• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Down for anyone else or is it just me?

been down for me all night, but back working now

yeh, just come back for me as well actually

must be a lancs thing lol

• 3 years later...

Facebook reveals 20m mobile users in June

Facebook has published UK-specific user data, broken down for the first time into daily and monthly, and total and mobile user numbers.

The new figures come as the social network’s user base continues to shift towards mobile, and Facebook is keen to convey the shift to advertisers and media planners.

In June, Facebook claims to have had 33 million monthly active users in the UK, and 24 million daily active users.

The significance of mobile to Facebook is underlined by the 20 million users, or four out of five of the 24 million who log on each day, doing so via a smartphone or tablet computer.

A Facebook spokesperson said: "We believe that understanding who comes back at least once a month is only part of the picture. Instead, businesses should focus on people who come back online every single day, because that is how they live their lives.

"People are online numerous times in a single day and are constantly connected – creating, sharing and engaging with the content that matters to them. For advertisers, this will help them create campaigns that can reach the right people at the right time, on both desktop and mobile."

Facebook’s increasingly mobile reach has received the backing of some major advertisers. Kim Araneta, assistant brand manager at Pimm's, said: "The platform’s flexibility, combined with huge reach and high mobile usage, gives us a unique and effective way to reach consumers at key summer moments."

Aman Matharu, digital marketing manager at Pepsi MAX, said: "When it comes to mass reach plus engagement, Facebook is there."

http://www.mediaweek.co.uk/news/rss/1207288/Facebook-reveals-20m-mobile-users-June/

So the equivalent of 40% of the entire UK population log on to Facebook every day.

Over 50% log on at least monthly.

Incredible tbh, more impressive than the Only Fools and Horses Christmas special.

Have to say I'm on a daily like. The more I use Smugmug, Flickr & Twitter though, the less I actually provide content on Facebook. Once everyone's mam and dad is watching what they're up to it must lose some appeal.

Have to say I'm on a daily like. The more I use Smugmug, Flickr & Twitter though, the less I actually provide content on Facebook.

Exactly that, aye. Still use it to keep in touch with people, send out group messages (event invites etc.), share photos/awful YouTube videos and the like, but Twitter is far more of an active experience these days.

I check Facebook every so often but I will say, as someone who gigs at weekends, you get much better results advertising through Facebook than you do Twitter. The very nature of the latter means it's lost in around 20 seconds but Facebook will, unless you have a ludicrous 1000-strong friends list, keep it up there for a good few hours. I use it for that and looking at lasses holiday pictures at this time of year.

Got rid of mine ages ago like.

this. still have a gimmick account for all the apps that use it as a login, but thatls it. was on it for a year, did not get it at all.

• 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I'm as guilty as anyone for being mildly addicted to Facebook but the stuff people will share on there is getting ridiculous. Today for example I've had a full description of someone's bowel movements (no, it wasn't Chez ;) ) and 2 people updating their status reminding everyone that they lost babies over 15 years ago, followed by various family members sending messages to the foetus. Some things are best kept semi-private.

I'm as guilty as anyone for being mildly addicted to Facebook but the stuff people will share on there is getting ridiculous. Today for example I've had a full description of someone's bowel movements (no, it wasn't Chez ;) ) and 2 people updating their status reminding everyone that they lost babies over 15 years ago, followed by various family members sending messages to the foetus. Some things are best kept semi-private.

Did they send biscuits?