Michael Jackson

Angelus71

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All these people saying "Well yes Michael slept with kids, but he was a great singer" make me sick. You don't see them talking about how good a caretaker Ian Huntley was!

Every channel is full of Jackson.

People seem to have forgotten the lunatic and remembered the musician.

I can't say I'm bothered how they remember him but it may as well include some bass lines.

I saw Landon Donovan fielding a question on Jackson at a USA press conference ahead of the final they have against Brazil. I wish he had just told him he could give a toss, and was concentrating on his job, but he was far more polite and answered the question. I'd rather have the politicians saying nowt either. It's not like they have enough to deal with, like the economic shitpile, Iran etc. He was a phenomenon in the 1980's but so was Maikail Gorbachev, the A Team and Alain Prost.

I saw Landon Donovan fielding a question on Jackson at a USA press conference ahead of the final they have against Brazil. I wish he had just told him he could give a toss, and was concentrating on his job, but he was far more polite and answered the question. I'd rather have the politicians saying nowt either. It's not like they have enough to deal with, like the economic shitpile, Iran etc. He was a phenomenon in the 1980's but so was Maikail Gorbachev, the A Team and Alain Prost.

couldn't [/alex] - just because they get confused over how to pronounce aluminium, chassis, buoy, anything that starts with an I, utterly refuse to acknowledge the concept of a rout (even going so far as to try and hide it altogether with route) and in some cases how much melatonin they have in their skin is no reason to pander to them. :lol:

couldn't [/alex] - just because they get confused over how to pronounce aluminium, chassis, buoy, anything that starts with an I, utterly refuse to acknowledge the concept of a rout (even going so far as to try and hide it altogether with route) and in some cases how much melatonin they have in their skin is no reason to pander to them. :lol:

Strictly speaking, their pronunciation of aluminium is correct as the material extracted from bauxite to make it is called alumina.

Strictly speaking, their pronunciation of aluminium is correct as the material extracted from bauxite to make it is called alumina.

But the IUPAC standard is that metals should have an "ium" on the end to indicate the positive ions they produce - obviously some very basic metals were named before the standards.

Having said that I have also read that yanks originally discovered/named it with an "um" at the end.

Edited by NJS

Lennon was incredibly special all round and Jackson shouldn't really be mentioned in the same sentence.

John Lennon released some absolute gash like

He did indeed. I think the difference between the two is outlined by Renton though in that you got the feeling there was no way Jackson would ever do anything decent ever again (plenty evidence to back that up as well).

He died 10 years earlier than Wacko though...most people would agree that your forties on isn't really going to be peak of anyone's pop powers.

Some artists buck the trend. Van Morrison, Tom Waits to name two.

Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker, Leadbelly, BB.King, Lightnin' Hopkins, Johnny Cash and a few more all peaked very late.

I don't think many of those had an international number one BEFORE they were forty, let alone after.

Either way, it's not even about quality which is subjective, it's about transcending music. It might be that you don't like Michael Jackson. But he's been the most prominent pop culture icon for 30 year, whatever his output.

At his peak he was an unstoppable force no doubts.

Diddy: Michael Jackson showed me that you can actually see the beat. He made the music come to life!! He made me believe in magic. I will miss him!

Samantha Ronson: His music is just as relevant now as it was the day they pressed record, I'm sure it will remain so for generations to come.R.I.P.Mr Jackson.

Dane Cook: I'm dedicating my show 2night to Michael Jackson. THRILLER got me laid. Well... At least thats what I told my friends.

Heidi Montag: the world has suffered a GREAT loss today Michael Jackson my thoughts and prayers are with his family, friends, and fans God bless.

Ice T: Rest In Peace Mike. People can say what they want but you were 100% original. WE will always love , miss & remember your GREATNESS.

John Mayer: Dazed in the studio. A major strand of our cultural DNA has left us. RIP MJ. I think we'll mourn his loss as well as the loss of ourselves as children listening to Thriller on the record player.

Ashley Tisdale: So sad. Saying a prayer for Michael Jackson.

Miley Cyrus: michael jackson was my inspiration. love and blessings

Ludacris: If it were not for Micheal Jackson I would not be where or who I am today.His Music and Legacy will live on Forever.Prayers to the famR.I.P.

MC Hammer: I have no words.. I loved Michael Jackson.. RIP..

Kelly Rowland: Michael you left such a legacy on this earth, have touched SO MANY!!! We thank you for such a driving inspiration in music & our lives!! This has got to be one of the saddest days in music history!! Michael Rest In Peace! WE miss you!

Star Jones: Death comes to all. But great achievements build a monument." He IS and WAS the greatest entertainer of all times...Peace to you brother.

Jordan Chandler: Ow my arse.

Lennon was incredibly special all round and Jackson shouldn't really be mentioned in the same sentence.

He did indeed. I think the difference between the two is outlined by Renton though in that you got the feeling there was no way Jackson would ever do anything decent ever again (plenty evidence to back that up as well).

He died 10 years earlier than Wacko though...most people would agree that your forties on isn't really going to be peak of anyone's pop powers.

Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker, Leadbelly, BB.King, Lightnin' Hopkins, Johnny Cash and a few more all peaked very late.

I don't think many of those had an international number one BEFORE they were forty, let alone after.

Either way, it's not even about quality which is subjective, it's about transcending music. It might be that you don't like Michael Jackson. But he's been the most prominent pop culture icon for 30 year, whatever his output.

Diddy: Michael Jackson showed me that you can actually see the beat. He made the music come to life!! He made me believe in magic. I will miss him!

Samantha Ronson: His music is just as relevant now as it was the day they pressed record, I'm sure it will remain so for generations to come.R.I.P.Mr Jackson.

Dane Cook: I'm dedicating my show 2night to Michael Jackson. THRILLER got me laid. Well... At least thats what I told my friends.

Heidi Montag: the world has suffered a GREAT loss today Michael Jackson my thoughts and prayers are with his family, friends, and fans God bless.

Ice T: Rest In Peace Mike. People can say what they want but you were 100% original. WE will always love , miss & remember your GREATNESS.

John Mayer: Dazed in the studio. A major strand of our cultural DNA has left us. RIP MJ. I think we'll mourn his loss as well as the loss of ourselves as children listening to Thriller on the record player.

Ludacris: If it were not for Micheal Jackson I would not be where or who I am today.His Music and Legacy will live on Forever.Prayers to the famR.I.P.

Kelly Rowland: Michael you left such a legacy on this earth, have touched SO MANY!!! We thank you for such a driving inspiration in music & our lives!! This has got to be one of the saddest days in music history!! Michael Rest In Peace! WE miss you!

Star Jones: Death comes to all. But great achievements build a monument." He IS and WAS the greatest entertainer of all times...Peace to you brother.

:lol: Shaddup and drink my Jesus Juice. Shamone!

Have you heard McDonalds are introducing a commemorative burger in memory of Jacko?

50 year old meat between 5 year old buns.

I got told this one yesterday...

''Michael Jacksons secret girlfriend has issued a statement regarding his death, ''I just can't take any more first I lose my parents in Portugal, now this!!''

Nasty.