Michael Jackson

Angelus71

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a fucking funny life he must have had. No life at all in many ways. RIP.

:lol:

His dad was a monster by all accounts and it seems his family life consisted mainly of performing and honing skills from a very early age. For me despite all that something shone through it all.

Just goes to show you can be so unhappy despite having massive fortune and fame.

Admittedly the fame receeded and fortune passed him by a few years back. Suggestion is he was $400m in debt.

Just goes to show you can be so unhappy despite having massive fortune and fame.

Admittedly the fame receeded and fortune passed him by a few years back. Suggestion is he was $400m in debt.

I dont think his fame ever receeded, though it was admittedly for his weird behaviour and not his music.

Strange feeling as I watched the news at work last night when they showed him being moved from the helicopter into the ambulance to take him to the coroners. I thought it was odd he was wrapped in white sheeting/blankets? instead of the usual dark coloured body bag, I had a wild idea it was all staged :lol:

Of course it's staged!

50 nights concert money in advance for concerts nobody thought he could do!

He's got the cash and he will be in hiding with Elvis and Tupac.

Of course it's staged!

50 nights concert money in advance for concerts nobody thought he could do!

He's got the cash and he will be in hiding with Elvis and Tupac.

I vant to be alone

I think it's fairly obvious his comeback tour was all about his debts. Hopefully it wasn't the stress of that that finished him off.

I think it's fairly obvious his comeback tour was all about his debts. Hopefully it wasn't the stress of that that finished him off.

Likely was though. Apparently they cancelled tours was because of ill health and also his insistence on further practice of the show. I reckon a mix of over work and stress. Prob needed to do another tour as you say to pay off his debts.

Live by the sword and all that...

The media frenzy is fucking ridiculous FWIW. I wonder if there'll be this much hype when Gary Glitter carks it?

How is it ridiculous? One of the greatest selling artists of all time. Normal I'd say.

I suppose to a degree people contribute to that. They wouldn't broadcast it if nobody was listening.

I mean, when have we ever had a 9 page death thread?

Even if you've never bought an album or been to a show of his, you can't argue with staggering way one man has penetrated the group conscience. He must be up with the Queen with "most recognisable face". Even if it is built of interlocking parts.

Why Hypocritical alex?

Edited by The Fish

Not necessarily hypocritical.

Goody was a useless mong, Jackson was a mentalist/Nonce but at the same time he entertained a lot of people and contributed a massive amount to popular culture.

Yeah Id say Jade Goody was ridiculous, not Michael Jackson.

Goody was a media invention, on the other hand Jacko invented the pop video, some legendary work. First black artist to get rotation on daytime MTV iirc.

What a fucking funny life he must have had. No life at all in many ways. RIP.

:lol:

His dad was a monster by all accounts and it seems his family life consisted mainly of performing and honing skills from a very early age. For me despite all that something shone through it all.

That was probably his reconstructed nose

Working from home today and the inevitable comparisons with Lennon, Elvis, and even Dianna are being made on the radio. The last one is telling for me because surely over the last 20 years of his life he was more famous for his bizarre behaviour than for anything he did musically. Can anyone on here really say they liked his latter music?

Had a few more from the guys at work:

Latest reports are suggesting that he choked on a small bone...

McDonald's is bringing out a new "Michael Jackson Burger" to commemorate the stars death. 50 year old meat inside 5 year old buns.

Whats the difference between Michael Jackson and Sir Alex Ferguson? - Alex Ferguson will still be playing Giggs in August.

What's the difference between Newcastle United & Michael Jackson?

Nothing. They're both black & white and going under

Not necessarily hypocritical.

Goody was a useless mong, Jackson was a mentalist/Nonce but at the same time he entertained a lot of people and contributed a massive amount to popular culture.

I just meant all of a sudden there's all this celebration of him as an artist (which is nice I suppose) but the media has only really been interested in his crazy personal life (which is understandable) for the last however many years. I.e. it's taken his death for them to give him a fairer appraisal (shades of Diana).

Working from home today and the inevitable comparisons with Lennon, Elvis, and even Dianna are being made on the radio. The last one is telling for me because surely over the last 20 years of his life he was more famous for his bizarre behaviour than for anything he did musically. Can anyone on here really say they liked his latter music?

Not sure why people have a preoccupation with the musical cannon. Any artist can only really deliver 2/3 great albums and he did that with ease.

Goody was a media invention, on the other hand Jacko invented the pop video, some legendary work. First black artist to get rotation on daytime MTV iirc.

He invented the excessively expensive pop video to prop up a mediocre song maybe. What does 'rotation on daytime MTV ' mean, is that a significant achievement? And what work do you regard as legendary?

He invented the excessively expensive pop video to prop up a mediocre song maybe. What does 'rotation on daytime MTV ' mean, is that a significant achievement? And what work do you regard as legendary?

Fcuk off you clueless gimp.