NUFC not for sale + Hughton awarded 18 month deal

Dr Kenneth Noisewater

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newcastle United to renegotiate sponsor deals

Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley has unveiled plans to rename St James' Park after failing to sell the club and adidas have been made favourites to sponsor the famous North-East stadium next season.

adidas-stadium-newcastle.jpg

The club, in a statement, also revealed the kit deal with Adidas will expire at the end of the campaign, as well as the sponsorship of Northern Rock.

The statement read: "Newcastle United now aims to move forward on and off the pitch."

"The club aims to maximise its commercial revenues; this includes renegotiating its club sponsor and kit deal, which expire at the end of this season, as well as welcoming offers for the stadium naming rights for next season," revealed a Magpies statement.

Ladbrokes quote the giant sportswear firm at just 2/1 to step in, with Carling 4/1, 02 7/1, Vodafone 8/1 and Barclays, Nike and Coca-Cola all available at 10/1.

The news comes as the club’s owner and Sports Direct founder Mike Ashley announced that it had taken the club off the market after a consortium led by local businessman Barry Moat has failed to meet the £80m asking price.

Ashley has been trying to offload the club since September 2008 when he first put it up for sale. He withdrew it soon after but put it back on the market following the club’s relegation from The Premier League in May.

Source: http://www.footballshirtculture.com/sponso...nsor-deals.html

If it is adidas, it'll surely will be 'The adidas arena' rather than stadium....

The other thing I foresee is 2J warming to the idea. :nah:

It's criminal that we have Adidas sponsoring us and they haven't released any decent retro gear at all.

Cunt owners come and go. Barring unfortunate incidents I'll be alive another 40 or 50 years. I'm 99% certain that I will live to see Ashley out of my club. His heart's not in it like mine is. There's no need to boycott or come up with the money to buy him out. Until he does fuck off I'll complain about the fat fucker and give him a load of shit while I'm there, but no way will I stop going.

Good lad, that's my stance too.

Cunt owners come and go. Barring unfortunate incidents I'll be alive another 40 or 50 years. I'm 99% certain that I will live to see Ashley out of my club. His heart's not in it like mine is. There's no need to boycott or come up with the money to buy him out. Until he does fuck off I'll complain about the fat fucker and give him a load of shit while I'm there, but no way will I stop going.

Good lad, that's my stance too.

Thirded. Despite the results and shit being hoyed our way by the clowns up there, I still love going to the match. I meet up with the same lads I have done for lyears and we have a canny piss up, and there's no arrogant cockney prick making shite after shite decisions going to stop me. Despite the circus, the football season and going to the match is one of the things that keep me sane.

Edited by sweetleftpeg

And this is why a boycott of games will not work.

Its one thing to ask people to forego their pie n pint. Not buy a scarf or shirt and drink elsewhere before the game but its an entirely different one to ask them to stop actually going to the game. Its a way of life, its ingrained in us and nobody can blame anyone for that.

Sometimes however for the greater good then sacrifices have to be made. If it came down to it and we knew that a full scale boycott was on the cards then we'd need to make that difficult decision.

I think it was J69 last year that came up with the best compromise for a boycott, miss a game when its on the telly. Arrange it properly well in advance and get pubs all over the place to put on food, reduce the price of drinks and give stuff away to anyone with a season ticket in their hand say 20 minutes in.

That way nobody misses the game, people gain some beer/scran/whatever out of it and we turn it into a party atmosphere.

Then at the end of the game we all rush the ground and hang the fat fucker.

Only joking :nah:

we stab him.

lol what a card I am <_<

burn him at the stake then hang him. <_<

I think it was J69 last year that came up with the best compromise for a boycott, miss a game when its on the telly. Arrange it properly well in advance and get pubs all over the place to put on food, reduce the price of drinks and give stuff away to anyone with a season ticket in their hand say 20 minutes in.

That way nobody misses the game, people gain some beer/scran/whatever out of it and we turn it into a party atmosphere.

If NUST had its own really really big pub then this would be a doddle pud.

