hours ago, The Fish said:

You're kidding? :lol: 

I say to my lass a while back that all of the programmes Alan Partridge suggests in that scene where he’s desperate to get a second series would all probably get made now 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alex said:

I say to my lass a while back that all of the programmes Alan Partridge suggests in that scene where he’s desperate to get a second series would all probably get made now 

I would definitely watch ‘Youth Hostelling with Chris Eubank’

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

I would definitely watch ‘Youth Hostelling with Chris Eubank’

An interview with Adam Pearson should be interesting. 

On 24/02/2024 at 08:37, Holden McGroin said:

Murder at first Swipe is worth a watch.

It’s about the serial killer in Barking. The complete ineptitude of the Met Police is genuinely astonishing.

Haven’t actually seen that but I know the case you’re talking about. I would say it was prejudice and ineptitude in equal measure. Which is par for the course for the Met 

• Like 1

On 22/02/2024 at 22:07, Dr Gloom said:

my kid wants GTA but I’m holding off for now. He’s 12. is it not pretty savage? 

My kids are still on fortnite, thankfully. My eldest is 12 and I definitely wouldn't let him play GTA for a few years yet (even though I had played the first 2 or 3 by his age).

On 24/02/2024 at 08:37, Holden McGroin said:

Murder at first Swipe is worth a watch.

Its about the serial killer in Barking. The complete ineptitude of the Met Police is genuinely astonishing.

I watched this like, but completely put it down to homophobia rather than ineptitude. Had that first death been a young lass the bloke would have been charged with murder the minute he changed his story. The fact that the old wife found two bodies in the exact same spot weeks apart and the coppers treat both as not suspicious was mental.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dazzler said:

I watched this like, but completely put it down to homophobia rather than ineptitude. Had that first death been a young lass the bloke would have been charged with murder the minute he changed his story. The fact that the old wife found two bodies in the exact same spot weeks apart and the coppers treat both as not suspicious was mental.

I know of the case but haven't watched it. I suspect you're right mind. Sort of related, if Shamima Begum had been a white lass she would not only have not lost her citizenship, she would have been treated as a victim of grooming imo. Some people matter more than others. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dazzler said:

Aye, you're probably right. It just seemed to easier (and more resourceful) to solve the case than deal with a death investigation every couple of months. It was glaringly obvious it was linked and who it was. The murderer also had previous convictions for sexual offences but that didn't even seem to flag up when he was charged for perverting the course of justice. 

8 hours ago, Dazzler said:

The second one with a suicide note explaining the first death. Which wasn’t even written by the person and they didn’t even get that checked out. Just an assumption they were into taking loads of drugs because, of course, every single young gay man is. The fucking mates and families of the victims did more to solve it than the coppers. The police involved will still be detectives in the met. At the very least the last lad should’ve been saved. The perpetrator was even known to the police. It boils my fucking piss stuff like that. Young lives that should never have been ended thanks to cunt coppers not even coming close to doing their jobs 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

Aye, you're probably right. It just seemed to easier (and more resourceful) to solve the case than deal with a death investigation every couple of months. It was glaringly obvious it was linked and who it was. The murderer also had previous convictions for sexual offences but that didn't even seem to flag up when he was charged for perverting the course of justice. 

Didn’t he live right next to where the bodies were found? When the first lad was killed he only got done for perverting the course of justice. Then killed the next two while out on bail? Even then they didn’t connect it to him. The coroner even said there was evidence of the bodies being moved

in at least a couple of the cases iirc. Outrageous, man 

23 minutes ago, Alex said:

Didn’t he live right next to where the bodies were found? When the first lad was killed he only got done for perverting the course of justice. Then killed the next two while out on bail? Even then they didn’t connect it to him. The coroner even said there was evidence of the bodies being moved

in at least a couple of the cases iirc. Outrageous, man 

Aye. He was shady as fuck in the first murder. He basically propped him up outside his house called 999 pretending to be a passer by and claimed he had never met him. Then admitted he slept with him under questioning but said he had a GHB overdose.  Then three blokes appeared dead over the next few months propped up in the park (right next to his house) with GHB overdoses and they still didn’t connect it (or didn’t want to). 

Luckily the sisters of the last victim didn’t let it go or he would have done it again. 

Shocking stuff from the Met Police.

• Like 1

The Completely Made Up Adventures of Dick Turpin.

An anemic version of the Mighty Boosh with many of the Boosh regulars, good enough for me in these desperate times, I liked it.

Edited by Jimbo

25 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

The Completely Made Up Adventures of Dick Turpin.

An anemic version of the Mighty Boost with many of the Boost regulars, good enough for me in these desperate times, I liked it.

If it's on Jimbo's telly this must be true. 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Nice, I think it’s on Disney+ over here. 

I’m currently slicing my way through the Mongol army in Ghost of Tsushima so this is great timing. 

13 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Shogun

Absolutely outstanding.

Read the book years ago, long enough ago to only half remember so hoping the series is decent and doesn't spoil it. Watched the first two episodes and it seems promising so far.

17 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Read the book years ago, long enough ago to only half remember so hoping the series is decent and doesn't spoil it. Watched the first two episodes and it seems promising so far.

My favourite book, waiting to watch so I can binge the whole thing and hoping it’s not a travesty like the Richard Chamberlain effort.