NUFC not for sale + Hughton awarded 18 month deal

Dr Kenneth Noisewater

If any of the "older lads" (Ive just turned 40 btw) can explain to me how reducing the income of the club by mass boycott will get rid of a man who is desperate to squeeze as much as possible out of this club then Id be interested to hear it.

Reducing the clubs income now will give him even more excuse to sell the naming rights, theres no ifs and buts about it. He makes out we need x millions to survive, if by protest we then need x + y millions then he has the excuse he wants. It becomes our fault that the rights have been sold.

Reducing the income will result in the following:

Sale of players in January

No new players purchased

more staff cuts

potential relegation

naming rights sold

Now I know that points 1 and 2 are inevitable anyway but when the time comes he has no excuses, its not the fans fault its his.

People seem to think that because the NUST has not called for x protest to happen or hasnt organised anything substantial then its because we have no interest in doing so. Thats not the case, at least some of us do. There is no way that the ST will stand by and let that happen not without a damn big fight but at the same time (and I feel like Im just repeating myself here) we're not going to just rush out, rip up bedsheets and organise a march that only 200 people turn up for.

It wont happen because it would be political suicide and more importantly wouldnt gain the desired result. The plans would still go ahead but we wouldnt have a credible organisation to stand up for the next thing.

My view is that the ST will be doing whatever it can to stop this happening, there are however a number of avenues to be explored and its the sensible reasoned solution that will win the day. Boycoutt banners will attract SSN and the inevitable shit that goes with it. Marches with nobody turning up will pour more ridicule on the fans.

Enlisting the help of big names, finding out if theres any legal avenues, enlisting the help of football fans the country (if not the world) wide to ensure its made clear that any company taking this offer up will see their revenues drop etc are all more sensible and worthwhile. If not then we still have protest as the fall back option.

The simple fact of life is that theres no reason to rush out and protest today, hes stated that hes going to do this, its not done overnight, it will be months before anything is progressed (and if his recent form on the sale of the club is anything to go by then we dont need worry tbh).

On that logic, what harm is there in spending a few days exploring the options before making a decision?

Pure Shite tbh, sadly

He's given a reasoned arguement as to why he doesn't agree with you and that's your comeback?

And then you wonder why people have the opinion of you that they do CT :D

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Craig ; Its not a reasoned argument ... its an excuse for doing nothing ... and its a confused excuse at that. When Adolf invaded Poland ..Churchill didnt say "Wait and see" ....Honestly this is like an old Bill Hicks routine with the massed ranks of NUFC fans kneeling before Ashleys smelly cock ...

Ashley to crowd "SUCK ASHLEYS COCK!!!"

Guest Eleven Donkeys
If any of the "older lads" (Ive just turned 40 btw) can explain to me how reducing the income of the club by mass boycott will get rid of a man who is desperate to squeeze as much as possible out of this club then Id be interested to hear it.

Reducing the clubs income now will give him even more excuse to sell the naming rights, theres no ifs and buts about it. He makes out we need x millions to survive, if by protest we then need x + y millions then he has the excuse he wants. It becomes our fault that the rights have been sold.

No new players purchased

more staff cuts

potential relegation

naming rights sold

Now I know that points 1 and 2 are inevitable anyway but when the time comes he has no excuses, its not the fans fault its his.

People seem to think that because the NUST has not called for x protest to happen or hasnt organised anything substantial then its because we have no interest in doing so. Thats not the case, at least some of us do. There is no way that the ST will stand by and let that happen not without a damn big fight but at the same time (and I feel like Im just repeating myself here) we're not going to just rush out, rip up bedsheets and organise a march that only 200 people turn up for.

It wont happen because it would be political suicide and more importantly wouldnt gain the desired result. The plans would still go ahead but we wouldnt have a credible organisation to stand up for the next thing.

My view is that the ST will be doing whatever it can to stop this happening, there are however a number of avenues to be explored and its the sensible reasoned solution that will win the day. Boycoutt banners will attract SSN and the inevitable shit that goes with it. Marches with nobody turning up will pour more ridicule on the fans.

Enlisting the help of big names, finding out if theres any legal avenues, enlisting the help of football fans the country (if not the world) wide to ensure its made clear that any company taking this offer up will see their revenues drop etc are all more sensible and worthwhile. If not then we still have protest as the fall back option.

The simple fact of life is that theres no reason to rush out and protest today, hes stated that hes going to do this, its not done overnight, it will be months before anything is progressed (and if his recent form on the sale of the club is anything to go by then we dont need worry tbh).

On that logic, what harm is there in spending a few days exploring the options before making a decision?

