Time for fans to stop moaning

Christmas Tree

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fucking hell the attitude of "you have no right to question my knowledge" is one of the most arrogant things I've read anywhere. I think I'm pretty good at my job but I know there are people out there who know more and a shit load of them will be amateurs - what the fuck has employment got to do with it.

He still can't address:

Name any other club within a million miles of the top of football with a Barcelona type scheme.

Where would day to day finance and expertise come from

Does he stand by his claim that passion is only measured by financial involvement.

etc, etc.

I think he's leapfrogged Taylor, Woolnough, the fat tramp and the other fat cunt off the back page to be my most hated journalist - some doing.

What a cunt :scratchchin:

Mind, I think behind the arrogant veneer he must know you've absolutely slaughtered his article with points he can't respond to (since he hasn't).

Agree with most of this but AT LEAST he has replied to your email, not once but twice. Regardless of the content, well done to him for that. Would you even get a reply of a local hack.

If you commented on his blog you would.

His attitude holds no surprises, it was Barclay that called newcastle fans idiots on five live when Ashley went down the quayside that time and bought everyone in the pub a drink. He is pretty despicable and is certainly no better than any of those cunts like Woolnough and Samuel although i particularly dislike the way he has this false air of Edinburgh intellectual surrounding him when in fact he is a gutter press tosspot.

His attitude holds no surprises, it was Barclay that called newcastle fans idiots on five live when Ashley went down the quayside that time and bought everyone in the pub a drink. He is pretty despicable and is certainly no better than any of those cunts like Woolnough and Samuel although i particularly dislike the way he has this false air of Edinburgh intellectual surrounding him when in fact he is a gutter press tosspot.

The last bit in particular sums him up.

He's basically asking us to front the biggest fan take over in the history of football and in the same breath saying we don't deserve success if we don't.

Where are people saying we deserve success anyway?

It would be nice if the fans could own a stake in the club in principle but even that didn't work out when it was tried as they still effectively had little or no say. The idea of the fans buying the club outright, then providing money for investment to get out of the championship, then having to pay for STs etc. on top of that isn't realistic at all though, is it?

The chance of the fans buying out the club is remote - the chance of the fans buying out the club and it resulting in anything other than a catastrophic failure is incredibly remote!

Fucking hell he just becomes more of a cunt with every word her utters.

It's absolutely staggering that he's suggesting that in the current financial climate there are a couple of hundred thousand fans who are able to stump up nearly £400 each. Even if we do have two hundred thousand fans how many of them are children?

Add this the fact that no where does he address the problems that we would have continuing to finance the club at a basic level (let alone to a level of success which would cost north of a further £100m in player purchases let alone wages) if we were to buy the club.

This goes beyond just being a shit article from a wankpot jouralist it's so completely ridiculous it's staggering that it ever got printed.

And then he tries to defend himself by suggesting that unless we invest we can't love the club or be true fans. Fucking hell, which professional clubs thoughout the world are ran like this? Are Barca and Bilbao the only real fans in the word (along with Ashley, Abromovic Whelan etc who put their own money in so they must all just be true fans)?

It defies beleif that he can get this shite out there in first place but to then defend it as anything more than a tongue in cheek little effort just makes him look like he's got his own agenda.

Could he be on Ashely's payroll too beacuse it just sounds like someone throwing their toys out of the pram and saying well if you think it's so easy you do it.

Cunt!

His responses are classic, show all the traits of somone who has been handed their arse on a plate but wont accept it.

The immaturity in the response is staggering too, doesnt address the calculations or the criticism of his assumptions and just claims superiority in his argument because he gets paid to write for a national.

It would be funny if it wasnt so unjust.

His responses are classic, show all the traits of somone who has been handed their arse on a plate but wont accept it.

The immaturity in the response is staggering too, doesnt address the calculations or the criticism of his assumptions and just claims superiority in his argument because he gets paid to write for a national.

It would be funny if it wasnt so unjust.

Spot on.

Pud, email him back and give him a link to this thread. You don't need to register to access this site and I guarantee with his obvious massive ego his curiousity will be piqued. Other than that he's not worth bothering with.

If I ever read anything written by someone who writes, a writer that is, I don't know about you, but I always assume, nay believe that because they, a writer, are writing, with words 'n that, about a subject then they simply must be indefatigably right.

I can't believe the arrogance of people on here to think that just because they, too, can write, like a writer, but aren't actually writers themselves, gives them cause to believe they can be more right than a writer.

To be clear then, what a fucking bellend that writer is, but who am I to write that?

If I ever read anything written by someone who writes, a writer that is, I don't know about you, but I always assume, nay believe that because they, a writer, are writing, with words 'n that, about a subject then they simply must be indefatigably right.

I can't believe the arrogance of people on here to think that just because they, too, can write, like a writer, but aren't actually writers themselves, gives them cause to believe they can be more right than a writer.

To be clear then, what a fucking bellend that writer is, but who am I to write that?

His articulate wordsmithery has clearly proven too complex for grunts like you or I.

Nice accusation for him to level at his readership like. His editor should probably be told what he thinks of the people paying his wages.

It's unbelievable tttt. Like saying you can't bring it up if a McDonalds 1 star worker spits in your burger...because they're professional cooks and therefore know what tastes best.

Someone who is better informed about NUFC than Patrick Barclay.

I heard Simon Bird on the radio the other morning. The more I hear from him the more I think he talks sense. Commented that it was a sad state of affairs and that the current managment had 'stopped turning the cogs and given up.'

But then he's better informed than Barclay because he's a local reporter for a national rather than a general one. Also reckon it's why Kinnear called him a cunt - got too close to the truth for Ashley's liking.

I'd also add that why doesn't he address this at Liverpool or Pompey fans - or are we the only ones who are deluded or moan?

