Jermaine Beckford

Galactico

Having spoken with a few officials at Leeds and Simon Grayson's wife Beckford asked for a new contract worth £29,000 a week a few months ago and that has resulted in Simon and Ken Bates trying to get rid of him.

He's been taken off the transfer list to supposedly improve his market value :icon_lol: Bates has come down to a figure of £2m just to prevent him leaving on a free. GET HIM SIGNED !

Having spoken with a few officials at Leeds and Simon Grayson's wife Beckford asked for a new contract worth £29,000 a week a few months ago and that has resulted in Simon and Ken Bates trying to get rid of him.

He's been taken off the transfer list to supposedly improve his market value :icon_lol: Bates has come down to a figure of £2m just to prevent him leaving on a free. GET HIM SIGNED !

You are aware how much we refused to pay Bassong, right?

We didn't have to pay him any more than he was on though did we? He had a contract so why should we increase his wages in our current state?

That doesn't necessarily mean we would pay him thick end of £30k like anyway.

We didn't have to pay him any more than he was on though did we? He had a contract so why should we increase his wages in our current state?

I'll leave Peasepud to answer this one but I don't think it's preposterous for our best player to ask for a salary which still falls short of the amount we're paying another (absolutely gash) player's agent!

We have no Owner. We have no Manager. We have no likeliehood of either of those statements changing in the time it would take to push through a transfer.

Let us wallow in this mire, stop sowing seeds of hope.

I saw Beckford a couple of times last year and I thought he was average at best. Nowt to get excited about unless I caught him on off days.

He seems to be doing all right and he's worth a punt imo

I saw Beckford a couple of times last year and I thought he was average at best. Nowt to get excited about unless I caught him on off days.

Think you must have done because he scored bucketloads of goals last season! He's got off to a good start this year too.

I don't know whether he'd be good enough for the Prem but he'd definitely do well in the Championship.

Unfortunately, as others have said, it doesn't really matter because until we get a manager the best we can hope for is signings on loan or on a free.

Spoke to my mate from uni who's a leeds fan and he says that Beckford's a lazy little shite who does no work and that Becchio was the main worker at the club and Beckford just feeds off him, so if you put him up top with Carroll or Ameobi then he should do a decent job

I'll leave Peasepud to answer this one but I don't think it's preposterous for our best player to ask for a salary which still falls short of the amount we're paying another (absolutely gash) player's agent!

Not preposterous at all but you know what these lot are like and if they feel they don't have to pay a player (despite him being arguably our best player) more then they won't. When you are trying to sign a player then you have to pay them what they want or they won't sign.

Not preposterous at all but you know what these lot are like and if they feel they don't have to pay a player (despite him being arguably our best player) more then they won't. When you are trying to sign a player then you have to pay them what they want or they won't sign.

My point being is if Ashley's not willing to stick his hand in his pocket for an extra £7K a week, he's hardly likely to do it for an extra £29K a week. And yes, I am appreciating that their would be another player on our books.

Ashley said it himself, current overheads aside, he's not prepared to spend another penny on us.

29k is way too much. A lower wage with the chance to increase it if we're promoted might do the trick, though I can't see any money being spent on players. I'm sure they'll keep sniffing around loan deals to partially fill the voids of the departed players. As far as a prospect for loan players from Premier League sides we'd be very high up the list.

I was asked a while ago by a club which I can't disclose to compare Caleb Folan and Jermaine over a 5 week period,on the points system I devised guess who came out on top ?

The club refused the somewhat ridiculous transfer fee set by Leeds after the 5-2 win over Chester

Good finisher but overated imo. dont know who said it earlier but becchio and snodgrass are much better players.

Even if he does have a name that sounds like something that grows on John McCririck's ball sack.