Cats

Kid Dynamite

got a male cat here, doesn’t have anything to do with me but follows the g/f everywhere. He’s a house cat but does go out into the yard if we’re outside.

Little twat has shredded most of the furniture.

If it was put out a few times a week it wouldn't do that.

yep, but he’s too frightened!

You've made him like that.

5 cats here and they all go out but never stray any further than the garden. If you want to keep them as house cats they'll get used to it and the added bonus is that they won't eat plants and then throw up on the carpet.

5 cats here and they all go out but never stray any further than the garden. If you want to keep them as house cats they'll get used to it and the added bonus is that they won't eat plants and then throw up on the carpet.

:(

They're lush man ;)

we're on six since my sister moved back in, its been mental introducing three new cats to our lot

Why do so many 'dog people' have a fear or hatred of cats? Cat owners don't seem to have the same vitriol for dogs.

We've got 3 cats to go with the 2 weiner dogs. Both are cool, but while the dogs are more trouble, the cats are less accessible. You gotta put in a lot of time with a cat before it warms up to you, whereas a dog is almost immediately your best friend.

Why do so many 'dog people' have a fear or hatred of cats? Cat owners don't seem to have the same vitriol for dogs.

We've got 3 cats to go with the 2 weiner dogs. Both are cool, but while the dogs are more trouble, the cats are less accessible. You gotta put in a lot of time with a cat before it warms up to you, whereas a dog is almost immediately your best friend.

How does the balance of power work out there? Can a large domestic cat overpower a small dog? I'd guess not.

How does the balance of power work out there? Can a large domestic cat overpower a small dog? I'd guess not.

Ehhh... define "overpower."

Really, the current ruler of the roost is our six month old female dachshund puppy and she's the smallest by far of the whole bunch. :lol:

Two of the cats are freakishly large, one is basically average. They're all sweethearts though.

Really, the current ruler of the roost is our six month old female dachshund puppy and she's the smallest by far of the whole bunch. :lol:

Two of the cats are freakishly large, one is basically average. They're all sweethearts though.

Do they ever play fight?

I'm just wondering if a large cat could pin down a sausage dog or some other small breed of canine? I reckon even the smallest dog is stockier and has more muscle on its frame than a large house cat.

Do they ever play fight?

I'm just wondering if a large cat could pin down a sausage dog or some other small breed of canine? I reckon even the smallest dog is stockier and has more muscle on its frame than a large house cat.

Oh God yes, they play fight all the damn time.

The Dachshunds are hard to pin down because their long bodies allow them to turn corners or turn around much faster than the cats. Generally the cats just smack them in the face when they fight. The dogs bark and run circles around them literally.

I have to take our oldest puddy tat to the vets in the morning to be put to sleep if she makes it through the night tonight. She's currently drifting in and out of a haze in the cat bed and it's absolutely awful :lol:

aw thats awful, I do hate that part its heartbreaking

we lost one of ours this year to a little shit on a scooter who then proceeded to fuck off without telling anyone

poor little sod had to drag himself home

Thanks guys. It was awful but we had to do it. She couldn't walk more than a couple of steps and kept collapsing in a heap. They were great at the vets and it literally took a couple of seconds and she was peaceful. One of her sisters has been pacing round the house all night looking for her and keeps coming to tell me that she can't find her. Poor love.

Thanks guys. It was awful but we had to do it. She couldn't walk more than a couple of steps and kept collapsing in a heap. They were great at the vets and it literally took a couple of seconds and she was peaceful. One of her sisters has been pacing round the house all night looking for her and keeps coming to tell me that she can't find her. Poor love.

That sounds the same as what happened to mine earlier this year. Was terrible to watch, just no energy at all and at the end the other cat (who used to plague the life out of her) dragged her bed through the room to take her to the cat litter tray. When there though Ellie had to lift her up and hold her over it so she could go.

Sorry to hear that Cath :(

aw Cath, sorry to hear that. My brothers dog (a daft lovable old springer) is getting near the end, she cant walk very well and sometimes cant drag herself up from the floor at all, its heartbreaking. Theyre hanging on to her but really I think the time has come. My niece is a vetinary nurse so she will take her and I think it will be soon :(

I dont have any pets except the neighbours gorgeous old tabby, I share him and we look after him when theyre away, he comes in most days. He's 16 now, so I guess thats old in cat years? I will be gutted when he goes.