Wimbledon

smoggeordie

hang on, are you telling Dan Maskell to fuck off, or calling me Dan Maskell and teling me to fuck off?

The latter :)

ah.

(He has more hair than me and he's like a hundred years old. :rolleyes:)

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hang on, are you telling Dan Maskell to fuck off, or calling me Dan Maskell and teling me to fuck off?

The latter :)

ah.

(He has more hair than me and he's like a hundred years old. :rolleyes:)

Well, he was the voice of tennis and an expert on the game so it was satire really :aye:

Dulco's fitter anyway.

She's not is she? Really?

Nicer bod imo, good looking lass as well. Worth watching the highlights anyway.

Dulco's fitter anyway.

She's not is she? Really?

Nicer bod imo, good looking lass as well. Worth watching the highlights anyway.

Not as noisy either.

Assuming Murray doesn't throw this away, 2-1 up, its crunch time now. Quarter Finals. Only the best are left. Then the semi. Can he go further than Henman did.

Edited by LeazesMag

Tbf the kid Murray was playing is class and playing (and serving in particular) out of his skin and Murray still found a way to win. Looking forward to him playing Ferrero who is a player I've always liked but is a bit past his sell-by date.

Tbf the kid Murray was playing is class and playing (and serving in particular) out of his skin and Murray still found a way to win. Looking forward to him playing Ferrero who is a player I've always liked but is a bit past his sell-by date.

:o

I like Murray, he comes across as a bit of a shit who will win at all costs. Which is what you want, not someone who indulges in glorious failure [/Henman]. Who would he play in the semis? He must have a good chance of getting to the final now, where Federer will take him up the arse in front of millions and dash British hopes yet again.

I like Murray, he comes across as a bit of a shit who will win at all costs. Which is what you want, not someone who indulges in glorious failure [/Henman]. Who would he play in the semis? He must have a good chance of getting to the final now, where Federer will take him up the arse in front of millions and dash British hopes yet again.

I think he plays the winner of Hewitt / Roddick if he beats Ferrero (which he should).

I think he plays the winner of Hewitt / Roddick if he beats Ferrero (which he should).

Please God not a loss to Hewitt. Even the Aussies don't like the annoying little twat :o

Think they said last night on the BBC that Murrays beaten everyone thats left in the draw so you never know. still stickin with my prediction of SF's

Edited by AvatarAxeman

Really good 5 set battle from both players and i think Murray will probably get all the way to the final, but beating a fired up Federer at Wimbledon is going to be a hell of a challenge.

Murray just needs more first serves in, he doesn't really have a weakness in his game other than his second serve not being the strongest, so when his first serve percentage is up where it should be he can match pretty much anyone. And i don't think i've seen many better players at hitting shots on the run.

Really good 5 set battle from both players and i think Murray will probably get all the way to the final, but beating a fired up Federer at Wimbledon is going to be a hell of a challenge.

Murray just needs more first serves in, he doesn't really have a weakness in his game other than his second serve not being the strongest, so when his first serve percentage is up where it should be he can match pretty much anyone. And i don't think i've seen many better players at hitting shots on the run.

His first serve wasn't too poor after the first set yesterday. As for his second serve it's slow but he still manages to get some kick on it.

Despite the way Federer has been playing his half of the draw doesn't look too good all of a sudden. Soderling did a good job yesterday of keeping him honest and I reckon he could get ran close by Karlovic who is a machine at the minute.

Is it just me who thinks aces are terribly dull? I don't understand why the crowd gets so worked up about a decent ace, I mean surely there's something fundamentally flawed about a sport where you can win a point on a 40-shot rally then immediately lose the advantage just because your opponent can serve quickly. Then again, I suppose a scrappy goal from two yards out is worth the same as a Messi dribblefest.

Last night was the first bit of this Wimbledon that I've really bothered with, and it was quality sporting drama. Hope goes on to win, but I suspect Federer will dust him off in the final should he get there.

Guest Stevie
How Testa Mora doing btw? Anyone know?

Nick will know, he used to knock about with her sometimes but he's in the Orkneys just now. I remember when she won a fair bit of money betting on that lass that looks like a bloke to win some tournament.

Does she not get on Newfans Online still?

Edited by Stevie

How Testa Mora doing btw? Anyone know?

Nick will know, he used to knock about with her sometimes but he's in the Orkneys just now. I remember when she won a fair bit of money betting on that lass that looks like a bloke to win some tournament.

I just know she detests Murray and loves Nadal. I don't actually care how she is :o