Edited by trophyshy

We're all too used to watching stuff and not participating. We're the lamest of the lame as a generation.

I'm no different btw.

You might enjoy this:

Edited by Asprilla

NUST are a curious lot , they hover between proactive genius ( fans buying a stake in the club / the club) ...to the reactive/passive/ dumb ie A petition.

Also they issue statements like "Its not about Ashley out ...its about Newcastle fans in " ...IT FUCKIN WELL IS ABOUT ASHLEY OUT ! Honestly , people had more spunk in the days of Mckeag / Seymour , weve become 52, 000 + zombies , unable to think for ourselves , demanding nothing , and getting nothing in return, except the latest wheeze from Ashley & co which amounts to being shat on .Personally , i dont like being shat on , i wont stand for it , i have too much self respect. That is why i havent been back since Keegan left and wont go back till Ashley leaves . Maybe other fans like their noses being rubbed in the shit , maybe they just dont have the stones to deny themselves the season ticket ( i lost the thick end of 500 quid last season , thanks to principles)...Fans now , are in the same position as some pathetic battered wife , bloodied and bruised , raped on occasion , but lacking the moral courage , the willpower , to stand up for themselves , and leave,. Until they do , nothing will change ...welcome to the future.

Thanks CT im assuming youre an old git like me ( 40s )and can remember similar times to today ( tho even Mckeag & co or even friggin Lord Westwood wouldnt have dared sell the fuckin name of the stadium !)

Stiva ...step aside kiddo , there are fuckin adults on here now , so run along , you little prick : )

I'll be fucked if I ever call the ground anything but st james.

Why does fat mike keep making all these ridiculous press statements? Either sell , or don't ( though obviously sell), just stop it with this "I'm selling, I'm kepping" bullshit. It's obvious that it's still for sale you disgusting cockney twatface

What they mean , is nothings going to stop them drinking at the match with their mates on a saturday ...the team / club hardly comes into it for those people ...NUFC is just a convenient backdrop to get pissed to on a weekend. Well FUCK THEM RIGHT IN THE EYE , they dont fuckin fool me .

Thanks CT im assuming youre an old git like me ( 40s )and can remember similar times to today ( tho even Mckeag & co or even friggin Lord Westwood wouldnt have dared sell the fuckin name of the stadium !)

Stiva ...step aside kiddo , there are fuckin adults on here now , so run along , you little prick : )

ah, so you're a total wanker as well as a total idiot. Might as well complete the set.

You know kids , in life , theres only one way to address a problem ..thats guaranteed to work ..every single time ...without fail. What you do is ...you look the problem square in the eye ...and then ...YOU KICK ITS FUCKIN TEETH DOWN ITS THROAT!

Little hint ...Ashley IS the problem...

1zptc1y.png

TU's form of protest for Peterborough is going to be staying inside the stadium after FT.

However, unofficially fans will gather outside St James' before and maybe after the match - which I'd like to add that we'll be 100% behind or any other kind of mass protest.

Edited by 1892

ah, so you're a total wanker as well as a total idiot. Might as well complete the set.

Ok , ill let that one slide , youre only a 19 year old kid ..and you dont know anything just yet ...give yourself another 20 odd years or so ..then maybe we can talk ..until then youre just staring at your own reflection kiddo ...have fun getting raped by Ashley : )

Creep

Oooh stop it now ...youre scaring me : )

Did your mum give you some help in writing that response ? : )

ok...if you want a sensible question from someone of roughly your own age, what do you think the effect on the football club in general and on Ashley in particular of a widespread crowd boycott (say crowds down to say around 20k,roughly the mid eighties average attendance) for the rest of this season and for all of next season?

Creep

Oooh stop it now ...youre scaring me : )

Did your mum give you some help in writing that response ? : )

Not at all, you boring old bastard : )

Oooh look readers ..his dads pitched in to help as well ... i hope your homework reads a lot better than this kiddo ..the economy is knackered for the next few years and you'll struggle to get a job as a toilet attendant with literacy skills as limited as this : )