Takeover on track!

Flair

Mike Ashley, bought Newcastle in 2007 for £134.4m but has been totally fucking clueless during time in charge of the club following his purchase culminating in their relegation from the Premier League last season.

FTP

Guest Stevie
Mike Ashley, bought Newcastle in 2007 for £134.4m but has been totally fucking clueless during time in charge of the club following his purchase culminating in their relegation from the Premier League last season.

FTP

FTQ

Quite. All MA has to do is make it past the transfer window and hope we get promoted. If we do then he will likely stick the price up being a Premiership club. they hey ho, back to square 1.

Im not all that eager for Moat to take over tbh. If he cant afford it unless the bank lends him £25mil then how are we gona buy anyone if we get promoted?

If we get promoted the club will be worth a hell of a lot more than he bought it for so I am sure he could attract some investment.

Im not all that eager for Moat to take over tbh. If he cant afford it unless the bank lends him £25mil then how are we gona buy anyone if we get promoted?

At the end of the day, we have zero chance of fat lad buying us some players so its a gamble I'd be willing to take, plus you never know he may just have some useful offer of a cash injection from a local source :ninja:

Yeah but that would only help us for 1 transfer window. What then?

We try a spend wisely from now on...

With pud on this one. Of course I would rather be a man city fan at the moment. But I would rather have someone trying to run the club as a football club.

Yeah but that would only halp us for 1 transfer window. What then?

Fuck me you're mister pessimistic today aintcha?

A cash injection of say 30 or 40 million would strengthen the squad significantly, as long as its done wisely then we'd not be stung with ridiculous wages and would have money left over.

As we'd be in the Prem then theres the increased ticket sales, merchandising and the all important Sky money.

We moaned when we went down that we were losing 30m per season well, if we can get ourselves on an even footing then a good chunk of that recouped 30m would see us ok.

Once NRs sponsorship is over then, again because we'd be a Prem club then we'd get a good new deal from someone else.

No I just think youre too close to it all and cant see the wood for the trees. Maintaining a football club these days takes more than a few local business men putting a few million each in. Look at the outlay the top 6 or 7 have spent recently, and I include Sunderland in that. City, Spurs, Liverpool, Man U, Chelsea, Villa.

edit - the TV money and parachute payments, coupled with the loss of Owen, Viduka, Martins, Duff, Beye, Given from the wage bill should see us earning more this year than we did last

Edited by Kid Dynamite

No I just think youre too close to it all and cant see the wood for the trees. Maintaining a football club these days takes more than a few local business men putting a few million each in. Look at the outlay the top 6 or 7 have spent recently, and I include Sunderland in that. City, Spurs, Liverpool, Man U, Chelsea, Villa.

edit - the TV money and parachute payments, coupled with the loss of Owen, Viduka, Martins, Duff, Beye, Given from the wage bill should see us earning more this year than we did last

Dont get me wrong, I know exactly what you mean but I think the days of us hoping for a billionaire are long gone. Yes there may be one two or three years down the line appear but at the moment we dont have that luxury.

Would you rather wait around under the leadership of the Keystone Kops or have it sold to someone who "hopefully" will run it properly and get us sitting somewhere in the Prem season on season making us more likely for either additonal investment or a further sale to one of these lovely billionaires.

Personally, I worry about the billionaire bit, someday sometime they will get bored and move onto the next plaything, where will that leave Chelsea, Man City and the likes?

Dont get me wrong, I know exactly what you mean but I think the days of us hoping for a billionaire are long gone. Yes there may be one two or three years down the line appear but at the moment we dont have that luxury.

Would you rather wait around under the leadership of the Keystone Kops or have it sold to someone who "hopefully" will run it properly and get us sitting somewhere in the Prem season on season making us more likely for either additonal investment or a further sale to one of these lovely billionaires.

Personally, I worry about the billionaire bit, someday sometime they will get bored and move onto the next plaything, where will that leave Chelsea, Man City and the likes?

What Pud said.

The facts are we are being run into the ground by a bunch of wide boys and charlatans. He has made it clear there's no more investment. I'd much rather take a chance with the "local business men" and supporters trust than stay with the current lot- that's only going one way.

The days of flinging £10 million on this player and £12 million on that are long gone for the foreseeable future.

Better to have someone with lesser resources initially but the nous to realise we essentially need to start again. Develop our own players etc.

Granted there are no guarantees that Moat that person, but the alternative of Fatty staying around fiddling whilst NUFC burns is just too awful to think about.

Hopefully in the shit.

It would be typical Man City if they spend a fortune and win fuck all too. The fans are funny as fuck, just along for the ride.

They probably had had the same attitude going into a league one game as they do a premier league one now.