The official Transfer Deadline Day thread

Park Life

We were never going to do anything other than loans and freebies were we. I said last night that today was all about holding on to what we had.

I'm amazed he hasn't sold anyone else - it actually gives me a ridiculously optimistic view that something might be happening with the sale.

I think get Xisco out was a stroke of look on the outgoing front. I wonder how much of his wage they a paying.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe how many of you are fucking moaning that we've signed Lovenkrands tbh. We have a wafer-thin squad which HAD to be increased and the one player signing that Ashley has approved isn't good enough for some ;)

What's more it's not like he's an unknown entity in this country (like the £8-£10m signings of Boumsong, Luque, Coloccini, etc. were). He was somewhat of a cult hero when he bagged the third goal against Boro back in May and now he's worse than dogshit?

Evidently some have forgotten we've been relegated. I on the other hand, hope he's put a clause in his contract to make damned fucking sure the kitman spells his name right this time! :cry:

I'm glad we've signed him

its just feels odd to me that we've signed a player who left us at the start of summer for whatever reason, was it that he just wasnt offered a contract or did he want higher level football?

I on the other hand, hope he's put a clause in his contract to make damned fucking sure the kitman spells his name right this time! :cry:

Fook off, nowt wrong with my speeling Craig :icon_lol:

;)

I on the other hand, hope he's put a clause in his contract to make damned fucking sure the kitman spells his name right this time! :cry:

Fook off, nowt wrong with my speeling Craig :icon_lol:

;)

Ironing :icon_lol:

As someone else mentioned, odd that Lovenkrands was signed today when he could have been picked up at any particular time. Smacks of a PR job to make it look like we were active on the incoming players front.

Whatever the case I'm happy he's back. Has genuine pace and his finishing wasn't too bad when he was here previously (apart from a sitter he missed against Everton). Better playing through the middle, but at leasy offers some cover out wide where we are very thin.

No players leaving is the best bit of news to come out of today (sadly).

I'm sure we can still tie up some loan signings. Once all of the real business is done and dusted premiership clubs will know who they can afford to loan out. That's when we should be signing at least two defenders.

I think someone else had it right when saying Lovendrands likely signed after exhausting the possibility of going back to the premiership. Thats why is was prob so late in the day. Which is fair enough on his behalf. I was disappointed not at him signing, but that he was our only signing. We need him there is no doubt of that and I think he could do pretty well for us. Just a shame we could not have brought in a couple more (well, him and simpson I guess).

I think someone else had it right when saying Lovendrands likely signed after exhausting the possibility of going back to the premiership. Thats why is was prob so late in the day. Which is fair enough on his behalf. I was disappointed not at him signing, but that he was our only signing. We need him there is no doubt of that and I think he could do pretty well for us. Just a shame we could not have brought in a couple more (well, him and simpson I guess).

Maybe we'll bring in some loan signings till Christmas, when the Fat Clown will take a view based on our league position? I got the sense that Championship teams can sign players on loan till November so I wonder whether the idea is to back fill the squad that way. I bloody well hope so as we need good defenders in particular.

On the free transfer front there's always former serie A star Stephen Appiah is without a club, I know it's possible for championship teams to buy him in FM so who knows ;)

Former Arsenal and Portsmouth defender Lauren is also still without a club, might be worth a go on a pay as you play.

Then there's Dietmar Hamman who recently turned down Notts County, but as much as I liked him in his heyday I think we have enough aging, slow as fuck central midfielders as it is.

Olivier Bernard anyone? Third time lucky etc

Mr. Sibierski is still unattached as well! ;)

As well as Bobo Balde and Henri Camara!

Scottish Mag mentioned the last two before the match and the league is so poor on the evidence so far I think all 3 could make a difference if you got them on a year's contract.

would make sense for the Premiership clubs to loan us a couple of players, I'd be sorely disappointed if we weren't maknig any enquiries along those lines.

I know we're stretched thin, financially, but surely a couple of loanees from West Ham, Villa, Everton, Arsenal, etc would benefit both parties without crippling our coffers?