I don’t generally contribute to messageboards and have no interest in engaging in any form of petty squabble. However, as a member of NUST I’m sick of you unilaterally stating what NUST will and will not do on this forum. It’s not for you to decide, it for the members. I’ve raised this subject on the NUSC forum if you want contact me, but I’m going to say my piece here.

By all means take a few days to think things over, but if NUST don’t at least ask the membership if they want to engage in active protest against Mr Ashley I am going to table a motion of no confidence in the committee. It’s not an action I want to take but your comments on this site have consistently suggested a committee (whose legitimacy expired long ago) are treating NUST as their own personal domain. Doing what you want, when you want without any recourse to the membership.

It’s not for you to decide what is and isn’t political suicide. It’s not for you to decide whether protests have to involve bedsheets, and it’s not for you to decide whether or not a boycott is in the best interests of the club. Options need to be put to the membership, and it needs to be done quickly.

I think our only realistic hope of salvation is a white knight with bulging pockets who can make an offer too good for Ashley to refuse. No way is he going to shift unless he makes money out of the club one way or another.

A mass walk out or protest might turn up the heat but will he take any notice anyway? I don't pick him as a man who cares about public opinion one little bit. In reality you won't get the numbers needed because people will drift away bit by bit rather than en masse, and if there's a little bit of success they'll probably come back. What you'll be left with is the mong brigade with tattered bedsheets and bad spelling gurning on Sky while the nation points and laughs.

People must do what they think is best, including the NUST. As an OOT, I'm just a bystander watching with interest and worry. I wouldn't criticise anyone for going or staying away, it's up to them. But I sincerely think protesting is not the answer, unless it's in such numbers and with such backing from high profile politicians and celebrities that it has massive credibility. The "poor southern Mike Ashley is being victimised by those nasty Geordie types" is an attractive by-line for the press.

It's depressing and horrible to feel so powerless. But my own opinion, FWIW, is that there's nothing to do but wait for the fat twat to go. I think things will get much worse before that happens, but then what's new?

Don't want to upset PP?? Fuck me Peter and I have had countless run ins over the years - both in forum and via PM on things we don't agree with.

If I think he's talked shit - I've told him and I'd do so here again.

As for the 'shame you didn't do something similar yourself' comment, i'm not the one disagreeing with him!

Craig ; Its not a reasoned argument ... its an excuse for doing nothing ... and its a confused excuse at that. When Adolf invaded Poland ..Churchill didnt say "Wait and see" ....Honestly this is like an old Bill Hicks routine with the massed ranks of NUFC fans kneeling before Ashleys smelly cock ...

Ashley to crowd "SUCK ASHLEYS COCK!!!"

Thats 'cos he wasn't in office :D

Also, ironically WWII started after various policies of appeasement by Britain

/GCSE history

Guest Eleven Donkeys
You should do, the more heartfelt thoughts the better.

This one is worth reading mate, but I’m only posting because I’m absolutely fucking livid. We need NUST to lead the campaign to get Ashley with gusto and conviction – what we’re getting is dithering and another pointless online petition. We have to fight fire with fire. I might be talking shite but as long as NUST remain scared of taking any risks Ashley is going sit in the directors box with that smug smile on his face while the club we all love is turned into a worthless joke.

Forget all the bed-sheets, boycotts, protests, etc etc; pelting is the the best way to show opinions.

Anyone in protest should carry eggs and pelt them at Ashley and his cohorts everytime they make a public appearence, especially at St.James' Park, away grounds, parking-lots, corridors, anywhere, so he'll feel like Humpty Dumpty.

Raw eggs should be used but it wouldn't hurt to hurl the odd hard-boiled one once in a while.(I'll deny that in court)

This may not solve the problems but I guarantee you will feel better for it once you have made that first pelt. :D

This is quickly becoming boring and it's just the same old shite. Wankers arguing over semantics. It fucking pains me that we've got a class A tosser destroying this club and some people on here are seemingly more concerned about massaging their interweb ego rather than putting their heads together and having a serious discussion about what we can do as a set of fans. All we've had is "NUST aren't doing this", "X, Y and Z aren't doing that" etc. and it's just detracting from the issue as a whole.

The time for furiously rubbing your limp, three inch cybercocks has been and gone and now is the time for us to club together and support one another. You may not agree with the direction one particular group of supporters is taking but by Christ just give them your blessing. It may not be perfect, it may not be what you believe is the best course of action but there is no "Getting rid of cunty football owners for dummies" handbook we can all abide to. All the fans need to show a united front. If you've got nothing nice to say then don't say anything at all because at the end of the day we all pay our way and we all want what's best - We want to see this club seriously competing at the highest level.

