Lovenkrands

donaldstott

According to his agent he wants talks over a new deal if Shearer remains.

I'd be tempted to keep him, I think if he can stay fit he could score a lot of goals. Certainly he and Beckford would bring a lot of pace.

This is definitely more positive than the last statement. Maybe the phone hasn't been ringing too hot!!

Danish winger Peter Lovenkrands is set for talks about a possible stay at Newcastle.

The 29-year-old joined the Magpies on a six-month deal in the winter transfer window and was not expected to stay with the club following their relegation to the Championship.

The former Rangers star was thought to favour a move to a Premier League club but will now have talks about a possible stay at St James' Park, according to his agent Ivan Marko Benes.

Benes told Sporten.dk: "We have agreed with Newcastle that we will have a talk with them as soon as they know who will be the manager for the next season. For Peter, Newcastle has priority.

"We are waiting for Newcastle, but at the same time we know that Peter doesn't have a contract for the next season so we are looking at other options.

"But things are still not closed with Newcastle."

Lovenkrands moved to Tyneside on a free transfer following a disappointing start to the season with German side Schalke.

He scored three goals in the Magpies' bid to avoid the drop, including in the victories over West Brom and Middlesbrough.

Edited by donaldstott

I went to dig out the story and for the first time I had to look in the Championship section of the Skysports website. It wasn't a great moment. ;)

:D I've been like the guy who knows a big bill is coming out, but keeps checking his bank balance and enjoying the sight of a stack of cash just sitting there.. I now daren't look.

No transfer fee and hasn't been horrible. We'd be silly not to offer some sort of deal to keep him (as it's obvious that noone else has come knocking).

He is a bit of nancy like, is he really up the competitive hustle and bustle that is championship football?

Could be a very useful impact sub though.

He did well in the SPL didn't he? :icon_lol:

He is a bit of nancy like, is he really up the competitive hustle and bustle that is championship football?

Could be a very useful impact sub though.

He did well in the SPL didn't he? :icon_lol:

Not really, by the time he left he was thought to be on his way down. Complete ponce of a player who would rather shirk a challenge than win it for his team.

Nah - nailed his colours to the mast last week for me - nobody on the phone so the tune changes - i thought he was ok and had a couple of good moments but he has no desire or fight at all and this could be a good opportunity to rid us of this malaise and cowardice which runs through the squad