NUFC not for sale + Hughton awarded 18 month deal

Dr Kenneth Noisewater

IMO a more sensible strategy would be for NUST to call for a compromise whereby any renaming to be a prefix only, retaining the name but also allowing him to raise the revenue.

That would still be unacceptable to me.

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No.

A compromise on this is not a compromise, it's a surrender

Indeed sir, there is no 'compromise'. The fans of NUFC have been 'compromising' since Ashley took over, this is a step too far!

Ryders blog...

"We need to make Coors Light Park a fortress"

The above title of this blog entry are the words that are enough to send shivers down the spine with the latest outrage of Tyneside the bright idea to rename St James's Park - to even imagine a future Toon player uttering such words will make many physically sick.

You can see it in years to come perhaps a more experienced Haris Vuckic saying: "We need to make Coors Light Park a fortress."

It's been clear for months that Newcastle were struggling to find a buyer for the club and on the day that Chris Hughton was appointed as boss, it might have been an idea for the current board to let people get their heads around how things will pan out between now and the end of the season.

Renaming St James's Park is simply bad taste in the eyes of most Geordie fans - and many will feel that even the injection of silly money to do it will do nothing to make up for another piece of heritage being ripped away from the Tyneside streets.

On the back of Newcastle Broon being brewed in Tadcaster, this is another slap in the face for Toon fans.

Had Newcastle built a super stadium before they decided to rebuild St James's Park in the 1990s perhaps there would be no complaints when it came to naming a new building and cashing in the situation.

And there have been many stupid names for football grounds such as the Emirates, the Madjeski Stadium, The DW Stadium, Reebok, KC, the Walkers Stadum and the

Fitness First Stadium - the USA it's common place with Pizza Hut Park, Dick's Sporting Goods Park and Toyota Park all on the list of your average MLS fan.

Yet they are all brand new stadiums.

You just could not see big clubs like Barcelona, Man United, Real Madrid or AC Milan even contemplating changing the name of their current home.

Even little York City got stick for renaming Bootham Crescent to KitKat Crescent but that's a club that is on its knees financially.

Renaming St James's Park to Coors Light Park, Bwin Park or even the McDonalds Arena shows that Newcastle's top brass have again got it so seriously wrong.

I wonder if the print story will be as strong.

Edited by Happy Face

Get in contact with Moat? If he has £80M to buy the club, then perhaps he can stump up some money to buy the naming rights and keep the name the same?

It'd effectively be throwing money down the drain for him though. At least with buying the club he would have an asset that he could sell on at a future date.

Get in contact with Moat? If he has £80M to buy the club, then perhaps he can stump up some money to buy the naming rights and keep the name the same?

That'll be Ashleys next statement...."if the fans don't like it, they can pay for the naming rights themself".

The cum farting pig fucker.

anyone have Tony Blair's email address? We could do with someone very famous making a statement against this.

I have emailed the two previously mentioned fwiw.

Sadly, celeb types wouldn't want to get involved I should think.

Edited by Armchair Pundit

Possibly not AP, but once again is it not worth trying? I will gladly spend 10 minutes sending an email to arguably our most famous fan. It may be borne of frustration and fury but having a crack is almost always better than not having a crack.

More the point than anything else is that it'd have fuck all effect. Even if Blair did speak, Ashley wouldn't give a fuck.

I'm still hoping the OFT fuck him over - seize all his business interests and lock the fat cunt up - now THAT's karma.

yeh, I’m seething about the thought of Ashley changing the name, but I’m more concerned about how he’s going to remedy the overall situation. Now he’s not selling the club (and as he’s someone who has admitted that he’s never been an “expert at running a football club” — ha, the understatement!) you’d think the penny would’ve dropped by now.

The main priority has to be getting someone in who knows how to run a football club — as they clearly haven’t got a clue.

He’s messed up so badly it’s cost him a fortune and caused massive rifts between them and us the supporters (who are his customers), so now should be the time to rally the troops, fans, et al.

But, oh dear, that ‘press statement’ is another example of contempt which only reiterates that they’re complete piss taking idiots.