Facebook

Andrew

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wor lass occasionally uses it. You get people on there spilling the beans about stuff like Cadbury's Creme Eggs now being on sale in the supermarkets. You know, the sort of esoteric knowledge only available to people who go into supermarkets. As you can probably guess, I think it's great ©

Its shite. Came off there years ago and never miss it one bit.

It fucks me off when you contact someone and they say "Oh its on our FB page" ok mate, what happens if you're not on there?

That page will still exist if you aren't on there, you can even view them!

That page will still exist if you aren't on there, you can even view them!

Aye

It was a cycling race series I was looking at. Went to their website which only had 2014 races on. So dropped them an email asking when the 2015 series races would be announced. The reply was "Their on our FB page"

Oh right, sorry, I thought your fucking website would be updated first.

People who post drivel on their status updates are swiftly de friended. I had a major cull recently and now have just 100 friends or so. When the people you're on with are like minded it's a good way to share and access stuff. In the early days it was awful, like most people I regrettably accepted many friend requests from people from school etc that I barely speak to anymore and went on to fill my timeline with endless guff about their relationships/heartbreaks/kids etc.

Once you've dispatched that type it's a pretty useful tool.

Thats what I dont get.

the GF uses it and says "Oh look at this that blah blah posted"

So I look and as I have never met them, or even heard he speak of them I ask her who they are.

"Oh some lass I went to primary school with"
"Oh right, when did you last see her"
"Not since Primary school"

WTF, so she clearly didnt care you lost touch etc neither did you?!

Its like Suprise Suprise

"Here he is from Australia, your brother you havent spoken to for 30 years"

Well he clearly doesnt give a fuck otherwise he would have been in touch and likewise.

A useful tool. For tools ;)

You're undoubtedly right, in the main. But if it's just you and people you like it's alreet.

My timeline is pretty quiet for days at a time now, because my friends don't post attention seeking nonsense or endless crap about their per cat.

You're undoubtedly right, in the main. But if it's just you and people you like it's alreet.

My timeline is pretty quiet for days at a time now, because my friends don't post attention seeking nonsense or endless crap about their per cat.

Just kidding. Not my cup of char but I can see how it could be handy. I don't get why so many people are obsessed with the pathetic online popularity contest side of it though. Wor lass keeps getting friend invites from people she went to the same school as but didn't know, speak to or, in some cases, actively disliked. That side of it is just a bit weird and needy

Edited by Alex

That's what I found strsnge, the people from school ..... this fucker broke my nose at school then nearly 30 years later, after I ignored a friend request from him, he started to message me apologising for it. It's ludicrous. Tbf, am back in touch with some really good friends from my teenage years and some who emigrated in the early 90s before txt and email I'd probably never have spoken to again so it's good for that but in the main it's inane bollocks mostly.

I'm sure all the people whose marriages it ended remember it :lol:

David James apparently fucked off with his teenage girlfriend after the met again via friends reunited ....my sister was ahead of the curve with that though, her ex husband did a bunk to Barcelona to be with a young Catalan lady who had been his penfriend when they were teenagers...first contact after two decades made via facebook... :glare:

Oh and if anyone knows how to turn off the "last active xxhrs/mins ago" thing, I'd appreciate it (despite disabling messenger) as I'm being stalked by a lunatic from the past.