Scunthorpe United 2-1 Newcastle United

Marko

Is there any team news ahead of the game? I'd be tempted to start with Jonas instead of Lovenkrands who did practically nothing against Forest.The front line needs a look as well, Harewood needs dropping to the bench after that performance

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NUFC: to follow...Fabricio Coloccini (groin) and Steven Taylor (hamstring) are to be sidelined again, after both missing the defeat at Forest. Unconfirmed claims suggest that Taylor could be out for another 4-6 weeks.

Shola Ameobi (ankle) and Joey Barton (foot) are on the longer-term casualty list. Alan Smith goes into this game one booking away from a suspension, after accruing four yellow cards so far (plus two in the same game against Cardiff, for which he's already served a one game ban).

From .COM

I'm at that low point now where part of me wants to get beat so that ashleys prem cash register eyes stop spinning.

You are going through what everybody who didn't hang on Redheughs lies went through ages ago :(

I'm at that low point now where part of me wants to get beat so that ashleys prem cash register eyes stop spinning.

You are going through what everybody who didn't hang on Redheughs lies went through ages ago :(

:lol:

from the scunny site:

Midfielder Michael O'Connor will miss Tuesday night's home game with Newcastle United after picking up his fifth booking of the season in the 3-1 home win over Sheffield United.

He was shown yellow cards in the clashes with Middlesbrough, Sheffield Wednesday, Bristol City and Doncaster earlier in the campaign too.

The club learnt on Monday afternoon that there is now a new ruling in place which means the player misses the next game as opposed to waiting seven days.

The Northern Ireland international will be back for Saturday's trip to Peterborough United.

I can't believe how grim things have got. I'm checking the Scunthorpe United website for team news, and being chuffed that a player i've never heard of is banned.

---Harper---

---Raylor---Simpson---Khizanishvili---Enrique---

---Guthrie---Butt---Smith---Jonas---

-------------Nolan-------------------

---------------Carroll----------------

:(

Scrappy 1-0 away win.

I wouldn't be too unhappy with that. 4-5-1 was getting us results. 4-4-2 has made us look less effective.

Looking at the table and current form and they should be an easier proposition than Forest were. No reason why we can't get a positive result imo. We need a better 1st half performance than Saturday though.

---Harper---

---Raylor---Simpson---Khizanishvili---Enrique---

---Guthrie---Butt---Smith---Jonas---

-------------Nolan-------------------

---------------Carroll----------------

:(

Scrappy 1-0 away win.

I wouldn't be too unhappy with that. 4-5-1 was getting us results. 4-4-2 has made us look less effective.

That what I have but with no butt and old man Geremi.

Looking at the table and current form and they should be an easier proposition than Forest were. No reason why we can't get a positive result imo. We need a better 1st half performance than Saturday though.

Thing is that they will raise their game because it is against Newcastle, just as any other supposedly inferior team will do. The game should be won, but I fear it won't.

Thing is that they will raise their game because it is against Newcastle, just as any other supposedly inferior team will do. The game should be won, but I fear it won't.

True enough I suppose.

The bookies have us down for a win - see the Championship preview, but I'm a little wary about tonight.

Hughton has yet to prove himself in terms of turning round sides in trouble - his record as caretaker boss up untill the start of this season was very poor - and we are erring on the edge of trouble.

Scunthorpe also picked up a good win against Sheff Utd at the weekend and have home advantage.

Bearing in mind recent matches I would take a draw if it was partnered by a good performance.

We need to come at them and lash their bollocks. For a supposed "Premier League quality" side, we've often looked totally ineffective away from home, save Ipswich.

If we score 1st, easy win. If they score 1st, nervy draw.

---Couldn't---

---Give---Two---Shits---Just---

---Going---Through---The---Motion---

-------------Apathy-------------------

---------------Sucks----------------

:lol:

Scrappy 1-0 away win.

FYP.

I've got the beach ball ready lads 'n lassies :(

Edited by B&Wsy