Right. I hoyed a leaflet up before.

But the first plan of action is sorted and now TU will take action inside the stadium AFTER the game.

Here's the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=1685...604&index=1

And the leaflet at: http://i34.tinypic.com/141tms2.png

First of all, can I say kudos to yourself and the rest of the Toon Ultras.

Is this just a general five minute sing song before leaving the ground or a proper sit in at the end of the game? Also, will you be handing out the leaflets before the game? Obviously raising awareness is crucial, especially for those fans who dont get online that much if at all?

Cheers.

Right. I hoyed a leaflet up before.

But the first plan of action is sorted and now TU will take action inside the stadium AFTER the game.

Here's the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=1685...604&index=1

And the leaflet at: http://i34.tinypic.com/141tms2.png

First of all, can I say kudos to yourself and the rest of the Toon Ultras.

Is this just a general five minute sing song before leaving the ground or a proper sit in at the end of the game? Also, will you be handing out the leaflets before the game? Obviously raising awareness is crucial, especially for those fans who dont get online that much if at all?

Cheers.

Thanks for your support.

First of all, no; It's been planned to stay aslong we can/want to vent our anger at the total mis-management of Ashley and the board (Although Plan B will be to protest outside the Milburn reception)

Secondly, I've asked people on the forum to print them off, photocopy them and hand them out on the matchday. But sometime next week I'll maybe go into town and ask people if they would put them in the shop windows etc and/or stick them up 'round town and like you say try to raise the awareness more of the protest.

Thirdly, this was only decided tonight tbh, so we've basically just been posting them on Newcastle forums aswell as facebook etc, so tomorrow we'll try and promote it through the media (.com, Ronnie Gill, TF, The Mag etc) and hopefully we can promote this successfully.

And finally, I just want to mention this is our first decision what we thought had to done. We're also trying to push on for a Protest March, but it might need more planning (the home game after?) and most likely fans will be gathered outside the Milburn reception pre-match anyway, so we'll probably try and raise the awareness for that aswell.

We've also got a meeting with NUST next week with 4-5 members from each meeting in town, so we'll see what comes from that too. :D

No new players purchased

more staff cuts

potential relegation

naming rights sold

But isn't there an NUST boycott of merchandise ??????? Does that not reduce the club's income as well ? I said on here a while ago that maybe we should be spending money on NUFC, not reducing in by boycotting pies/pints/merchandise for the simple reason of him getting his money back as soon as possible and fucking off from our club just as quickly.

I remember passing the 'Supporters For Change' lads in the 80's on my way into the ground and thinking "These guys are fucking daft. How can they NOT want to go in to see the match?" I just couldn't comprehend their thoughts. 20-odd years later and I'm in the same position they were then! I don't know if I'm right by not going back, only time will tell. Even when he finally does go we, and thousands of others, will be debating till the end of time about who was right/wrong. All I can do is follow my instincts on this and they are telling me to stay away.

I guess it's just me that thinks discussing GEETARS in this thread is fuckin beyond a joke.

Okay, I can take the flak. Don't hold back.

FFS.

What we need is more whinging and moaning about millionaires and billionaires who don't give a fuck about us and never will.

Carry on.

ahh fuck it I give up.

No matter what is written, no matter what you say, the same people trot the same tired arguments out.

All Im saying is that we need to spend a few days coming up with the options, sorting the possible routes out and then do them.

The likes of CT and Jihad are calling for a storming of the gates, what gates? theres no game til next Saturday so that gives us 8 days. If we arranged something for matchday yesterday it would have no bigger affect than if we arrange it on Monday.

The problem as it has always been on here since NUSC was formed is that it doesnt get held to task and discuused properly because the "old timers" on the board dont want too upset PP.

This is a shame because hearing a bit more honesty from those he has known longer may help him formulate action plans within NUST better.

Absulute fucking bollocks and you know it, frankly a cheap shot from a sad fucker who has to spice up his life and make out hes a big shot on the internet when frankly hes just some argumentative wank. You've now decided to turn a couple of hundred people into lickspittles behind some faceless name on a message board, maybe you should credit these people with a bit of free thinking eh? unlike yourself the other members on here are capable of reading something said and making an informed decision.

I don’t generally contribute to messageboards and have no interest in engaging in any form of petty squabble. However, as a member of NUST I’m sick of you unilaterally stating what NUST will and will not do on this forum. It’s not for you to decide, it for the members. I’ve raised this subject on the NUSC forum if you want contact me, but I’m going to say my piece here.

