It's occured to me that

maggiespaws

Some strong swimmers on here. :spit: Congrats guys!

Fucking hell McDade when I saw you'd posted in here I wonder if you were adding to the news! :lol:

Is this going to turn into a "No Gemill..." kind of thing?

No.

Good.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, there's definitely something. Clearly it's the fault of football. After all, 3 months ago, the season had finished, we all knew we had feck all to look forward to and there was nowt on the TV (Ashes? pah!).

Thanks for the messages :spit:

I can laugh about it now, but for the last 6 or so weeks I've been a little worried. Lisa started to show quite quickly and by quite a bit (considering how far gone she is).

Now, the logical answer was that as this is our 2nd, stomach muscles don't have quite the same stiffness (ooh-er) they used to and therefore are more pliable and co-operative when it comes to making room for baby.

However, there is a history of twins on Lisa's side of the family, which has skipped the last 2 generations. Also, Lisa's approaching mid-thirties; where it's most common. Combine those 3 traits with the fact that God clearly hates me and you'll see where I'm coming from.

Now, we have a Ford Puma as our 2nd car - which I end up driving (Matt has deemed my car "Mummy's car" because she drives it so much) and it wont take a 2nd car seat due to the scooped rear seats. So I need to sell it before BabyG mk2 arrives. However, if were we having twins, I'd also need to sell my car (BMW 320) because it won't fit 3 car seats in the back. FFS, I was going to have to buy a people carrier! :spit: I'm only 32 man!

Went for the scan and when the sonographer started doing her thing, there was this ominous dark area to the above and right of the baby I could see on the screen - the sort of dark area that was itself, baby sized. I'll be honest with you, I wasn't panicking, but my arse was going a little bit like a rabbit's nose at this point. Lisa was all exited at seeing the pictures and I was doing the Dad thing and checking for the flicker on the screen which signified a heartbeat, counting arms and legs and looking at the shape of the spine (or is that just me?).

Anyway, 45secs must have passed and I still hadn't asked the question. Just as the words were filling my mouth Lisa asked "There's just one in there, isn't there?".

"Yes" came the reply and with it, more than just a little relief for me :lol:

must be something in the beer?

Congrats :lol:

There's naff all on television around Christmas

Had on, I dont know what gestation period they go through down in the smoke but its nowt like that up these parts! :spit:

meant his not yours, anyway, shouldn't you be doing something?

must be something in the beer?

Congrats :lol:

There's naff all on television around Christmas

Had on, I dont know what gestation period they go through down in the smoke but its nowt like that up these parts! :spit:

meant his not yours, anyway, shouldn't you be doing something?

OK then how longs a fucking cockney week then? they're 12 weeks gone.

and to think some muppet made you a Mod!

:spit:

nee fucking wonder the boards been quiet!! you lot are at it like rabbits!!!

congrats to you all, enjoy the wonders it brings.

Edited by paddy

After reading about Pud's announcement, it's occured ot me I've not told you all that Mrs Paws and I are expecting our 2nd baby next year.

I didn't want to say anything until we got past the 12 week mark - then just plain forgot :lol:

Anyway, we had the 12week scan last week and all looks well for Baby Paws mk2 :spit:

Hey congrats again! I remember you had your 1st just after mine. My second is due at the end of October. :spit:

After reading about Pud's announcement, it's occured ot me I've not told you all that Mrs Paws and I are expecting our 2nd baby next year.

I didn't want to say anything until we got past the 12 week mark - then just plain forgot :spit:

Anyway, we had the 12week scan last week and all looks well for Baby Paws mk2 :spit:

Hey congrats again! I remember you had your 1st just after mine. My second is due at the end of October. :spit:

Mentalists. :lol:

I didn't want to say anything until we got past the 12 week mark - then just plain forgot :lol:

Really? Nice one mate, apologies if I missed you announcing it - I didn't know. I remember when we were swapping emails about stuff I never thought I'd be talking about. Here were are again :spit:

Muslin cloths...... you.can.never.have.too.many :spit:

Many congrats Maggiespaws. I assumed from your username that this was an exciting lesbian couple/IVF scenario but it seems you're equipped with your own insemination device. Best of luck with it all anyhow.

Just seen this Steve. Fab news but can you slow down a bit cos I've not eve seen Matthew yet!

Much love to you all, and congrats to everyone else with buns in ovens. :)

And no, I'm not before anyone asks...

Just seen this Steve. Fab news but can you slow down a bit cos I've not eve seen Matthew yet!

Much love to you all, and congrats to everyone else with buns in ovens. :)

And no, I'm not before anyone asks...

aye, I know pet. Next time were all up north I promise we'll meet up. Time got too tight last time. I need to meet the little fella too :D I'd been hoping to go for a beer with pud last time too.

X

• 2 weeks later...
Congratulations everyone.

PM me any god-parent requests for consideration.

:D ....... and you an Atheist!

What will the children think?

I'm a god-parent twice over already.

I don't take atheism or religion seriously enough to refuse....and it never stopped the people from asking me. I probably live my life pretty close to what the bible would advocate I just don't do so out of a selfish desire to protect myself in an imaginary afterlife.

These people who make a point of not joining in during a church service wind me up though.

Congratulations everyone.

PM me any god-parent requests for consideration.

:D ....... and you an Atheist!

What will the children think?

I'm a god-parent twice over already.

I don't take atheism or religion seriously enough to refuse....and it never stopped the people from asking me. I probably live my life pretty close to what the bible would advocate I just don't do so out of a selfish desire to protect myself in an imaginary afterlife.

These people who make a point of not joining in during a church service wind me up though.

fairy snuff

B)