Newcastle United vs Reading FC

Tom

Dare I say I'm feeling a tad of optimism now?

Isn't she a Cruel Mistress. :blink:

True but she gives the occasional wank.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newcastle caretaker manger Chris Hughton on Shola Ameobi:

"He is a local lad and for any striker to come away with a match ball is always a very, very proud moment for them.

"What we wanted first and foremost was to win the game, and if we were able to do that by scoring goals and putting in a performance, that was certainly going to be a bonus.

"We had good periods of the game against a very, very good passing side, and the first two goals were of the highest quality."

There's no way Ashley is going to sell the club now IMO. He must be thinking there's a fair chance of the P word and he can net more cash if we do.

I personally think Moat will be involved in the running of the club as it'll curry favour with the fans and give him that extra time to see if we can bounce straight back.

There's no way Ashley is going to sell the club now IMO. He must be thinking there's a fair chance of the P word and he can net more cash if we do.

I personally think Moat will be involved in the running of the club as it'll curry favour with the fans and give him that extra time to see if we can bounce straight back.

Aye Assley is most likely going to gamble on us going up, and will probably still try to do so by selling more players and not bringing any in.

A sobering thought is: how many people thought we'd eventually be relegated this many games into last season?

Well, couldn't have asked for much better than 3-0 at home and i think a good all round performance. Shola is obviously the talking/laughing point, but putting the goals aside he did look a but more interested in general than normal and didnt continually get caught offisde or give away too many freekicks, so fair play to him today, hope it continues.

I think thats also the first time i've thought Raylor was a footballer, seemed to be well positioned, won a fair few tackles and his distribution wasnt shite either, again though we need this week in and week out.

Smith was running a risk at one point, but there was no way the 2nd was a yellow, and the ref got it right when he could easilyl have jumped in and sent him off. The first was a certain yellow though and he needs to get back to his West Brom channeled agression not stupid tackles, but i do think he's going to be an important player for us.

The pessimist in me though just worries at who is going to be left by the end of the transfer window and which manager will we have. Theres plenty of rumours Taylor will be gone and any decent money for Colo, Jonas or Enrique will see them out before you can blink. I know plenty of people would like to see the 2 argies gone but really can we afford to lose anymore players from this squad!

Harper 6

Enrique 9

Colo 6

Saylor 7

Raylor 7

Jonas 7

Nolan 8

Smith 8

Barton 7

Carroll 7

Ameobi 8

I'd say.

Colo was excellent in the second half. Looked a totally different player. Nolan 8? What match were you watching? 6 Max.......other than that I'd agree with the rest.

Anyone at the game, did it seem like Steven Taylor was saying goodbye at the end ?

From .COM...

The last player to exit the pitch though was Steven Taylor, whose facial expression resembled a "goodbye look" to us

we were the first match on you've missed us

weren't on long mind but I suppose there is a lot to get through

Edited by Andrew

Also noticed Xisco made a late appearance today. Did he have much of an impact?

No

Had a couple of nice touches. The match was pretty much over as a contest when he came on.

Also noticed Xisco made a late appearance today. Did he have much of an impact?

No

Had a couple of nice touches. The match was pretty much over as a contest when he came on.

Not due anyone any money now that he has played this game are we? :blink:

Anyone at the game, did it seem like Steven Taylor was saying goodbye at the end ?

From .COM...

The last player to exit the pitch though was Steven Taylor, whose facial expression resembled a "goodbye look" to us

Why play Taylor and drop Duff if both are in the process of leaving? If he had already packed his bags surely Ashley wouldn't risk £8 million by playing him against lowly Reading? I think he was just milking the applause because of the result.

And CT is right, Jonas is fucking shit.