Michael Jackson

Angelus71

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just in case this hasn't been posted:

When Farrah Fawcet got to heaven she was met at the pearly gates by Peter, who granted her one last request.

"I just want all the children in the world to be safe" she said.

I can't get my head around the sudden record sales which I noticed on the HMV site - surely anyone who likes his music would already own Thriller, Bad etc and likewise people like me aren't suddenly going to think it's good so who's buying albums now?

More likely people who have liked it, but no longer have it? Or had it on vinyl and now want it on CD or whatever?

I can't get my head around the sudden record sales which I noticed on the HMV site - surely anyone who likes his music would already own Thriller, Bad etc and likewise people like me aren't suddenly going to think it's good so who's buying albums now?

That's exactly what I said over on N-O. I said I have knocked out a few of my favourite tunes as of late as I have all of his back catalogue. But I can't get my head around the sudden sales either.

I can't get my head around his previous sales. :o

Jackson hadn't done anything in years had he? A lot of kids will have just become familiar with his work after his death. Plus casual fans will be motivated to get round to buying some of his back catalogue, I don't think the sales will reflect existing hardcore fans. Sony must be happy regardless.

One tasteless thing I saw the other day - some press conference with his Dad where he plugged the record company he'd (his Dad) set up - I don't know the full story of Michael's supposedly miserable childhood but his Dad looked like slime based on what I saw.

One tasteless thing I saw the other day - some press conference with his Dad where he plugged the record company he'd (his Dad) set up - I don't know the full story of Michael's supposedly miserable childhood but his Dad looked like slime based on what I saw.

Not sure this is true like as it is from Wikipedia but..

"One night while Michael was asleep, Joseph climbed into his room through the bedroom window. Wearing a fright mask, he entered the room screaming and shouting. Joseph said he wanted to teach his children not to leave the window open when they went to sleep. For years afterward, Michael suffered nightmares about being kidnapped from his bedroom."

:o