Mike Ashley puts Newcastle on the block

Scottish Mag

Brian Johnston, Sting, Ant and Dec could form a supergroup and release a charity single.

with jimmy Nail and Dire Straits on BV's

"Its kick off time, and there's no need to be afraid..."

cos at kick off time, we toss the coin and we pickkkk endss

and our ground aint empty

its just full of passionate fans

put your arms up in the air

at kick of time

but do not swear

cos the hitlers will throw you ouuuuttttt

come to your seat

so you cannot shouuutt yeeeaahhhh

and in our ground we're plenty

we sing and dance and yell

but pretty please

dont give us El Tel

sunstroke!!

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who thinks this will be some swift takeover that will be resolved within a month is frankly kidding themselves. When Ashley himself bought the club it took the best part of 2 months to get everything sorted and that was us as a viable prospect and with him, we had someone genuinely interested in buying the club.

This will drag out all summer and there's a good chance we won't be sold at all. All the while, I bet the fact fuck-head doesn't put another penny into the club meaning that we'll have no players coming in, we'll lose those out of contract and Shearer will be back on the telly.

DK may not be a million miles away from the truth with talk of points deduction either. We're really in the smelly stuff now :lol:

The club is no longer a PLC so can be bought and sold very quickly if both parties so choose

Anyone who thinks this will be some swift takeover that will be resolved within a month is frankly kidding themselves. When Ashley himself bought the club it took the best part of 2 months to get everything sorted and that was us as a viable prospect and with him, we had someone genuinely interested in buying the club.

This will drag out all summer and there's a good chance we won't be sold at all. All the while, I bet the fact fuck-head doesn't put another penny into the club meaning that we'll have no players coming in, we'll lose those out of contract and Shearer will be back on the telly.

DK may not be a million miles away from the truth with talk of points deduction either. We're really in the smelly stuff now :lol:

The club is no longer a PLC so can be bought and sold very quickly if both parties so choose

If being the important word of course.. I still think he was sent up North by Spurs board to deal a death blow to us.

DK may not be a million miles away from the truth with talk of points deduction either. We're really in the smelly stuff now :D

And you seriously think that's going to happen? :lol:

If being the important word of course.. I still think he was sent up North by Spurs board to deal a death blow to us.

Possibly but this time there would be no delays due to persuading people to sell their shares and a 'strategic review'

DK may not be a million miles away from the truth with talk of points deduction either. We're really in the smelly stuff now :P

And you seriously think that's going to happen? :lol:

Nope, just making a sensible suggestion as opposed to instantly squealing about the situation like some :D:P

Christ I thought things were bad enough before but we could be a total wreck of a club come the start of the season. Are we now just in limbo till a resolution is found? If this drags on for a month or two we are so totally fucked it doesn't bear thinking about :lol:

One things for sure, by admitting he's desperate to sell he's put himself into a ridiculously weak position

That's what strikes me as most odd about this business. I had a hunch he'd want to chuck it but this is a strange way to go about it. It's pure soap-opera going public and attaching all this sentimental apologetic bollocks to what is for him no more than a business decision, albeit a costly one (assuming it's genuine).

Why make a drama out of it? The sort of people who might be interested in buying the club could be made quite well aware Ashley wants to sell without all this fuss.

I would say though that on balance I don't think this is purely a ruse to deflect the flak he'd get for not getting Shearer on board. I think he does want to sell, as he must know that no-one is going to touch a season ticket renewal till this is all sorted out. That would definitely not be in his interests if he was intending to stay.

I would say though that on balance I don't think this is purely a ruse to deflect the flak he'd get for not getting Shearer on board. I think he does want to sell, as he must know that no-one is going to touch a season ticket renewal till this is all sorted out. That would definitely not be in his interests if he was intending to stay.

I'm struck by it being strange that he semingly talked to Shearer in "good faith" and then what- wakes up yesterday and says ah fuck it I can't be arsed anymore.

