Newcastle 1-1 QPR

nortoon

I hardly said he was setting the world alight, I just disagreed with Sima's opinion he's ''fucking useless''.

Whether Ranger will grow to cut it in the top flight or even develop into a player capable of fronting a championship strike force remains to be seen.

But that was just it, it was his opinion. I don't agree with either of you tbh but I'm not calling either of you a bell-end. Except the odd video clip, I've not seen owt of him in reserve-team football (and I bet that's the case for 90% of people on here) so all I can judge him on is what he's done this season.

To me he's been distinctly average - wouldn't say fucking useless but there are far better players in his postition in this league.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hardly said he was setting the world alight, I just disagreed with Sima's opinion he's ''fucking useless''.

Whether Ranger will grow to cut it in the top flight or even develop into a player capable of fronting a championship strike force remains to be seen.

I agree with Tom on this, Ranger's showing enough to be up there with our potentials. His hold up play has been great and for his age he's had some cracking touches so far this season. Admittedly he's not the finished article but give the kid a chance, he's certainly better than a lot of players his age imo. Sima's just being a dick for a change :lol:

But that was just it, it was his opinion. I don't agree with either of you tbh but I'm not calling either of you a bell-end. Except the odd video clip, I've not seen owt of him in reserve-team football (and I bet that's the case for 90% of people on here) so all I can judge him on is what he's done this season.

To me he's been distinctly average - wouldn't say fucking useless but there are far better players in his postition in this league.

At the end of the day in the grand scheme of things we don't have many players who don't slip seamlessly into the ''distinctly average'' category.

I agree with Tom on this, Ranger's showing enough to be up there with our potentials. His hold up play has been great and for his age he's had some cracking touches so far this season. Admittedly he's not the finished article but give the kid a chance, he's certainly better than a lot of players his age imo. Sima's just being a dick for a change :lol:

To label him " fucking useless" after 8 appearances is perhaps a tad premature, no?

Didn't he get Man of the Match on his first full debut?

Mind, Sima doesn't strike me as the most positive poster on here :o , so hardly surprising.

Ranger isn't the finished article. And under normal circumstances he would not be in the first team. So I find it a tad bit harsh that when he actually showed some glimpses of talent that he is judged as if he was a finished article and a natural first team player. There is nothing to get carried away but the expectation level of some people is rather gross tbh.

So we gained 1 point (when the other results went for us) and lost two on the night. Also bear in mind our goal difference at the moment is worth another point. So why are some of us starting to slag off the team and some of the players all of a sudden? OK, fair point on Butt and hats off to CH for spotting that and having the balls to do something about it. We will have the odd bad game and i fully expected QPR to be a tough game for us. We are certainly not going to do an Arsenal and go unbeaten all season yet I still fully believe we will get automatic promotion this season.

Keep the faith guys, aside from a couple of players (one of which is thankfully out for a while now) we have a good team with players that are showing they want to play rather than the prima-donnas of last year.

Edited by the_unrepentant

Pace, good touch, decent skills, good strength, great jump and a great header. Fairly good shot on him.

He also has youth on his side and If he keeps getting into decent positions goals will come.

"Great Jump", "Great Header"?. Les Ferdinand had a "Great Jump" and "Great Header". Nile Ranger clearly hasn't.

He's fucking hopeless

He is only 18 you bellend.

Any idea where our "best centre half is since Woodgate" is at the moment?

Edited by Holden McGroin

We will have the odd bad game and i fully expected QPR to be a tough game for us. We are certainly not going to do an Arsenal and go unbeaten all season yet I still fully believe we will get automatic promotion this season.

Considering we've already lost to Blackpool I reckon you've got a point there :lol: Know what you mean though :o

Pace, good touch, decent skills, good strength, great jump and a great header. Fairly good shot on him.

He also has youth on his side and If he keeps getting into decent positions goals will come.

"Great Jump", "Great Header"?. Les Ferdinand had a "Great Jump" and "Great Header". Nile Ranger clearly hasn't.

