Pompy are soooooo fucked!

dbsweeney

Portsmouth in dire straights after Peter Storrie admits cash has run out

• Owner Sulaiman al-Fahim in search for new backers

• Players and three board members have not been paid

Portsmouth's owner, Sulaiman al-Fahim, will this weekend make a desperate attempt to attract fresh finance to the club after the chief executive, Peter Storrie, admitted "there is no money left".

The move comes after another turbulent day at Portsmouth on which they were forced to admit that their first-team squad and executive board, including Storrie, had not been paid September's wages. The club rely on Fahim to pay those salaries but the owner has not yet delivered the £50m which he last week promised to provide within a month.

At the weekend Fahim will meet representatives of two Saudi-based businessmen, the Faraj brothers, who were the leading members of the consortium fronted by Storrie which tried to buy the club this summer.

"All the money from all the player transfers and the Sky TV money – all of the £35m from January – has gone straight to the Standard Bank," Storrie said yesterday, referring to Portsmouth's need to pay off a sizeable debt with the South African bank. "There is no money left."

Unless something happens very soon in a Man City-type way, they are fucked.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stevie
No sympathy for Pompy i'm afraid. I thought this rag head who took over was meant to be loaded ?

If that were me.......

Anyway, if Portsmouth went down the leagues I'd be pleased, they are a tiny, tiny club with mouthy fans, who have avoided the truth for 6 years i.e. punching well, well, well above their weight. One of the most annoying myths in football is they have good fans, their fans are shit and there's not many of them.

I've been saying for years that the fuckers whould have been relegated for making no serious attempt to upgrade/build a decent ground (see also Fulham) so I hope they go tits up.

(Even their current ground plans are all EU money based)

No sympathy for Pompy i'm afraid. I thought this rag head who took over was meant to be loaded ?

If that were me.......

Anyway, if Portsmouth went down the leagues I'd be pleased, they are a tiny, tiny club with mouthy fans, who have avoided the truth for 6 years i.e. punching well, well, well above their weight. One of the most annoying myths in football is they have good fans, their fans are shit and there's not many of them.

to be fair, there aren't many of them but their home fans make a lot of noise, a rarity these days.

just out of interest, are there any sets of supporters from other clubs that you have anything good to say about?

If that were me.......

:D

As amply illustrated elsewhere, fuck all would be said.

Fred Dineage will be turning in his grave.

I was on their forum a while back and it was interesting to see that many of their fans were very accepting of all of this and satisfied that they'd won the FA cup and had good players in recent years which many of them thought they would never see.

If that were me.......

You'd get the same treatment from me as 2Bias is now getting.

2Bias - check your PM's