NUFC not for sale + Hughton awarded 18 month deal

Dr Kenneth Noisewater

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CT,

Let's get something straight here, it's two days since the announcement was made. We've spoken to the press when asked and made it clear that the proposals are not welcomed.

There's no rush here, why dive in headfirst and make rash decisions without weighing up all the possible routes, the ramifications of each and deciding on a course of action that will be effective.

In the early days our big fault was that we didn't take time to plan and assess. We were rightly slaughtered for that, now we think about things sensibly and make proper informed decisions and you slag us for it.

Things are happening they're just being deliberated properly

Personally I have decided that it's not for me and will be cancelling my membership today.

If NUST don't take any action outside of "Lets try to buy the club" then I will hand my membership card in.

That's cemented it for me - i'm staying regardless of what happens.

Good for you sport, the organisation need as many strong willed types as they can get. :nah:

No wonder you're not staying, you flip flopping, contradicting cunt.

Taxi for one please!

CT,

Let's get something straight here, it's two days since the announcement was made. We've spoken to the press when asked and made it clear that the proposals are not welcomed.

There's no rush here, why dive in headfirst and make rash decisions without weighing up all the possible routes, the ramifications of each and deciding on a course of action that will be effective.

In the early days our big fault was that we didn't take time to plan and assess. We were rightly slaughtered for that, now we think about things sensibly and make proper informed decisions and you slag us for it.

Pud, tell me where to send the ten quid just to get rid of him.

If I make it twenty can you forward his email to Fop? :nah:

Personally I have decided that it's not for me and will be cancelling my membership today.

If NUST don't take any action outside of "Lets try to buy the club" then I will hand my membership card in.

That's cemented it for me - i'm staying regardless of what happens.

Good for you sport, the organisation need as many strong willed types as they can get. <_<

Gan buy a pub :nah:

Edited by Ketsbaia

You know, what pisses me off is the sheer ignorance that some people have when they come out with the whole "But Mike Ashley's giving Hughton a £20m war chest to get you promoted"...

.... AAaaAaaarrRRRrrrrgggGGGggHhhHhHhhhh!!! NO HE FUCKING ISN'T!!! How fucking braindead are these imbaciles??? Jesus fucking Christ.

I think this paragraph from .COM needs ramming doing the throats of those who believe Hughton is being handed £20m for players:

There's no mention there of what that amount is for, but Monday's Daily Telegraph predicted that:

"....Ashley intends to hang onto the club in the hope that they gain automatic promotion. If he does remain in charge he is likely to have to write off at least another £20m to cover projected losses this season."

Enough said.

CT,

Seriously good luck with it. As a Newcastle fan I hope you succeed, I just have no faith in the organisation following the route they have taken. I think they have put all there eggs in the pension basket and are now too paralysed by the need to "look credible" that all other avenues have been closed down.

The forum has been up and running for several weeks yet despite numerous requests from numerous members for protests to be stepped up, nothing has happened.

There have been many ideas suggested by all sorts of people but again, no action.

Re-acting to a phone call from a journalist is not enough.

This cunt of a man has fucked off Keegan, Fucked off Shearer, Fucked off the fans and now wants to fuck off St James.

The time for niceties should be over and a period of proper protests should be organised.

"They wont work"........"Bigger Picture".........Thats what we hear these days.

Thats fine, but not for me and I guess not for many others when renewal time comes around (which is a shame).

I've joined, I've criticised, I've suggested and now I've left.

Good Luck

Are you for protests now then?

Edited by alex

The thing that makes me think the 20m is another blatant lie is that given the reduction in the wage bill and the amount from transfers last summer and the crowds this year, I honestly can't see how another large loss is projected.

The only way it adds up in my view is if he has taken money out on the sly.

The thing that makes me think the 20m is another blatant lie is that given the reduction in the wage bill and the amount from transfers last summer and the crowds this year, I honestly can't see how another large loss is projected.

Aye, that sounds about right. Another way of looking at it is there was this £20m bill hanging over the club which explains the patter about the price now being £80m. I.e. £80m but another £20m needs paying as soon as you buy the club.

I'd be interested to see where the money for the Milner (£12m), Given (£5-8m), N'Zogbia (£6m), Duff (£4m), Bassong (£10), Martins (£9m) and Beye (£2m), all of which we were meant to have started receiving this summer, has went.

I'm just wondering CT because you claim you've left NUSC because they were ignoring calls for protests yet last night you admitted you thought protests wouldn't work. Quality argument there.

Edited by alex

Cunt owners come and go. Barring unfortunate incidents I'll be alive another 40 or 50 years. I'm 99% certain that I will live to see Ashley out of my club. His heart's not in it like mine is. There's no need to boycott or come up with the money to buy him out. Until he does fuck off I'll complain about the fat fucker and give him a load of shit while I'm there, but no way will I stop going.

I'm just wondering CT because you claim you've left NUSC because they were ignoring calls for protests yet last night you admitted you thought protests wouldn't work. Quality argument there.

