Who's next to be sold?

Geordiejihad

I agree that Krul should get a start next week, cant see it happening though. I've pretty much never seen Hughton make any drastic changes.

If Harper is fit you can guarentee Hughton will start him, and continue to do so regardless of his form in games, just as you can bet we'll see Butt back in the team as soon as they can shove him in there because he has experience and to them that is always best.

I did read an interview with one of our players, may havebeen Smith, who was saying Harper might not be fot for Sat as you have to give it a week or so after that kind of head injury just to be safe. If so we may yet see Krul get another game and if he's the star again the pressure to keep picking him will hopefully build.

If he's the star again a trickle of enquiries will turn into a torrent.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we play Harper on Saturday it's criminal. Fuck sentiment, we should play our best players and, unfortunately for Harper, Krul is considerably better.

Wiley owld Roy Hodgson has been talking about Duff today.

Clubs talking.

That Duff negotiation in full:

Woy: "We was thinkin' of somethin' in the wegion of 4 million for Damien."

Llambias: "Say again?"

Woy: "How about 4 million for Damien?"

Llambias: "DEAL! Now, is there someone else you fancy, how about Steven Taylor?"

If we play Harper on Saturday it's criminal. Fuck sentiment, we should play our best players and, unfortunately for Harper, Krul is considerably better.

To say Krul is better than Harper after 2 or 3 good performances if unfiar. I would agree that Krul should keep his place and be given a chance to prove that he is the better keeper (which he may well be) but let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

To say Krul is better than Harper after 2 or 3 good performances if unfiar. I would agree that Krul should keep his place and be given a chance to prove that he is the better keeper (which he may well be) but let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

Agreed, based on one performance we dont know if Krul has it in him to be great, we do know though that hes earned another chance to prove it. By dropping him straight back to the bench we're basically saying "get yourself away lad, theres Premiership teams that want to give you first team football".

Agreed, based on one performance we dont know if Krul has it in him to be great, we do know though that hes earned another chance to prove it. By dropping him straight back to the bench we're basically saying "get yourself away lad, theres Premiership teams that want to give you first team football".

Im not even sure if he'd get a regular PL game. If Arsenal sign him he isn't going to be number 1. I cant actually believe some are saying he is going to be better than Given and is better than Harper now after 1.5 games in 3 years. Worthy of a chance? Yes.

Weren't some people on here claiming Harper should be played over Given this time last year?!?

Edited by Holden McGroin

Im not even sure if he'd get a regular PL game. If Arsenal sign him he isn't going to be number 1. I cant actually believe some are saying he is going to be better than Given and is better than Harper now after 1.5 games in 3 years. Worthy of a chance? Yes.

Weren't some people on here claiming Harper should be played over Given this time last year?!?

Unbelieveable tbh.

Unbelieveable tbh.

I wouldn't go chucking him in at the deep end like - play him in the league cup or something like that - slowly slowly catchy monkey

There's a lot of calls to blood the youngsters (which is looking more and more like it'll be a necessity anyway, but that's a slightly different issue) and I can see why, but it's hard for inexperienced players coming into a good side, let alone the shambles at our club. Although I was just using his catchphrase as a joke tbh. Which I've just noticed isn't even spelt right.

There's a lot of calls to blood the youngsters (which is looking more and more like it'll be a necessity anyway, but that's a slightly different issue) and I can see why, but it's hard for inexperienced players coming into a good side, let alone the shambles at our club. Although I was just using his catchphrase as a joke tbh. Which I've just noticed isn't even spelt right.

Passion, play for the shirt, die for the club...... how can they fail?

harper doesn't tend to command his defenders as well as most. he's also not as good as he used to be. i beleive that krul is (in terms of potential) a better short or medium term bet, but harper has a lot of experience. harper will probably be in until he gets injured, and then hopefully krul or forster can take their chance. thats just the way it is....

also no premiership side is going to take krul on as a first team goalie. he'd be put into the squad and used in cup games...

Looks like Duff is going. I can't believe this it makes me so fuking angry! we have no squad as it is and yet were selling players left right centre and buying fuck all. Where is all this money going for the players? This club is seriously fucked.

• 2 weeks later...
Ok folks ...one week left ...Possibles to still leave include - Enrique , Taylor , Krul , Butt , anyone got any idea how much that would add up to in Fatties back pocket?

Still reckon there is a chance Enrique and Jonas could go as well.