NUFC not for sale + Hughton awarded 18 month deal

Dr Kenneth Noisewater

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Ashley is 'totally committed'to Newcastle United,smacks of Frank Zappa's Joe's Garage,'totally commited to the fifty bucks'.

Zappa references, in this thread? I'm impressed.

Is Ashley the Central Scrutinizer?

Dear Chris

Thank you for your e-mail. As Paul Robertson is away from the office I am responding in his absence.

The paper's view is that the regime of Mike Ashley is utterly discredited and it would be in the best interests of the club for it to be sold.

Unfortunately, this has not happened.

We have been heavily critical of them since the fiasco over Keegan with consistent, hard-hitting pieces as comment in the name of the Chronicle and its writers.

I refer you to the front page headlines - Get out of Toon, Complete Shambles, What a Mess and How could You let this happen to our club (on relegation) to name just a few of the Chronicle front pages in the past 12 months.

Both John Gibson and Lee Ryder have done articles fiercely criticising the regime. This stance will continue, given Ashley's decision to take the club off the market and, particularly, his crass decision to offer the naming rights to St James's Park.

At the same time we have to reflect on the job Chris Hughton and the players are doing - to be top of the league in the current situation is some achievement. Considering this, it is counter-productive to have a go at the regime every single day and what the Chronicle wants is for Newcastle United to succeed on the pitch.

We would also wish to bring good news from within Newcastle United but such is the crisis brought on by the mismanagement at the club, it has been in short supply. No newspapers or broadcast media have covered the goings-on in as much depth as the Chronicle and its sister papers, or with as much inside knowledge from contacts within and outside the club who are equally dismayed at the way it is being run.

Once again thanks for your comments and I can assure you we will continue to cover Newcastle United in depth and reflect the views of the fans through all our titles.

Yours sincerely

Chris Styles

Executive Editor – Evening Chronicle

Fair play

"done articles" - no wonder Oliver kept his job despite writing like a four year old, if this bloke is editing his stuff.

Good on Chis I wish him well and hope the he can keep us top and up to the premiership.

Not even going to bother commenting on the rest. :nah:

I noticed he didn’t even get an extension on his old contract that still had 18 months to run anyway.

Was the club forced into the announcement as he’d been doing the job for 6 months anyway?

Not sure why I doubt the intentions of Ashley & Co like!

It seems odd that nothing has been heard today from Barry Moat.

I could understand his silence while he was trying to buy the club, but now Ashley has taken down the for sale signs you would have thought he may have had something to say about the past few months.

As I said before they are in cahoots.

I could understand his silence while he was trying to buy the club, but now Ashley has taken down the for sale signs you would have thought he may have had something to say about the past few months.

depends on the legal standing of the non disclosure.

or, last nights press release was an attempt to force any bidders to show their intentions.

Time will tell, but I’m not going to hold my breath.

As I said before they are in cahoots.

I said that months ago and got laughed at! Hes best mates with Ashley FFS!

You know, what pisses me off is the sheer ignorance that some people have when they come out with the whole "But Mike Ashley's giving Hughton a £20m war chest to get you promoted"...

.... AAaaAaaarrRRRrrrrgggGGGggHhhHhHhhhh!!! NO HE FUCKING ISN'T!!! How fucking braindead are these imbaciles??? Jesus fucking Christ.

606 Spackers

How patronising and ignorant some opposition fans can be is unreal.

We have to be patient and grateful to Ashley because we have never been any good and we have never won anything and we are just an average championship side etc etc...

This is why protests etc will never ever work (as much as id like them too) because most fans move on and very quickly look forward to the next match.

So you're now saying protests won't work :nah:

This is why protests etc will never ever work (as much as id like them too) because most fans move on and very quickly look forward to the next match.

Protests wont work because of the sheer apathy of the majority (as well you and most others know).

Apathy rules although i would love to be proved wrong in the next few days.

See what happens when the NUSC lot surface

I wouldn't really argue with that logic. I was laughing at the self-contradiction.

Protests wont work because of the sheer apathy of the majority (as well you and most others know).

Apathy rules although i would love to be proved wrong in the next few days.

See what happens when the NUSC lot surface

I wouldn't really argue with that logic. I was laughing at the self-contradiction.

Too right, sometimes CT you really need to review what you've written over the last few months.

Time after time you've shouted that the NUST should be protesting, you've done it here, on the NUST board and no doubt to anyone sitting in the back of your cab.

Time after time Ive told you why we werent, time after time Ive told you that among other things apathy will just end up winning.

Thanks for your email to the Leader of the Council, Guy. He's away in London today but I thought I could reply on his behalf by sharing with you the statement that I made to the media today:

"Whilst I understand the need to maximise sponsorship income, some things are more important than money. The name St James' Park is synonymous with Newcastle United Football Club, has been for over 100 years, and absolutely must stay."

Regards

David Faulkner

Deputy Leader

Newcastle City Council

Personally I have decided that it's not for me and will be cancelling my membership today.

That's enough for me.

Pud, I'd like to sign up for another two or three memberships please.

CT fuck off back under the PR contract you rode into toontastic on.

Fop has more cred than you'll ever walter mitty up.