Vegetable Growing

Christmas Tree

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two tubs of Maris Pipers set away as well.

Also think I'm going to have to give up my chicken dream :(

Gardens just to small.

Would anyone on here complain if their neighbour kept a few chickens? ( hens not cocks).

And would the odd farty smell bother you?

Two tubs of Maris Pipers set away as well.

Also think I'm going to have to give up my chicken dream :(

Gardens just to small.

Would anyone on here complain if their neighbour kept a few chickens? ( hens not cocks).

And would the odd farty smell bother you?

Are we talking about your breath here, CT? I think listerine might help? :unsure2:

Funny enough, heard a tale the other day about a workmate drinking what he thought was homebrew bottle of bitter but turned out was actually some sort of manure fertiliser. Says he'd never been as sick in his life and used the remainder of the bottle in his garden which stunk the place out for a week or two. And he drank some. :lol:

Is your garden big enough for chickens? You need to let these things have a bit of an area to roam in, you know. You can't just jam them into a cage and wait for them to shit your breakfast out.

If he does the land grab he keeps banging on about, ( remember , that land over the fence where he dumps all his shit and abandoned projects), he'll be able to plan a great chicken run.

I say plan, as that's as far as it'll get :D

Is your garden big enough for chickens? You need to let these things have a bit of an area to roam in, you know. You can't just jam them into a cage and wait for them to shit your breakfast out.

They don't need loads of room actually. Most households used to keep chickens at one time and there is a very big growth in people doing it again.

You keep them in this sort of thing and them let them out when you are around. (Otherwise foxy will have them).

So rooms not thee issue, possible bad smells drifting over the fence is. If there was a way to guarantee no smells then I would not be hesitating.

If he does the land grab he keeps banging on about, ( remember , that land over the fence where he dumps all his shit and abandoned projects), he'll be able to plan a great chicken run.

I say plan, as that's as far as it'll get :D

:lol:

Aye it's looking like land grab or no chickens.

They shouldn't smell any worse than rabbits or guinea pigs really.

That's not true, it's okay if they have plenty of space to run around in because, then they spread the shit everywhere.

I don't understand why you seem to think chickens smell so much, they're chickens ffs! :lol:

Because I had a brief dabble with some on an allotment a few years ago and when their run got wet it very quickly became a festering bog.

The hope is that a smaller weatherproof run would stay dryer and be stink free.

That's not true, it's okay if they have plenty of space to run around in because, then they spread the shit everywhere.

I'm sure it is, but lots of people keep chickens who don't have loads of space for them to run around constantly.

You're worried about the smell of chickens when you've just poisoned your neighbourhood with manure-that-they-didn't-take-the-smell-out-of? :lol:

I'm sure it is, but lots of people keep chickens who don't have loads of space for them to run around constantly.

Well they shouldn't have chickens in the first place. They are bird that do better foraging and are happier.

Edited by Ausman

seance_1__large.jpg

"Is there anybody there? Speak to us!"

zig7.jpg

"This is CT's budgie, or should I say former Budgie. He bought me, got sick of me after a week and got rid. Someone save the chickens from my fate! I'm under his patio and I can't even rest in peace as the daft fucker thought his manure wouldn't smell. P.S. Tell Mrs Budgie the money's in the biscuit tin."

:lol: Absolute bollocks that chickens shouldn't have room to roam btw. Just cos some people don't give them that, doesn't mean it's right.

Budgie. Fish. Chickens. CT seems to have a bit of a thing for keeping animals in inadequate captivity.

seance_1__large.jpg

"Is there anybody there? Speak to us!"

zig7.jpg

"This is CT's budgie, or should I say former Budgie. He bought me, got sick of me after a week and got rid. Someone save the chickens from my fate! I'm under his patio and I can't even rest in peace as the daft fucker thought his manure wouldn't smell. P.S. Tell Mrs Budgie the money's in the biscuit tin."

:lol: :lol: