Cats

Kid Dynamite

Anyone got one? I grew up with dogs but because me and my lass work shifts we ended up getting a cat. We live next to a country lane which sounds ideal but its full of people taking their dogs for a walk and last year our 9month old kitten was killed on the road by a dog.

We bought a new kitten and shes about 8 months old now. Shes just been spayed so we opened the cat flap yesterday for the first time. She was happily in and out for a few hours but went missing at 8pm just as it started hoying it down. Cue me trawling the streets with a torch at midnight looking for her dripping wet looking like a right tit.

She turns up at 10hours later at 6am looking shit scared! Obviously the cat flap is locked again for now but she crying at it all day.

I guess my question is, is it cruel to just keep her as a housecat now? Im not particularly eager to pick pieces of her up from the bushes like I had to with the last one

My parents have a fairly expensive pedigree cat that they basically keep under lock and key. They even have this cage thing so she can get some fresh air in the garden without actually having any semblance of freedom. It's kind of warped. :)

We've got 2 and we keep them as house cats, although that's mainly due to the fact we live next to a busy road and some cnut was poisoning the cats on our street a few years back.

We keep ours as a house cat, got one of those litter boxes that are enclosed and have filters. Decided on keeping him in because we live right next to the A1 and because prior to us getting him the dozy bastard got knocked down by a car.

• 2 months later...
Vermin

Aye, the only person I know who aint a cunt who keeps cats, is my sister, and this just goes to prove that fact.

Sly animals who are in it for themselves.

Edited by Stevie

Let me guess, you own a staffy?

I prefer dogs to cats but own neither, people who own "hard dogs" are just as big a wank as you in my view. Small cock syndrome. Why would you want to own a hard dog? Unless you lived in Liverpool under fear of burglary?

There's some great dogs like black labradors, them ginger ones, and boxers, so why would you want a doberman or a Rottweiler, unless you're a German war history enthusiast?

Edited by Stevie

I prefer dogs to cats but own neither, people who own "hard dogs" are just as big a wank as you in my view. Small cock syndrome. Why would you want to own a hard dog? Unless you lived in Liverpool under fear of burglary?

There's some great dogs like black labradors, them ginger ones, and boxers, so why would you want a doberman or a Rottweiler, unless you're a German war history enthusiast?

:razz:

Agree there like. Ive only ever had dogs. Labs are great family pets and the last two I had (border terriers) were excellent dogs. Any time I see someone walking a pitbull type dog I just think "Twat".

I'd only get a dog if the household had time to properly look after it. Can't think of anything more cruel than having a dog and leaving it on it's own for most of the day.

I've got a cat and it has the freedom to roam where it likes, however it generally lies against a radiator all day and only goes out to shit.

It's easy to say dogs are better than cats, but given the choice I'd settle for an extra hour in bed rather than getting up to take a dog for a walk in the midst of winter...

I've had a couple of dogs and four cats. Male cats are more 'dog-like' than their female equivalents. They've got a bit of character and more personality about them. They also tend to be territorial and like to roam and make sure that no interlopers have come onto their patch. Female cats are softer, they'll quite happily live inside as house cats as long as they don't get used to going out. For your own piece of mind, I'd keep her in. Just get the solids out of the litter tray regularly :razz:

got a male cat here, doesn’t have anything to do with me but follows the g/f everywhere. He’s a house cat but does go out into the yard if we’re outside.

Little twat has shredded most of the furniture.

If it was put out a few times a week it wouldn't do that.

got a male cat here, doesn’t have anything to do with me but follows the g/f everywhere. He’s a house cat but does go out into the yard if we’re outside.

Little twat has shredded most of the furniture.

If it was put out a few times a week it wouldn't do that.

yep, but he’s too frightened!