Haris Vuckic

Nyff

Has anyone seen anything from this guy? From what I can tell he has got to be one of the most promising players we have in our academy at the moment. We think he will start to get some chances next season?

This is from .com:

Newcastle's Academy side ended their season over the weekend with a short trip to the Bosnian town of Foca to participate in an eight team tournament.

And after beating their three opponents, the young Magpies returned to Tyneside with the trophy, while Slovenian Haris Vuckic scooped both the top scorer and player of the tournament accolades.

Scores/scorers:

NUFC 4 Rabotnicki (Macedonia) 0

Vuckic, Donaldson, Tavernier, OG.

NUFC 2 Sutjeska (Bosnia) 0

Vuckic 2.

NUFC 4 Levski Sofia (Bulgaria) 1

Vuckic 2, Adjei, McCrudden.

Has anyone seen anything from this guy? From what I can tell he has got to be one of the most promising players we have in our academy at the moment. We think he will start to get some chances next season?

This is from .com:

Newcastle's Academy side ended their season over the weekend with a short trip to the Bosnian town of Foca to participate in an eight team tournament.

And after beating their three opponents, the young Magpies returned to Tyneside with the trophy, while Slovenian Haris Vuckic scooped both the top scorer and player of the tournament accolades.

Scores/scorers:

NUFC 4 Rabotnicki (Macedonia) 0

Vuckic, Donaldson, Tavernier, OG.

NUFC 2 Sutjeska (Bosnia) 0

Vuckic 2.

NUFC 4 Levski Sofia (Bulgaria) 1

Vuckic 2, Adjei, McCrudden.

Have seen him in a couple of reserve games and he is really good - i said at the time he looked better than guthrie and smith who were also playing in one of the matches and that he was worth a go in the first team as a sub obviously

I've heard Man United are sniffing around. Not much hope he'll be here long enough to see first team action.

Be a great shame that like because he could pick a pass and judging by his record he knows where the goal is - goals from midfield eh! - haven't seen too many of them lately - i'd sit him down and tell him he is going to get his chance then blood him into it - might keep him interested

Money Banks On Vuckic For Big Toon Future

By Craig Hope

SLOVENIAN starlet Haris Vuckic has added to his collection of individual honours by landing both the top goalscorer and player-of-the-tournament accolades as Newcastle United Under-18s returned victorious from a competition in Bosnia.

The Ljubljana-born midfielder, still just 16, fired five times for Richard Money's Academy side as they swept past opponents from Macedonia and Bosnia en route to the final before enjoying a 4-1 success over Bulgarian side Levski Sofia to lift the trophy.

Vuckic, captain of his under-17 national team, arrived on Tyneside in January from NK Domzale and has gone on to earn rave reviews following a string of classy displays for the club's reserve and junior sides which have yielded five goals.

And Magpie coach Money believes that a big future awaits the young playmaker.

"He's beginning to settle in now," the Academy chief told nufcTV.

"Coming over from Slovenia in January was never going to be easy, especially with such a big reputation.

"But week by week he's really beginning to come to grips with what we want.

"And on the evidence of the tournament in Bosnia and some of the things he did before we went away, he has all of the ingredients to be a top, top player."

And when asked if Vuckic could make an impact at first-team level in the Championship next season, Money confidently came back: "I don't think he's too far away if I'm honest.

"He's got everything really; great size, good athlete, change of pace and he's very clever and creative with the ball.

"I think that given the right environment and the right development then he's got a big future ahead of him."

Should make a tidy profit on him

The amount of profit we could get isn't really worthwhile, when it sounds like he might be a talent and might be close enough to the 1st team to make an impact. We're shaving the first team a fair bit, so there'll be less "seasoned" pros between him and a game.

The fact that his coach is talking him up for the first team at only 16 is very promising and if he's going to be a real star I think we will need to see him this year. Not many players come through older than 18 and become real top class players.

defo agree any1 of the youngsters who are peforming at the reserves deserve a shot. definately in the championship. All the rising stars have come to prominence at 16/17 rooney walcott lennon etc. If a player isnt breaking into 1st team by 18 19 theyre probably never going to make it.

Ones we will definately see at somepoint next season are

Tamas Kadar probably at left back

Haris Vuckic Centre mid

Lua Lua also at centre mid

Edited by JaMoUsE

I'd have him sniffing around the first team for certain next season. I look at us being in the Championship as a good way of blooding and ultimately hanging onto some of the promising young players that we have signed lately. From what I've read Vuckic seems to be well and truly the pick of the bunch, and wonderfully he plays in the position that we are weakest. Match made in heaven TBH, get him on the bench and coming on to get some first team experience. 16 is not too young in Football anymore, by the time the season starts he'll be 17 anyway.

Rooney was playing and scoring for Everton in the Premier League when he was 16, Milner was playing the Premier League when he was 16.

We're not in the Premier League, so it's even more reason why we can't afford to be precious about the age of our players. Not saying to put him straight into the first 11, but on or near the bench early in the season with a view to getting him on the field towards the end of a few games. Mix in our usual bevvy of injuried and who knows where he will be half way through the season. Look at Bassong as an example of that. Give him a chance and he just might shine.

Now is the best time to give him a shot, wasn't he playing first team for his team before us?

I don't think he's ready to play week in week out but from what I've heard, he's still very very good and has a lot of potential.

"I think that given the right environment and the right development then he's got a big future ahead of him."

Let's hope we don't fuck it up then. We haven't excelled at this in the past.

The amount of profit we could get isn't really worthwhile, when it sounds like he might be a talent and might be close enough to the 1st team to make an impact. We're shaving the first team a fair bit, so there'll be less "seasoned" pros between him and a game.

That's one of the major problem with "youth development" these days, yes you might make some money, but if you can't keep hold of anyone of genuine quality, then it's just perpetuating the top 4.

Although it would surely appeal to Ashley in his "how to make a profit and ruin a football club" philosophy. :wub:

That's one of the major problem with "youth development" these days, yes you might make some money, but if you can't keep hold of anyone of genuine quality, then it's just perpetuating the top 4.

Although it would surely appeal to Ashley in his "how to make a profit and ruin a football club" philosophy. :wub:

Selling Youth come into two acceptable categories for me. Sell the Rooney types, who have outgrown the club even in their progression. A player who so clearly will be a top quality player that you'll be unable to keep him, so you'll be able to demand a large fee based on the thinknig that the buying club are not only getting a decent player, but they're also getting a player who will improve.

Everton knew they couldn't accomodate Rooney's ambition and were resigned to him leaving, may as well get a stonking payment for him.

The other category is selling a player who will not usurp what you have in your team. Sure we should let players like Offiong go, as he was never going to better what we had.

I don't believe we have any Rooney players at the club and the youth that are breaking into the 1st team already surely deserve a shot given the failure of the seasoned pros ahead of them.

Fingers firmly crossed. If he can be persuaded that a season in the Championship as a more or less active squad player would be beneficial to his overall development - and let's be honest, it's still a step up from a mid-table side in the Slovenian league and far more action than he'd get a top-flight club - then I can see him turning into something special for us. Obviously we'd need to get promoted first time or he'll be off, but a season of Championship activity would add a good million to his resale value, so it's all good either way.

wtf with the "he has to be in the first team at 16 to be really good" chatter.

BUT MILNA WAS 1ST TEAM AT 16 AND HE IS BEST PLAYER IN the WORLD

Oh wait, he's an average clogger who couldn't even get any joy out of the worst Newcastle team in a generation. Hmm.

Selling Youth come into two acceptable categories for me. Sell the Rooney types, who have outgrown the club even in their progression. A player who so clearly will be a top quality player that you'll be unable to keep him, so you'll be able to demand a large fee based on the thinknig that the buying club are not only getting a decent player, but they're also getting a player who will improve.

Everton knew they couldn't accomodate Rooney's ambition and were resigned to him leaving, may as well get a stonking payment for him.

The other category is selling a player who will not usurp what you have in your team. Sure we should let players like Offiong go, as he was never going to better what we had.

I don't believe we have any Rooney players at the club and the youth that are breaking into the 1st team already surely deserve a shot given the failure of the seasoned pros ahead of them.

tbh I think you only get a 'Rooney' emerge through your youth system once every blue moon. I'd say the last one we had was Gazza and, like Rooney, we were never going to accomodate his amition at the time.

The one before that was IMO Milburn. Thankfully he did stick around.

BUT MILNA WAS 1ST TEAM AT 16 AND HE IS BEST PLAYER IN the WORLD

Oh wait, he's an average clogger who couldn't even get any joy out of the worst Newcastle team in a generation. Hmm.

Not having the worst time of it now really is he?

Must stop defending Milner, he is gone now, get over it! :wub:

The vast majority of top class internationals are playing in their first team by 18. That's not to say all do or that plenty of decent players don't come through until later but if we're talking this lad up to something massive then I would suggest we need to be seeing something of him soon. If not then he still has a good chance of making it as a pro but is unlikely to be the next Gazza for us.