He has demonstrated himself to be an impulsive arsehole but I think this tops the lot.

I'm struck by it being strange that he semingly talked to Shearer in "good faith" and then what- wakes up yesterday and says ah fuck it I can't be arsed anymore.

He has demonstrated himself to be an impulsive arsehole but I think this tops the lot.

I suspect he can't/won't give Shearer the assurances he seeks and his arse has dropped out

I suspect he can't/won't give Shearer the assurances he seeks and his arse has dropped out

Et moi.

I seriously worry for Newcastle. You got Ashley trying to flog the club to anyone at all, which in turn puts off Shearer signing up full time, and to top it all off you have to ship out half your squad who want to stay on their huge contracts. There are far too many unknowns there for you to rebuild and regain your composure.

The ownership issue needs to be sorted ASAP. If it drags on until July/August, you're up the shitter in terms of stability and planning.

Can't NUSC do something about the current situation like raise certain percentage of the amount and co-invest with some local business tycoons? My apologies if the question seems silly.

Can't NUSC do something about the current situation like raise certain percentage of the amount and co-invest with some local business tycoons? My apologies if the question seems silly.

I think the amounts involved are simply too high for anything like that to have a chance of getting off the ground. It's just not realistic for a fan-based group to raise a big enough amount to make it a player in a consortium-type takeover.

There may well be one well-known local businessman in the thick of things right now as far as a takeover goes, but that'll be Freddie Shepherd and he'll have his own ideas about things. He won't be knocking on the door of NUSC anytime soon.

I seriously worry for Newcastle. You got Ashley trying to flog the club to anyone at all, which in turn puts off Shearer signing up full time, and to top it all off you have to ship out half your squad who want to stay on their huge contracts. There are far too many unknowns there for you to rebuild and regain your composure.

The ownership issue needs to be sorted ASAP. If it drags on until July/August, you're up the shitter in terms of stability and planning.

That bloody word.... :lol:

pud as chairman :lol:

pud as chairman :lol:

I like your thinking Paddy me lad!

As for the NUSC, its not feasible for us to get together any kind of realistic amount to join forces with some consortium, nice thought but not at the minute, this is though why we are pushing forward with the Supporters Trust initiative, hopefully whoever takes over from this total shitstick of a human being will work with the fans in the long term. Whether Freddy has learnt his lesson though only time will tell. Hes also renowned for looking down on the fans.

Here endeth the NUSC bit and starteth the Pud view......

Maybe now you lot will see where I was coming from a week ago, I dont believe a word either of these clowns say, I do believe that we are close to administration under this man and by doing this hes started the ball rolling. Basically hes now saying "its nowt to do with me, its not my fault".

We have debts, all those that say we dont are fools, theres an overdraft and a morgage with Barclays, we've made money in the last two transfer windows and *allegedly* Ashley has pumped £140million in to clear the debts yet now we're sitting here with bankers breathing down our necks.

I said it last week and I'll say it again now, Ashley had no intention of doing anything to steer us away from relegation, Im not saying he wanted us to go down but he didnt want to change things and bring someone in. He only did so with Shearer because he shit himself when Oliver broke the Administration story. He then had to actually try and stop us going down otherwise he would be seen as the out and out liar that he is.

Now we're down he doesnt want to fork out anything to get us back up so hes pulling this one, as someone else pointed out, this stops him agreeing anything with Shearer, we will now be in limbo until either we're sold or Kinnear reappears to sell off more players and bring in some cheap cheap shit.

I dread to think how far we have yet to fall..... just another day in the NUFC saga.

Glad he's going. 50/50 shot of getting a good owner if you ask me.

An Owner that's got to have the cash not only to buy us, but throw £20m at the immediate problem and who doesn't get too involved with the day-to-day. Employs the right men in the right position and doesn't embarrass us on national tv/media... is that too much to ask for?