2nd most popular boys name in the UK

LeazesMag

Why is Jack supposedly such a popular name anyway? It's been top of the lists for years now and I'm still to meet one. Maybe the darkies are murdering all the Jacks so that Mohammed can be top. :)

Now if I had've posted that...........

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought in Muslim culture they tend to have a few names, so the individuality may be expressed in a 2nd name or some such.

Like a Christening name, or confirmation name in Christianity.

Either way I imagine the majority of people in the UK give their babies daft names anyway like Mercedes or Halfsquat, so getting a couple to match might be difficult.

plus if mohammed is at any point in the name it comes first, I knew a set of twins in high school both called mohammed who had different last names so anyone whose family name is mohammed is part of this statistic

its all bollocks

Oh noes! Someone has made an irony! :(

Where have I ever written "darkie" or "paki". I haven't and won't as it causes offence. What pisses me off about this forum is do gooding arseholes like Craig would ban me for that remark, whereas someone like you writes it (and I have absolutely nothing against you at all), and it passes off as a funny quip. I think you were the one who posted that pic from Villa Park from the 1920s as well. :) It's not a nice word regardless who says it.

Ridiculous thing to highlght. I can't find the raw data for 2009, but the 2008 data is here.

And it shows that 209,234 babies made up the top 100 names.

Of those, traditionally English (Western/White) names were given to 202,643 (96.85%)

The reamining 6591 (3.15%) got called Mohammad (or some variation).

If you click the link, you'll see they weren't reported as a combined figure that year. If they had been Mohammad would have come in third place.

1,591,000 Muslims recorded at the 2001 Census, forming 3% of the population. (source)

8 Years ago.

Edited by Happy Face

Where have I ever written "darkie" or "paki". I haven't and won't as it causes offence. What pisses me off about this forum is do gooding arseholes like Craig would ban me for that remark, whereas someone like you writes it (and I have absolutely nothing against you at all), and it passes off as a funny quip. I think you were the one who posted that pic from Villa Park from the 1920s as well. :) It's not a nice word regardless who says it.

It's the context though Stevie, as well you are aware. I really can't be arsed to check but I'm sure you've come up with plenty of derogatory terms for someone from Pakistan, pretty sure you once argued it was OK to use 'paki' because it was an abbreviation in fact. You've certainly been free with the term 'chinky' which for my money is a more offensive term, and never in an ironic way either.

Still, this has all been said before, its boring as fuck and I should stop biting.

It's the context though Stevie, as well you are aware. I really can't be arsed to check but I'm sure you've come up with plenty of derogatory terms for someone from Pakistan, pretty sure you once argued it was OK to use 'paki' because it was an abbreviation in fact. You've certainly been free with the term 'chinky' which for my money is a more offensive term, and never in an ironic way either.

Still, this has all been said before, its boring as fuck and I should stop biting.

Why? The context it's written in? So fuck, people of other cultures don't like these words.

Edited by Stevie

Why? The context it's written in? So fuck, people of other cultures don't like these words.

Because of the etymology of the word 'chink', because I know that the chinese people I know and work with all find it very offensive. Basic respect really.

Like I said, it's been done to death, you're just baiting now.

The word darkie on here is either acceptable or it isn't, which is it? What Renton is saying is people should have the carte blanche to use racist remarks as long as it's in appropriate context. That's just wrong.

The word darkie on here is either acceptable or it isn't, which is it? What Renton is saying is people should have the carte blanche to use racist remarks as long as it's in appropriate context. That's just wrong.

Bollocks Stevie, you're not so daft as to believe that. You're just being ornery.

Meenzer was clearly using the terms ironically.

I thought in Muslim culture they tend to have a few names, so the individuality may be expressed in a 2nd name or some such.

Like a Christening name, or confirmation name in Christianity.

Either way I imagine the majority of people in the UK give their babies daft names anyway like Mercedes or Halfsquat, so getting a couple to match might be difficult.

maybe they are just counting teddy bears

:)

And yet peole throw the term " retard" around here and nobody bats an eyelid. Hypocrisy complaining really.

Probably find even the chinkies and pakis use it. Not to mention the darkies.

As someone who once tupped a redhead, I find the Ginger baiting and abuse on here very upsetting.

The retards can get fucked mind.

Edited by Monkeys Fist

Bollocks Stevie, you're not so daft as to believe that. You're just being ornery.

Yes, so what you're saying is it's completely acceptable to use the term ironically.

Yes, so what you're saying is it's completely acceptable to use the term ironically.

I fuckin knew the ones who would be defending this [in the usual clever arsed terminology fashion too] :)

Like you use the truth ironically? :)

Fuck off Mo, it does, it's not even our country any more.

Since when is it your country? Fuck off back to Narnia!

And yet peole throw the term " retard" around here and nobody bats an eyelid. Hypocrisy complaining really.

Probably find even the chinkies and pakis use it. Not to mention the darkies.

You think calling someone a retard is the same as calling someone a darkie? You fucking spastic. :)