Your six favourite series

Toonraider

1. The West Wing (by a good few miles)

2. The Simpsons (first 10-12 seasons. I can barely watch the newer ones)

3. Sex and the City

4. Friends

5. Entourage

The Wire, Sopranos, South Park, Grey's Anatomy, Peep Show, The Office and so many more could easily have sneaked into the five though.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like most of the popular ones have been mentioned but I didn't see Oz. This was a fucking great series definitely a top six.

Why did C4 fuck around with the programming of it so much?

Cracking show mind.

Cracking show mind.

Don't get me started on the levels of fuckwittery at channel 4 on programming - they completely messed up Babylon 5 first time around - not showing it for weeks, sometimes out of order and then showed the final 5 eps of a meticulously plotted arc which had been building for 5 years at 9:30am as part of "the bigger breakfast" one xmas holidays - complete with the bigger breakfast logo on the screen and moronic voiceovers around all the ad breaks. I honestly came the closest I ever have to contemplating murder which says something as I harbour a lot of dark thoughts as a rule.

Another shout out goes to Andi Peters who some fuckwit gave a job to at channel 4 and he proceeded to buy Angel and thinking it was just like Buffy scheduled it a 6pm hacked to ribbons.

Cunts the lot of them.

PS I forgot how much they messed around with The West Wing as well showing they haven't improved.

Edited by NJS

It's a bit sad seeing stuff like the A-Team and The Dukes of Hazzard on Dave or whatever and realising they were actually gash. Knightrider is still watchable in all its camp glory though, strangely.

bloomcounty.jpg

As for me...

1. Twin Peaks

2. Space Ghost: Coast 2 Coast

3. Mystery Science Theater 3000

4. Arrested Development

5. Rescue Me

6. Damages

Edited by Cid_MCDP

Cracking show mind.

Don't get me started on the levels of fuckwittery at channel 4 on programming - they completely messed up Babylon 5 first time around - not showing it for weeks, sometimes out of order and then showed the final 5 eps of a meticulously plotted arc which had been building for 5 years at 9:30am as part of "the bigger breakfast" one xmas holidays - complete with the bigger breakfast logo on the screen and moronic voiceovers around all the ad breaks. I honestly came the closest I ever have to contemplating murder which says something as I harbour a lot of dark thoughts as a rule.

Another shout out goes to Andi Peters who some fuckwit gave a job to at channel 4 and he proceeded to buy Angel and thinking it was just like Buffy scheduled it a 6pm hacked to ribbons.

Cunts the lot of them.

PS I forgot how much they messed around with The West Wing as well showing they haven't improved.

So it was him then! Its amazing how people struggle with the concept of a programme that needs to be on after 9pm so they stick it on at 6pm and take half of it out! Mind the BBC did the same with Buffy at 6pm, editting alot out back in the day. If you can't show a programme as it is then its not on at the right time.

Cracking show mind.

Cunts the lot of them.

So it was him then! Its amazing how people struggle with the concept of a programme that needs to be on after 9pm so they stick it on at 6pm and take half of it out! Mind the BBC did the same with Buffy at 6pm, editting alot out back in the day. If you can't show a programme as it is then its not on at the right time.

Same as Top Gear on Dave tbh, to fit in the adverts they cut out bits-mainly my favourite 'sit round and discuss the news bit' :)

I'll have to construct my list based on stuff that's currently showing on UK telly:

Dollhouse

Knight Rider <_<

My Own Worst Enemy

Jericho

One Tree Hill :icon_lol:

Just went on Amazon to order that but its not released untill Sept 7th :)

Arrested Development

The Wire

LOST

The Simpsons

I'm Alan Patridge

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

First 6 that came to head. Can't be arsed with thinking of more.

Never even heard of the bolded one.

Dude! Sunny is hilarious.

ROCK FLAG AND EEEEEEAGLE!

http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/sunny/#/home/

If you go in the Video section, there are 5 full episodes from season 1 and a bunch of the "Fail" commericals. The fucking Patriot Fail is the best.

Edited by Cid_MCDP

Guest Stevie
I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Dynasty. <_<

Dallas was actually canny good. Pure cheese but hilarious with it. Larry Hagman man :)

I quite admired Victoria Principal, JR was a proper Texan twat, Cliff Barnes did nothing apart from slag JR off and order Chinese take-aways with his lass. :icon_lol:

Canny wabs too.

The Shield

Prison Break (Season 1)

Entourage

The West Wing

The Tudors

Blackadder

Close but no cigar.

Entourage

The Shield

Carnival

Rome

Weeds

The Young ones/Bottom.

Special mentions have to go to Tudors, Rescue Me, Boston Legal, the English series where three teams have to build a vehicle from scrap to compete in a race on a specially built track - forget what it is called and Jonathan Ross's Americana.

Also make a special trip to see Naked and Funny if you like titties (the program is shite but there are some great baps in it).

Edited by sammynb

The Shield

Prison Break (Season 1)

Entourage

The West Wing

The Tudors

Blackadder

Close but no cigar.

Entourage

The Shield

Carnival

Rome

Weeds

The Young ones/Bottom.

Special mentions have to go to Tudors, Rescue Me, Boston Legal, the English series where three teams have to build a vehicle from scrap to compete in a race on a specially built track - forget what it is called and Jonathan Ross's Americana.

Also make a special trip to see Naked and Funny if you like titties (the program is shite but there are some great baps in it).

The Tudors very nearly made it on to my list too, as did Father Ted and Band of Brothers

The Shield

Prison Break (Season 1)

Entourage

The West Wing

The Tudors

Blackadder

Close but no cigar.

Entourage

The Shield

Carnival

Rome

Weeds

The Young ones/Bottom.

Scrap Heap Challenge

The Shield

Prison Break (Season 1)

Entourage

The West Wing

The Tudors

Blackadder

Close but no cigar.

Entourage

The Shield

Carnival

Rome

Weeds

The Young ones/Bottom.

Scrap Heap Challenge

Maybe Sammy means SHC but sounds like he meant a whole series dedicated to that one task and I dont think SHC did that :) Anyway if its not I'd like to find out what it was!

Well if you can name a tv show where three teams had to build a vehicle from scrap and then complete a race in some fashion I'll happily give you the win :)