He's fucking hopeless

I just knew that would come up. :lol:

We will have the odd bad game and i fully expected QPR to be a tough game for us. We are certainly not going to do an Arsenal and go unbeaten all season yet I still fully believe we will get automatic promotion this season.

Considering we've already lost to Blackpool I reckon you've got a point there :lol: Know what you mean though :o

I knew that would get picked up on!! Glad you saw my point though....

Are you going for full house on cliche bingo? :o

To be fair, the boy done good. its a big ask for the youngster, all we want is for him to go out there and give 110%. For a big lad he has a good touch, and his pace is deceptive.He's no big time Charlie, he just goes out and plays a game of football for 90 minutes.

He's an old fashioned forward, which is a rare thing in the modern game, and makes him a fans favourite.

Every striker has their lean spells, all he needs is a goal, but at the moment he looks sick as a parrot. He can't let his head drop, once he's scored he can put it to bed.

At the end of the day, it's a team game, if he's not getting the service he'll end supplying his own crosses.When he goes looking for the ball, there's a risk of him making a typical centre forward's tackle, and as football is a non-contact sport, he be heading for the tunnel early doors.

The manager is trying to protect him from too much expectation, but he may be about to explode on this league with a bang.

......... er , it's a game of two halfs. :lol:

He's fucking hopeless

Explain please??

who did this get said about?

He's fucking hopeless

Explain please??

After a few games, he said something along the lines of Cacapa was the best Toon centre half he'd seen for NUFC after Woodgate.

:o

Total kneejerker tbh

He's fucking hopeless

Explain please??

After a few games, he said something along the lines of Cacapa was the best Toon centre half he'd seen for NUFC after Woodgate.

:o

Total kneejerker tbh

ooooh :scratchchin:

Guest Stevie

He's fucking hopeless

I just knew that would come up. :D

Explain please??

:icon_lol:

Total kneejerker tbh

:icon_lol: The kid is clueless, did the words inspired signing and Geremi not crop up in the same sentence with him too?

Last night, I thought Jose Enrique and Guthrie had two of their worst ever games for the toon, everything they did turned to pish, and the harder they tried the worse it got. It's not that hard to strike a decent dead ball, but it was so bad the lads round me were shouting for Geremi. All in all we can't win every week and QPR were a very composed team, but I was very disappointed.

I've got a feeling in my water that this will be a 1-1 draw. Don't know why, just do.

If only I'd put my money where my mouth is sometimes!

Quick overview; I didn't think we were any worse than we have been, they were just quick and positive (fair play to them) which exposed how slow and narrow we are as a side. Carroll and Ranger had one to forget, Guthrie can't take penalties and his confidence appeared to hit rock bottom after he missed. Just a word on Nicky Butt, I've always liked him and thought he gets a little bit more stick that he deserves, but the game totally passed him by and I think there's something seriously wrong with him. Whether it's a phyiscal thing or he's just lost the plot mentally he looks totally off the pace.

I've got a feeling in my water that this will be a 1-1 draw. Don't know why, just do.

Quick overview; I didn't think we were any worse than we have been, they were just quick and positive (fair play to them) which exposed how slow and narrow we are as a side. Carroll and Ranger had one to forget, Guthrie can't take penalties and his confidence appeared to hit rock bottom after he missed. Just a word on Nicky Butt, I've always liked him and thought he gets a little bit more stick that he deserves, but the game totally passed him by and I think there's something seriously wrong with him. Whether it's a phyiscal thing or he's just lost the plot mentally he looks totally off the pace.

I think the term you are looking for is "over the hill"

I think the term you are looking for is "over the hill"

I think you're probably right, but it seems like during the summer his body went 'naaaaah'

Howay now, don't misquote the lad.

Agreed, they're doing him a disservice.

"Cacapa easily the best defender I have ever seen in a Newcastle shirt. That includes Woodgate tbh"

:D

"Cacapa easily the best defender I have ever seen in a Newcastle shirt. That includes Woodgate tbh"

:D

Is that the exact quote?

Edited by Holden McGroin

:icon_lol:

Is that the exact quote?

Aye :D