Mobile Phones

Nyff

ordered a c905 as my upgrade today based on recs here and numerous good reviews elsewhere, I'm mainly bothered about the camera being decent clarity and quick operating

once I get it I'll have a mess for a bit and return with opinions :wub:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the Nokia N73 and replaced it with the C902 in July. I personally have had a horrible experience with the C902, the keypad has actually fallen off, the phone is slow, it turns off randomly, freezes every now and then, it's terrible.

My brother on the other hand, got the Samsung Tocco (I think that's what it's called) in July and he's loved it and i've got to admit, it's pretty snazzy. It's a touch screen phone with a good camera and seems to be reliable.

I wouldn't get the iPhone personally, it's too much like the iPod touch...I'm just one for the Sony Ericssons. My mum got the C905 the other day, have to admit, it's impressive. Much better than my 902.

My K850i was exactly the same

Aye my K850i was fucking dogshit. The C905 though is a million times better. Not had an ounce of trouble :wub:

None at all? my slider is slightly loose and the 'down' button is a bit stiff on mine.

I used my mum's C905 for a few days, I loved it, especially compared to the C902. Was speedy, hasn't caused my mum or me (my mum being a very picky and impatient person so this is a godsend) any problems and is generally a reliable phone so far. The only complaint I can have is that it's a chunky phone, but that's to be expected.

I tend to find once you update the firmware, the phone is a bit more faster and whatnot, but that isn't saying much.

I had the Nokia N73 and replaced it with the C902 in July. I personally have had a horrible experience with the C902, the keypad has actually fallen off, the phone is slow, it turns off randomly, freezes every now and then, it's terrible.

My brother on the other hand, got the Samsung Tocco (I think that's what it's called) in July and he's loved it and i've got to admit, it's pretty snazzy. It's a touch screen phone with a good camera and seems to be reliable.

I wouldn't get the iPhone personally, it's too much like the iPod touch...I'm just one for the Sony Ericssons. My mum got the C905 the other day, have to admit, it's impressive. Much better than my 902.

Aye my K850i was fucking dogshit. The C905 though is a million times better. Not had an ounce of trouble :lol:

None at all? my slider is slightly loose and the 'down' button is a bit stiff on mine.

Your aim been a little off Laz? :wub:

For a bit of balance I've got the C905 and think it's a bit shit. The slider mechanism feels a bit loose to me, the navigation key isn't the best, and, probably just being an idiot here and using the wrong network or something, I find the internet intolerably slow. What is the point in the GPS? The one time I'd like to know where I am is on a hill in the mist, yet it doesn't function unless you get a phone signal! So it's basically useless to me.

The screen also malfunctioned on me so I had to return it for repairs - the same thing happened on my last Sony mobile so I've basically had it with them I think.

Basically the C905 seems to be an average digital camera with a phone attached. I'm with Snakehips now and for my next phone I'm going all luddite and going for pure functionality without any of these extras which are just a pain in the arse.

Meh, all these recommendations aside I think I am definitely going for that HTC Google Phone. I nipped into the Vodafone shop today and got to have a little play with the thing and it is one hell of a handset. Plus it has Wifi, free 3G+ internet and GPS, which will probably come in as a life saver because I'm crap with directions despite living around this area for 18 years (granted I have only been driving for about 6 months of them 18 years!).

Thanks for all the comments, but the sexy little Google phone has won me over :wub:

My C905 arrived about an hour ago and I've had a bit of a play, one thing i will say is that this has got to be the easiest phone I've had for getting ready for use with numbers off the sim, adding tones and pictures etc etc

came with an 8gb sony memory card with a neat little usb adaptor since sony seem to have realised no one uses their cards rather than regular SDs, camera is nice and quick and the pictures quality is really good when I've got them up on my laptop, so far I'm impressed, i'll see what living with it is like though and report back

Great news. Called up Vodafone today, and negotiated them into taking a tenner a month off the price plan I was looking at but still including all the benefits. Even better news is that the phone will arrive sometime tomorrow, so I can get back to you all with a little review when it comes!

Having had the C905 for a few days now I have to say I still love it, nice having a keypad again since moving from the viewty (which ive flogged to mazuma for £40) I like Sonys approach to the text inbox having it set up almost like an msn conversation sort of thing so you can flick quickly through previous messages between you and whoever, its a nice little touch

Having had the C905 for a few days now I have to say I still love it, nice having a keypad again since moving from the viewty (which ive flogged to mazuma for £40) I like Sonys approach to the text inbox having it set up almost like an msn conversation sort of thing so you can flick quickly through previous messages between you and whoever, its a nice little touch

Ive just done a software update on my c905 and its now got that 'conversation' feature. very usuful.

Aye my K850i was fucking dogshit. The C905 though is a million times better. Not had an ounce of trouble ;)

Profit of fucking doom you are... Got in the car Monday morning and the headset refused to work in it - couldn't hear a thing and no-one on the other end could either. Worked OK normally though.

Rung O2 who said, well if it works without the headset is there actually a problem? :D Changed their tune when I pointed out I drive 35,000 miles a year.

• 3 weeks later...

My mother just got a free upgrade to a Nokia E63 and has given it to me. If I go online wirelessly through my home hub will Orange charge me for that or will I only get charged if I use the WAP to go online?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
A new mobile phone charger that will work with any handset has been approved by the International Telecommunication Union (ITU), a United Nations body.

Industry body the GSMA says that 51,000 tonnes of redundant chargers are generated each year.

Currently most chargers are product or brand specific, so people tend to change them when they upgrade to a new phone.

However, the new energy-efficient chargers can be kept for much longer.

The GSMA also estimates that they will reduce annual greenhouse gas emissions by 13.6m tonnes.

"This is a significant step in reducing the environmental impact of mobile charging," said Malcolm Johnson, director of ITU's Telecommunication Standardisation Bureau.

"Universal chargers are a common-sense solution that I look forward to seeing in other areas."

The charger has a micro-USB port at the connecting end, using similar technology to digital cameras.

It is not compulsory for manufacturers to adopt the new chargers but the ITU says that some have already signed up to it.

"We are planning to launch the universal charger internationally during the first half of 2010," Aldo Liguori, spokesperson for Sony Ericsson told the BBC.

"We will roll it out with new products as they launch."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8323018.stm

• 2 months later...

Anyone used the HTC HD2 , Palm Pre or The BlackBerry Bold 9700? and if so are they anygood?

Got to choose a smart phone from o2 for work. Just thought i check the vast knowledge that is toontastic.

• 1 month later...
bump

Anyone got a Nokia X6? looking at reviews it seems like it would do me very nicely just wondering if anyone has experience of it first hand?

http://www.mobile-phones-uk.org.uk/nokia-x6.htm#review

I've been looking at it too. Not sure I'd want to go onto an 18 month contract though so I might look into buying it instead. I've got the 5800 and it's a similar set up by the looks of things. I find my 5800 is easier for browsing the internet and typing compared to my ipod touch. But the touch has the bigger screen. So if it keeps the same on screen qwerty I'll be happy.

been reading through various reviews all morning, as well as T&Cs and have ordered a balckberry curve 8520

100 mins unlimited texts (and a ps3) 24 months for £15

well have a few "extra services" to cancel once I get it but I'm fine with that

got through dialaphone btw

been reading through various reviews all morning, as well as T&Cs and have ordered a balckberry curve 8520

100 mins unlimited texts (and a ps3) 24 months for £15

well have a few "extra services" to cancel once I get it but I'm fine with that

got through dialaphone btw

My upgrade is due end of March, do these free gifts actually happen? or do they bump up the price so your paying for it anyway?