The official Transfer Deadline Day thread

Park Life

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PETER Lovenkrands arrived at Newcastle United's training headquarters ahead of sealing a three-year deal on Tuesday with one lucid intention - to help fire the Magpies back into the Premier League.

The Dane, who re-joins the Geordies having left at the end of last season, admits that the pain of relegation still lingers, although few fans would question his efforts - three goals in just eight starts - in striving to keep the club in the top flight.

And Lovenkrands, who was speaking to nufcTV in an exclusive interview, says that winning promotion is his number one goal.

"I'm delighted to be back and I'm very pleased to be here," said the amiable former Rangers and Schalke frontman.

"It was the best move for me and my family. I loved my time here, I love the club and I love the fans.

"But I can't forget that we were relegated. It was devastating and it was horrible to be part of it.

"But that's why I'm back here - to help us get back up and I'll do everything I can to make that happen.

"The boys have done a fantastic job so far and it's a great situation to come in to with us top of the league.

"Let's hope we can keep that going and get the club back where it belongs."

Manchester United youngster Craig Cathcart is set for a spell on the sidelines with a hamstring injury.

The defender has been sent back to Old Trafford from international duty in order to receive treatment on the ailment.

Cathcart, who spent last season on loan at Plymouth, suffered the setback while turning out for Northern Ireland U21s.

He was unable to prevent his country from slipping to a 2-0 European Championship qualifying defeat against Czech Republic and has now been laid low with injury.

The problem wraps up a disappointing week for the 20-year-old, who saw a move to Newcastle break down at the last minute prior to Tuesday's transfer deadline.

Cathcart will now sit out Northern Ireland's next qualifier against Iceland on Tuesday, as will Blackburn defender Johnny Flynn, who has a knee problem.

From Skysports.

Manchester United youngster Craig Cathcart is set for a spell on the sidelines with a hamstring injury.

The defender has been sent back to Old Trafford from international duty in order to receive treatment on the ailment.

Cathcart, who spent last season on loan at Plymouth, suffered the setback while turning out for Northern Ireland U21s.

He was unable to prevent his country from slipping to a 2-0 European Championship qualifying defeat against Czech Republic and has now been laid low with injury.

The problem wraps up a disappointing week for the 20-year-old, who saw a move to Newcastle break down at the last minute prior to Tuesday's transfer deadline.

Cathcart will now sit out Northern Ireland's next qualifier against Iceland on Tuesday, as will Blackburn defender Johnny Flynn, who has a knee problem.

From Skysports.

His hamstring probably thought he'd signed for us

From Skysports.

Just the mention of Newcastle and the hmastring went. :baby:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_5559051,00.html

Watford have swooped to sign Manchester United defender Craig Cathcart on loan until January.

The 20-year-old was on the verge of signing for Newcastle on transfer-deadline day but the deal collapsed in the 11th hour after he failed a medical at St James' Park.

The Magpies were rumoured to be interested in signing the youngster on loan, but the Belfast-born defender has opted for a move to Vicarage Road.

Cathcart spent last season on loan in the Championship at Plymouth Argyle, where he made 33 appearances, and a number of clubs were reportedly interested in his signature.

The Hornets travel to Home Park on Tuesday but Cathcart will not be available to play until the weekend game against Leicester

Watford have swooped to sign Manchester United defender Craig Cathcart on loan until January.

The 20-year-old was on the verge of signing for Newcastle on transfer-deadline day but the deal collapsed in the 11th hour after he failed a medical at St James' Park.

The Magpies were rumoured to be interested in signing the youngster on loan, but the Belfast-born defender has opted for a move to Vicarage Road.

Cathcart spent last season on loan in the Championship at Plymouth Argyle, where he made 33 appearances, and a number of clubs were reportedly interested in his signature.

The Hornets travel to Home Park on Tuesday but Cathcart will not be available to play until the weekend game against Leicester

Well if he can't pass a medical I reckon we've done the right thing.. In fairness Coloccini and Saylor don't miss a lot of games but it'd be just our luck if that changed.

Crucial we get Simpson's loan extended IMO.

Well if he can't pass a medical I reckon we've done the right thing.. In fairness Coloccini and Saylor don't miss a lot of games but it'd be just our luck if that changed.

Crucial we get Simpson's loan extended IMO.

Its a bit away from his loan deal ending. But i would think Man U would be looking at a fee in january rather than losing him in the summer for nothing.