He was suggesting that Southampton do it a while ago....

When Mariana Le Saux decided to throw a surprise party for her husband, Graeme, on the evening of his retirement, due to be signalled by the final whistle of Southampton’s concluding fixture of the 2004-05 season, she could not have been expected to foresee that it would also be a wake for the club’s Premier League status. But the players drowned their sorrows manfully and the occasion, helped along by a bravely cheerful speech from Le Saux, proved a pleasant one.

There was no hint of the plight into which Southampton would be cast a mere four years later. True, Rupert Lowe was an unpopular chairman. But St Mary’s was a comfortable new stadium, the youth-development system was exemplary (Theo Walcott was among those emerging) and, while crowds would fall, so would wages; Le Saux’s guests were contemplating a 50 per cent reduction.

But, to give you a sense of how long four years can be in football, Southampton’s manager in the final months of that season was Harry Redknapp. And now they are staring at humiliation.

Last week, after going into administration, the club were docked ten points by the Football League, but in an imaginative way that means that the disadvantage will be carried over to next season, which they will spend in Coca-Cola League One because of the further relegation confirmed on Saturday.

It is an unattractive prospect for potential investors and, should the two groups looking at the books be deterred, so vulnerable will Southampton’s remaining human resources be to plunder that a continuing slide towards near-oblivion on the Aldershot model — they eventually returned to the League as Aldershot Town, but after much pain — cannot be regarded as entirely fanciful.

The sad reflection is that Southampton might have been saved 17 months ago had Lowe and his fellow directors, Michael Wilde and Leon Crouch, accepted a takeover bid from a group led by Ray Ranson, the former Manchester City player now in charge at Coventry City and looking forward to another season in the Championship.

Ranson’s offer, which came at an opportune time — the bank had warned Southampton not to try to extend a £5 million overdraft — would have brought Lowe some £700,000 for his shares, but people involved in the negotiations became disillusioned with all three men. Each seemed to want to be in control and eventually Ranson and colleagues walked away with the £12 million they had intended to put into Southampton.

What could have been done by the League or anyone else to halt the club’s decline? No fit-and-proper-person test would have identified a problem — it can hardly be based on instinct, despite Lawrie McMenemy’s icy verdict on Lowe that he had, in his time, seen “the best and the worst of what a public-school education can do for you” — while Wilde and Crouch had hearts in the right place to the extent that their affection for Southampton FC was undoubted.

In football, though, the arrogance of power corrupts judgment. Instance after instance cries out for a more democratic club structure. When large numbers of supporters are willing to invest the necessary time and money, they will be less likely to suffer such shocks.

Strange for him to question the arrogance else of anyone like.

He comes across as an ill-informed dullard with no grasp on reality. Launch a fan takeover? Maybe in the world of a Times columnist there isn't a recession going on but for the rest of the world, in particularly the North East, there is.

His responses to Pud are ridiculous too. He's made no attempt to answer the questions posed to him and generally acted like a holier than thou arsehole.

Give me George Caulkin any day of the week over than baldy tosser.

Brace yourselves folks, hes replied to my latest on this morning (and hes been on here!)

Heres what I replied back with this morning following last nights little gem. :scratchchin:

Patrick,

Are you seriously saying that you don't think my reply was sensible? You may not agree with it, fair enough but please feel free to show me any stat to prove I'm wrong. I've provided you with facts to back up my argument please feel free to do the same back.

I ask you again, one simple question.

Where do you expect to find 200,000 Newcastle fans who will pay £375 when Barcelona can only manage 150,000 paying a third of that?

As for the phrase "representative of an age in which the reader thinks he knows as much as the writer", well Patrick it would appear that is the case. Thanks to the wonder of Internet we are now in an age where readers have more of an insight into the real world than some journalist sitting at a desk desperately trying to think of something clever to write.

For the record, I have no problem with the sentiment of your article, we all would love it if the club was in the fans hands however a sense of reality drags most of us back into the real world.

As for supporter numbers, even the great Manchester United have only managed to get 34,000 people to join their trust, Liverpool just under 40,000 (both highly respectable figures I may add). In both cases, the membership at this stage is free, what percentage of those do you think would be both willing and able to then fork out £375 to buy their club?

If Liverpool and Manchester United combined can't manage 40% of the numbers you propose then how do you think a Championship club can do it?

As for the statement that "all other replies were sensible" I can only assume that translated means "all other replies agreed with Patrick".

In all of this, you still haven't thought about how the club is financed after the sale or how the debts would be paid or how we could fund transfers or how any one of a thousand finance related problems could be resolved.

Rather than gauge the level of support from your bulging inbox how about you give Radio 5 live a call and ask to appear on one of their regular football phone ins to discuss this. I for one would be more than ready to call in and debate the issue, lets see then just how many people agree it can be done.

Or to see how Newcastle fans react to your comments then please feel free to visit > http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?showtopic=24667 you could even sign up and debate it with us. I'll apologise in advance for the language though, being told we aren't passionate or love our club because we wont raise £75million ourselves doesn't really go down well.

Peter

And he came, he saw, he spat his dummy. :razz: :razz:

I'm amazed. You've even included a couple of comments from people who have read my article carefully and understood that it's anything but anti-Newcastle. Anyway, I've wasted enough time on you and your insults. Let's leave it there. If you and your ilk want to spend your time just moaning and waiting like whores for the next rich man to come along, fine. As long as you stop pretending the club is yours - it's no more yours than Tesco unless you take responsibility for running it as millions of fans of other clubs do. Oh, and you can tell your mate who asks where MY cheque for 375 quid is that it's where my mouth is. Right here. As soon as you lot stop coming up with pathetic excuses about the money having to come out of their children's mouths blah blah and put it on the table, mine will be there too.