Mike Ashley puts Newcastle on the block

Scottish Mag

Tbf, if we get bought for £80m (or whatever) and the next people to come in invest properly....bear with me here :lol:....and then we're promoted and build a decent squad, debt free, and the reason was one season of relegation and Ashley paying off all our debts, I think he should be allowed to come back as a fan and have the slate wiped clean.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the reports of Shearer's wage demands are true, I think he's taking the piss ever so slightly.

About the same as Moyes' new deal I think - of course you could argue that Moyes has already proved himself but Shearer would probably use the big name/ST sales argument.

I hope Shearer's wage demands aren't true. Especially as it stops any wage reduction hopes from our over paid squad in their tracks.

Edited by Asprilla

It's a strange one - if the mortgage pay-off clause hadn't existed and say he'd put a £100m in on players then I'd guess we'd have finished in a UEFA place with Keegan at least and everyone would love him. As it is if it does work out that we "come back stronger" from relegation then he'll still probably be hated.

At a time when 120 people are losing their jobs, turning up and demanding 2.5 to 3m, when you have 8 games of experience, and one of your first tasks is to trim the wage bill is fucking crazy. And I don't think it's comparable to Moyes tbh. He's a Premiership manager who's demonstrated his ability over a sustained period. We are in the Championship, so he should be on a Championship rookie manager's wage, with a view to renegotiating if he gets us up.

It might all be bollocks anyway, but I'd be pretty disappointed if it's true.

Edited by Gemmill

At a time when 120 people are losing their jobs, turning up and demanding 2.5 to 3m, when you have 8 games of experience, and one of your first tasks is to trim the wage bill is fucking crazy. And I don't think it's comparable to Moyes tbh. He's a Premiership manager who's demonstrated his ability over a sustained period. We are in the Championship, so he should be on a Championship rookie manager's wage, with a view to renegotiating if he gets us up.

It might all be bollocks anyway, but I'd be pretty disappointed if it's true.

Even Mourinho was only on 3.25 at Chelsea.

Maybe you now your regretting trying to get 400 million for it from the Citeh people you fat tub of horse spunk.

Goodbye :lol:

The Ronny seems to think that a cash rich Omani consortium is interested, although they're not the most reliable when it comes to takeover chatter :lol:

Knowing our luck we'd end up the the poorest, least financially astute Arab Billionaire who made his money selling cheap sandals and burkas :D

Alan Shearer insists he has made no demands on Newcastle in discussions regarding the club's managerial post.

The former England striker took charge of the Magpies for the final eight games of the 2008/09 campaign, but was unable to save them from the drop.

Despite seeing the club slip into the Championship under his tutelage, Newcastle remain keen to bring Shearer in on a full-time basis.

He has held talks with owner Mike Ashley and managing director Derek Llambias, but no decision has been made on which avenue to take.

Reports had suggested that Shearer was demanding a big-money contract and a multi-million-pound-transfer budget, something the Magpies were reluctant to give him.

The process has also been thrown into doubt following the news that Ashley is keen to sell the club as soon as possible.

Conditions

Shearer, though, insists everything is going to plan and has rubbished suggestions that demands he may have made were delaying proceedings.

"I met Mike Ashley and Derek Llambias last week and we discussed at length the future of Newcastle United and my desire to be the manager moving forward," he said.

"I made no demands but there were obvious conditions. We simply proposed an honest evaluation of what was needed to get the club back into the Premiership whilst building solid foundations for the future.

"I fully understand Mike Ashley's decision to sell the club as he feels it's now in the best interest of the club and the fans.

"I hope to know more by the end of the week."

Loise Taylor from the Guardian wouldn't know a real story if it hit her in the face though tbh. Might as well have me mam writing for the paper....

And Louise, if you're reading this - I mean that most sincerely.

Loise Taylor from the Guardian wouldn't know a real story if it hit her in the face though tbh. Might as well have me mam writing for the paper....

On the contrary she was right all along about KK.

Pandora's box right there. She was spot on about KK all along which has been completely ignored by 99% of NUFC fans.

Shame.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Pandora's box right there. She was spot on about KK all along which has been completely ignored by 99% of NUFC fans.

Shame.

Me and you have a pact never to open that box again. :D

Yeah Louise Taylor was spot on. For example, she predicted Keegan wouls sign Defoe, Van Buyten, Wes Brown, Chimbonda and Sol Campbell :D

The woman knows absolutely fuck all about football man.

Former Newcastle and England striker Alan Shearer hopes to discover whether he will be named as the club's full-time boss "by the end of the week".

Shearer took temporary charge of the Magpies with eight games remaining of the season but could not prevent their relegation to the Championship.

And the 38-year-old has been in talks with owner Mike Ashley about taking on the role in a full-time capacity.

"I hope to know more by the end of the week," said Shearer.

Following those talks with Ashley and managing director Derek Llambias reports had emerged that Shearer had been seeking a £3m annual salary and a multi-million pound transfer budget.

I fully understand Mike Ashley's decision to sell the club

Alan Shearer

But in a statement released on Monday, Shearer denied making any such demands.

"I met Mike Ashley and Derek Llambias last week and we discussed at length the future of Newcastle United and my desire to be the manager moving forward," said Shearer

"I made no demands but there were obvious conditions. We simply proposed an honest evaluation of what was needed to get the club back into the Premiership whilst building solid foundations for the future."

Owner Ashley, who bought Newcastle in 2007 for £134.4m, has put the club up for sale for a second time and apologised to fans for his "catastrophic" reign in charge of the club.

The American is thought to be willing to accept around £80m for the club as he looks for a quick sale.

And Shearer, who won just one of his eight games in charge of Newcastle last season, admitted he appreciated Ashley's decision to move on.

"I fully understand Mike Ashley's decision to sell the club as he feels it's now in the best interest of the club and the fans," said Shearer.

Mike's American? The BBC reporting at it's finest :D

Not read the whole thread, so apologies if this has already been said but, one of my first thoughts when reading this is that we are too cheap.

£80-£100mil opens the field to a whole new level of investor - which I think is bad (stick with me - it'll make sense).

For that kind of money, we could end up with a owner who can buy the club but cannot invest heavily, unlike a billionaire owner. Even if we do bounce back up (and that's a big fucking if) we could end up like Everton - no pot to piss in and bouncing around mid-table hoping to catch a lucky run. At least Everton have a good manager in Moyes.

Not read the whole thread, so apologies if this has already been said but, one of my first thoughts when reading this is that we are too cheap.

£80-£100mil opens the field to a whole new level of investor - which I think is bad (stick with me - it'll make sense).

For that kind of money, we could end up with a owner who can buy the club but cannot invest heavily, unlike a billionaire owner. Even if we do bounce back up (and that's a big fucking if) we could end up like Everton - no pot to piss in and bouncing around mid-table hoping to catch a lucky run. At least Everton have a good manager in Moyes.

paws, I'd disagree.

As long as the next owner can get rid of all stench Ashley the cunt has left behind, they'll get a pat on the back and a pint from me.

The Sun:

New Portsmouth owner Dr Sulaiman Al Fahim says he was interested in buying the Toon last year. But Ashley wanted £400m - a £160m profit on his £240m investment.

Al Fahim said: "I'd have paid £200m for Newcastle because it's a great club. But the guy wanted £400m. He's got to be kidding."

Six months on, Ashley is prepared to take just £100m.

:D