West Brom Away 08/08/09

TheUsualSuspect9

I can't help but feel that something will go horribly wrong for us in this match. Whether it be a penalty, a red-card or an embarrassing loss - the whole build up in the off-season seems to suggest that this match will be the first of many banana skins we encounter this season.

I'm really hopeful that this won't be the case. I haven't been following West Brom's personnel changes over the off-season but last season despite their position on the table they were a team that liked to play football (as opposed to the likes of Stoke and Hull). Here's to hoping that it's still the case now. I don't think some of our players will react well to physicality (can see Barton striking out, Coloccini retreating into his hair, Jonas feigning injury and looking diinterested, Smith committing cardable tackles Raylor giving away pens, and Saylor pointing double time).

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

West Brom havent had good preseason results but that dosent mean anything. I might just be blabbering not sure of their results actually I just know they suffered two losses..

Probably 2-1 to them. Can't see us getting something at the moment with so much surrounding the club and now a few players leaving. After the Dundee Utd game can't see any pace in the side ready to cause any damage.

Can't believe that anyone thinks we'll get anything but a whalloping. We've had no structure to preseason, every man is playing like he doesn't know whether he'll be at the club in 20 days or not. We're a total shamble and will be torn apart at the Hawthorns.

3-0 to the Boing-Boing Baggies I fear.

does anyone know what day the back page do booking upto ?

and is there a train back from birmingham aftert the match ?

Have you tried contacting them? Just a thought like.

Have you tried contacting them? Just a thought like.

yeah no answer

I'd seriously advise you to reconsider using Back Page as a travel option. I went with them once away last season for the midweek Man Citeh match, and had no choice at the time. Boring journey ever, very strict and more organised than the Gestapo. You can't drink and smoke, and the atmosphere is pure shite.

Never again.

I'd seriously advise you to reconsider using Back Page as a travel option. I went with them once away last season for the midweek Man Citeh match, and had no choice at the time. Boring journey ever, very strict and more organised than the Gestapo. You can't drink and smoke, and the atmosphere is pure shite.

Never again.

I'd agree with this, was a boring journey. Would recommend it though if your looking for a quiet journey there and back. They normally put some Auf Wiedersen Pet and some old Newcastle matches on the TV.

Never again.

I'd agree with this, was a boring journey. Would recommend it though if your looking for a quiet journey there and back. They normally put some Auf Wiedersen Pet and some old Newcastle matches on the TV.

yeah i know ive travelled with them before, and tbh i think its a good option. get you there and back plus get to the pub a good while before ko.

Never again.

Which in turn is why I would whole heartedly recommend them.

I'm going to say...0-2 Carroll and Barton (pen)

Only for the hope that I can come on here on Saturday night and maybe just maybe, see people admitting they were too pessimistic. :jesuswept:

Tickets just arrived...Block A3 Row LL

Edited by TheUsualSuspect9

Obviously going to this one - its the nearest game for me this season. Anyone think its slightly worrying that our allocation for this game hasn't sold out yet?

Sold out according to .com.

I shall be watching on BBC1.

I'd go for: (Assuming Beye wont play)

Harper

R Taylor S Taylor Coloccini Enrique

LuaLua Nolan Barton Jonas

Carroll Duff

I can see Hughton going for

Harper

R Taylor S Taylor Kadar Enrique

LuaLua Barton Smith Duff

Nolan

Ameobi

Either way, a comfortable 3-0 WBA win.

3-0 to them? 2-0 to them, no fucking way, were shite but honestly not that shite, what people seem to forget they are awful as well. I say it'll be a 1-1 or 2-2 draw.

4-4-1-1 for me.

Harper

Raylor Saylor Coloccini Enrique

Lua Lua Guthrie Barton Duff

Nolan

Carroll

Edited by Amir

3-0 to them? 2-0 to them, no fucking way, were shite but honestly not that shite, what people seem to forget they are awful as well. I say it'll be a 1-1 or 2-2 draw.

4-4-1-1 for me.

Harper

Nolan

Carroll

6-1 at Orient suggests otherwise.

4-4-1-1 for me.

Harper

Nolan

Carroll

They've strengthened and they're settled, we've weakened and we're a shambles.

3-0 to the bastards from brum

I wish I could share that optimism and what I thought it was quite chilling was when I was recently reminded about some of the sides in League One. Apart from Leeds you've got the likes of Southampton, Charlton and Norwich. Shitting it about the coming season if I'm being honest.

4-4-1-1 for me.

Harper

Nolan

Carroll

They've strengthened and they're settled, we've weakened and we're a shambles.

3-0 to the bastards from brum

They're not from Brum btw :(

I wish I could share that optimism and what I thought it was quite chilling was when I was recently reminded about some of the sides in League One. Apart from Leeds you've got the likes of Southampton, Charlton and Norwich. Shitting it about the coming season if I'm being honest.

At least, unlike last season, we can start this season in full knowledge that our Chairman is a clueless arsehole and we are almost certainly going to have a terrible season. You cannot disappoint the dissaffected.

Anything better than garbage and fail is going to feel, relatively, amazing. :(

4-4-1-1 for me.

Harper

Nolan

Carroll

Its a friendly, theyve lost more than we have in preseason... To even lower sides than Orient.

Fish, even if theyre settled our side should be equal if not better than theirs, this is the championship were talking about. Do not forget who on earth will score their goals? Last year Fortune scored twice for them he dosent play for them anymore, their defence is worse than ours. Still 1-1 or 2-2 for me. The only players we should fear from their sides are Greening and Brunt, the rest are terribad.

Edited by Amir

4-4-1-1 for me.

Harper

Nolan

Carroll

Its a friendly, theyve lost more than we have in preseason... To even lower sides than Orient.

Fish, even if theyre settled our side should be equal if not better than theirs, this is the championship were talking about. Do not forget who on earth will score their goals? Last year Fortune scored twice for them he dosent play for them anymore, their defence is worse than ours. Still 1-1 or 2-2 for me. The only players we should fear from their sides are Greening and Brunt, the rest are terribad.

Owen, Viduka, and Martins don't play for us anymore.

Can I have some of what you're on please?