Vegetable Growing

Christmas Tree

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disaster today in the polytunnel :(

Went to Homebase to by some top soil and compost.

Came home with top soil and farmyard manure!

Put the soil in first followed by the manure. Oh my dear god. It stunk out the street.

I honestly thought I was in danger of being overcome.

A scarfe tied around my mouth and nose I somehow managed to go back in and take it even. I then had to rush to homebase for another 8 bags of soil to "bury it".

I then had to wash out the car, shower, cut my already short fingernails and use soap and both index fingers to wash out my nose.

I can still smell it. (Luckily the soil has masked the smell outside).

Beware!!!!

ebedudun.jpg

Did the fact that it said 'Farmyard Manure' and not 'Compost' on the bag not give you a clue that it was the wrong thing?

I swear you're Boldon's equivalent of Frank Spencer..

Did the fact that it said 'Farmyard Manure' and not 'Compost' on the bag not give you a clue that it was the wrong thing?

I swear you're Boldon's equivalent of Frank Spencer..

I presumed it would be proper quality stuff and would have had the animal shit smell removed. I'm considering adding my view to their product review section to warn others.

I presumed it would be proper quality stuff and would have had the animal shit smell removed. I'm considering adding my view to their product review section to warn others.

Dear Asda

Imagine my outrage upon opening your clearly labelled " Farmyard Manure" to discover that it smelt of farmyard manure!

What next?

Baked Beans in the Tinned Breakfast??"