By all means take a few days to think things over, but if NUST don’t at least ask the membership if they want to engage in active protest against Mr Ashley I am going to table a motion of no confidence in the committee. It’s not an action I want to take but your comments on this site have consistently suggested a committee (whose legitimacy expired long ago) are treating NUST as their own personal domain. Doing what you want, when you want without any recourse to the membership.

It’s not for you to decide what is and isn’t political suicide. It’s not for you to decide whether protests have to involve bedsheets, and it’s not for you to decide whether or not a boycott is in the best interests of the club. Options need to be put to the membership, and it needs to be done quickly.

As for this one, sorry like but thats bollocks as well, I dont come on here and preach the NUST stuff, I report what is happening and give reasoned argument for and against, read back over my previous posts, at times I myself am critical of the organisation, I myself may not agree with everything that goes on or where the focus is sitting at any one time. If I dont though then I'll make those feelings known. Im willing to stand up for what I believe in, I report back to the committee when I see whats going on on here, whats being said and how generally those that use places such as this are feeling. If anything you'll find that Im one of the few on that committee who wants to see more radical action, Im the one that stands up and makes my voice heard and is willing to say "this is shite, I disagree with it".

If however, the rest disagree then Im fucked, what I wont do however is throw my toys out of the pram and walk away that would mean theres one less voice there touting the opposite view and even less chance of a reasoned debate taking place. Currently its working because thats democracy, the committee was formed to take this club forward in the way it sees fit. If you dont think that we're doing that then you are quite rightly within your rights to table a "no confidence" motion. Im sure however that will really piss Ashley off, us fighting amongst ourselves.

You talk about putting the options to the members yet not once have you taken on board the fact that I keep saying time and time again in this thread that we are looking at the options, we are pulling together views and thoughts and things that may or may not work. It takes time to document and plan out these options properly, it takes time to see if they would work, see if you have the relevant backing and people on board. Then and only then is it a good idea to put them to the members, whats the use in saying we can do a,b,c,d or e oh and maybe f as well, which do you want? only to answer "I dont know, not thought about it" when asked what d means.

As for certain people on here trotting out the "Im not giving him any more money, Im not going anymore" well great, good on you however thats not exactly a major sacrifice is it when as you put it "I normally decide which games I fancy going to", not really a hard thing to do when the options are Scunthorpe, Cardiff and Peterborough, not Man U, Liverpool and Arsenal. Its also not a hard sacrifice to make when you spend 6 months of the year out of the country and miss half the games anyway. It must give a real warm glow to sit two thousand miles away knowing you're being paid to make that stance and being smug with a "Im boycotting, why arent you" attitude.

Some of us have a problem in paying out money to the fat man for the next three years only to let that go, hes no worse off but I am, Im paying out for something Im not going to use yet at the same time everyone else is still there, wooopeedoo theres 2000 of us not turning up out of principle, most of whom have already paid their money therefore its not 2000 less in gate receipts. If however a full, widescale boycott of the matches was organised then Id be stood there outside with the rest of them. Until then I'll be there week in week out giving my support to the lads and vocally making it clear how I feel about the regime. I'll be there 10 minutes after the game supporting the Ultras.

Some of us never buy anything from the club out of the principle, not one drop of beer, water or a bite of a pie has passed my lips in that ground since last September. I dont see it as a major problem, what I do see as a problem is the fact I wont be able to buy my son a toon top the day hes born, that I cant kit him out for the day he is taken out of the RVI, that hurts me because thats how I would have always seen it happening.

I can still take the long way home and drive past those gates, the gates that will still say "St James Park" on them come January. I can still stop and say "one day son, thats where you'll stand, with the rest of them that care about this club".

As for anyone who thinks that Im using this board as an extension of the NUST and is sick of it then feel free, this link may help > Click here I will continue to give you the views from inside, I may not even personally agree with them at times but I'll still report them because if I dont then you'll have even less chance to disagree with them than you do now.

Finally, as for chucking in your membership of the Trust CT what do you think you've gained from that? the minute its cancelled then you've got no ability to make your voice heard, no chance to put your views on the forum or argue against things at a meeting. Thats not making a stance, its cowardice, its being unwilling to stand up for what you believe in.

I remember passing the 'Supporters For Change' lads in the 80's on my way into the ground and thinking "These guys are fucking daft. How can they NOT want to go in to see the match?" I just couldn't comprehend their thoughts. 20-odd years later and I'm in the same position they were then! I don't know if I'm right by not going back, only time will tell. Even when he finally does go we, and thousands of others, will be debating till the end of time about who was right/wrong. All I can do is follow my instincts on this and they are telling me to stay away.

The same Supporters for Change lad that now a major NUST player? the same Supporters for Change lad who argues strongly against protest at this point in time?

Does that not tell you something?