I hate to think of you sitting there wondering so I'll explain. <_<

Would I have liked NUST to organise protests yes

Do I think NUST and most fans are too apathetic to make protests work yes

Would I still like to see protests take place yes

Do I think if apathy wasnt around, protests would work yes

Right, so you've left because you wanted them to organise something you've said you didn't think would work. That's what I thought you were saying anyway :nah:

If my theory from July was correct (and I've seen nothing to suggest otherwise), he's just putting back into the club some of the money he took out at the end of the season.

The £40m overdraft only appeared at the end of last season. I've always thought it was money he took from Barclays to cover some of the cash he'd put into the club.

He then set about selling players and using that cash to reduce the overdraft.

He took £24m in player sales in the close season, so there's still £16m+ of the overdarft outstanding.

He's now putting back £20m of the £40m he took out of the club in May/June in order to avoid charges on the overdraft.

I hate to think of you sitting there wondering so I'll explain. :nah:

Would I have liked NUST to organise protests yes

Do I think NUST and most fans are too apathetic to make protests work yes

Would I still like to see protests take place yes

Do I think if apathy wasnt around, protests would work yes

have we said protests are not an option? no

have you read my post? yes

have you understood my post? no

Aye, that sounds about right. Another way of looking at it is there was this £20m bill hanging over the club which explains the patter about the price now being £80m. I.e. £80m but another £20m needs paying as soon as you buy the club.

The reduction in the overdraft?

The reduction in the overdraft?

Aye, of course. Good thinking.

There was a lot of shit that Barclays were "happy" with the overdraft for Ashly but not for Moat - in that case why pay it off?

(Unless the charges were ruinous which is possible I suppose)

There was a lot of shit that Barclays were "happy" with the overdraft for Ashly but not for Moat - in that case why pay it off?

It seems ridiculous that a man who initially wanted to reduce the debt to zero would operate such a huge overdraft.

The only reason behind it could be that he wanted the new owners to have to deal with it, which suggests to me that he had decided to put us up for sale long before relegation.

Can I just say, regarding protests.

Ashley sits in the directors box during home games. during this time there are occassional chants directed at him. He sits, with his fat smug fucking face for whatever reason. He doesnt react to chants, he doesnt even react when we score any more. Notice he doesn't wear his club top anymore either? As I've said in previous posts, he couldnt give a fuck about me, you, the club, the city. NUFC is a business transaction to him. Its about money, no more, no less.

The press have ripped him to shreds about his time at our club. He has had it from all quarters and yet is still prepared to sit there week in week out.

So, with that in mind, just what exactly do you suppose he would do if fans protested? If 10,000 if us walked from Eldon Square to the ground with our misspelled banners and quirky wit? Do you really think it would push him into a corner and admit defeat? Really?

Even if 10% of us do buy from his shops, will he really miss that? Would he even notice?

The only way I think he would sit up and take notice is if the attendance for a game was ZERO, absolute ZERO. Then it would have to be a cup game as season tickets have already been paid for.

Would that ever happen? No. We'd maybe get a low attendance, but never zero or even low enough to make him sit and take note.

Personally, I think a sensible approach to make him take notice is a swift kick in the bollocks. :nah:

It seems ridiculous that a man who initially wanted to reduce the debt to zero would operate such a huge overdraft.

The only reason behind it could be that he wanted the new owners to have to deal with it, which suggests to me that he had decided to put us up for sale long before relegation.

He could get a £40m overdraft as a premier league club. He wouldn't have been able to do that as a championship club.

He expected to reduce the overdraft once the transfer window opened either way and he was unwilling to put any more of his own money into the club.

It makes financial interest for him to pay off the remainder that wasn't covered by player sales and reduce interest payments to zero. I think that was his plan whether we stayed up or went down, whether he sold or not.

Newcastle United to renegotiate sponsor deals

Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley has unveiled plans to rename St James' Park after failing to sell the club and adidas have been made favourites to sponsor the famous North-East stadium next season.

adidas-stadium-newcastle.jpg

The club, in a statement, also revealed the kit deal with Adidas will expire at the end of the campaign, as well as the sponsorship of Northern Rock.

The statement read: "Newcastle United now aims to move forward on and off the pitch."

"The club aims to maximise its commercial revenues; this includes renegotiating its club sponsor and kit deal, which expire at the end of this season, as well as welcoming offers for the stadium naming rights for next season," revealed a Magpies statement.

Ladbrokes quote the giant sportswear firm at just 2/1 to step in, with Carling 4/1, 02 7/1, Vodafone 8/1 and Barclays, Nike and Coca-Cola all available at 10/1.

The news comes as the club’s owner and Sports Direct founder Mike Ashley announced that it had taken the club off the market after a consortium led by local businessman Barry Moat has failed to meet the £80m asking price.

Ashley has been trying to offload the club since September 2008 when he first put it up for sale. He withdrew it soon after but put it back on the market following the club’s relegation from The Premier League in May.

Source: http://www.footballshirtculture.com/sponso...nsor-deals.html

If it is adidas, it'll surely will be 'The adidas arena' rather than stadium....

The other thing I foresee is 2J warming to the idea. :nah: