New owners will be unveiled this week

Christmas Tree

What was their take on it?

Said it was the Malaysian consortium, 2nd visit in the last 7 days, again looking round the training ground, facilities etc, accompanied by Llambias. Also said that the man bankrolling the consortium (Krishnan hopefully??) was present, which hopefully means it's starting to pick up pace...

Cheers :lol:

+

Krishnan :razz:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What was their take on it?

Said it was the Malaysian consortium, 2nd visit in the last 7 days, again looking round the training ground, facilities etc, accompanied by Llambias. Also said that the man bankrolling the consortium (Krishnan hopefully??) was present, which hopefully means it's starting to pick up pace...

Sounds interesting. I'm assuming he wasn't present the last time so his blokes must have told him good things and he wants to scope it out himself.

I'm getting more and more convinced it is Krishnan. The lack of a denial fits in nicely with the confidentiality agreement plus the Malaysian press and government are talking it up.

Can but hope I guess :lol:

REPORT: MALAYSIANS VISIT AGAIN

Posted 07/07/09 19:00EmailPrintSave

The Malaysian consortium bidding to take over Newcastle tonight paid a second flying visit to Tyneside.

Press Association Sport understands that the would-be buyers, who first toured St James' Park and the club's training ground last Thursday, returned on Tuesday night, this time accompanied by the man said to be number two to the prime investor.

The party, once again hosted by managing director Derek Llambias, was given a second tour after arriving in the north-east by private helicopter at around 5pm, and then left some 90 minutes later.

Their presence on Tyneside suggests Mike Ashley's bid to sell the club is finally reaching a climax with the main contenders racing to sign the sales purchase agreement which would effectively clinch a takeover.

Llambias revealed on Monday that "more than two" of the interested parties had met owner Mike Ashley's asking price of £100million, and sources close to the deal are confident that a conclusion could be reached within days.

That simply cannot come soon enough, either for Ashley or for the club he leaves behind with the start of the new season barely four weeks away.

Little is known about the potential purchasers, who have all had to sign non-disclosure agreements, although the Singapore-based Profitable Group, an American consortium and former chairman Freddy Shepherd are thought to be among those who have also entered into discussions with investment bank Seymour Pierce, which has been appointed to handle the sale.

It is thought several of them are keen to hand Alan Shearer the manager's job, although the intentions of the Malaysians remain unclear.

Source: http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8...5419354,00.html

might be of sum intrest from nufc.c-m

Sky hopes:

Come on you blades

Our man in the bushes reported helicopter activity in the Benton area today (Tuesday) with a chopper landing at Darsley Park - also spotted by others at the city heliport on the banks of the Tyne.

Following the guided tour of training facilities given to claimed representatives of a Malaysian bidder last week, exactly the same thing looks to be happening again.

:lol:

Done deal according to Wikipedia :lol:

Recently he has been linked with a buyout of Championship club Newcastle Unitedand that deal has been agreed. Krishnan has been quoted saying that he hopes that Newcastle United are returned to the top-flight and then challenge for all major trophys. Malaysian Youth and Sports minister Datuk Ahmad Shabery Cheek hailed the potential bid "a huge transaction" for Malaysia, adding: "It’s not impossible, and It's a very good deal for Ananda. I hope it can have a big impact on the development of Malaysian football.

one thing's for sure, ashley will do what's best for ashley. The implication the buyers are being vetted to see who's most suitable for the club is hilarious.

Exactly, I'm sure no one would be surprised if he went for the more shit option for the club if they offered £10 more than the rich one, as it would make him look better than if we did well next season

Assley will take whomever offers the most (although not necessarily in outright asking price if all the debt issues are correct - "no debt" :razz::lol: )

Bad news lads n lasses :lol:

Source: The malaysian Insider

KUALA LUMPUR, July 8 — Reclusive media and telecoms tycoon T. Ananda Krishnan today denied any interest in buying Newcastle United, the English club that was relegated from the Premier League and is on sale for £100 million (RM576 million).

His privately-held Usaha Tegas Sdn Bhd said in a statement that the tycoon has denied stories that he is interested in the football club.

“There is in fact no truth or foundation to this story. Mr Ananda Krishnan has not expressed an interest in purchasing Newcastle United Football Club, has not sent any delegation to Newcastle to engage in such talks or authorised any representatives to negotiate on his behalf and is not considering any such purchase,” the statement said./quote]

Was just a matter of time I guess. :lol:

Oh well look on the bright side, we erm, umm, mike... no, erm, we should hear somethi... no, ummm, hold on give me a minute...

Shit.

Edited by JUICE690

I just read some lad on Skunkers reckons the Malaysians have now pulled out and the Americans have moved into pole position - though they have considerably less money.

... the dream was always too good to be true and we're never going to be lucky enough to get a new owner capable of pouring cash in to us :lol:

I just read some lad on Skunkers reckons the Malaysians have now pulled out and the Americans have moved into pole position - though they have considerably less money.

... the dream was always too good to be true and we're never going to be lucky enough to get a new owner capable of pouring cash in to us :lol:

White text saying it's bollocks.

Guest alex

Doesn't it say a lot about football though that a foreign sugar daddy is the only hope of success these days?

Doesn't it say a lot about football though that a foreign sugar daddy is the only hope of success these days?

Agreed, football as it was is dead.

My lad and a couple of his mates have decided they're going to watch non-league next season, costs bugger all, you can take your pint to where you're standing and the players actually try.

Thank you very much Mr Murdoch, eh? :lol:

Agreed, football as it was is dead.

My lad and a couple of his mates have decided they're going to watch non-league next season, costs bugger all, you can take your pint to where you're standing and the players actually try.

Get yourself along to see the Spartans. You can keep dry on all 4 sides of the ground now :lol:

StandPic2.jpg