NUFC not for sale + Hughton awarded 18 month deal

Dr Kenneth Noisewater

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Eleven Donkeys

I wonder if shit.direct will be paying £3m for half a season’s publicity. I doubt it, given that they only paid a reputed one off fee of £40k for defacing the Gallowgate.

It’s clear where this is heading. Nobody would pay £6m a year for a prefix. Come September it’ll be...

“Mike has tried his best to sell the naming rights to St James Park without success. Regrettably this means there is no money for squad strengthening. However, shit.direct has kindly agreed to let the club use their name to demonstrate the benefits of renaming the ground until a buyer for the naming rights is found. To make these rights more attractive St James Park will be shortened to SJP, giving the stadium the name shit.direct@sjp.co.uk, which is also the web address for Lonsdale’s new online store where supporters can exclusively purchase the new replica kit. Fans who wants a kit without the sports world logo can have it removed for £100.”

Guest Eleven Donkeys
I'm not normally a conspiracy theorist but given the fans furore to date over proposed naming rights I really do believe that Llambias' latest "FCBschavtasticclobber@SJP" clarification is both a deliberate attempt to further wind-up the fans and might also turn out to be what ultimately happens when no other firms express an interest.

That’s exactly what it is. But don’t worry, NUST will ride to the rescue in 2050 with a £60m offer for the club the FCB is never going to turn down.

Guest Eleven Donkeys
Im not sure why MAs business would have to pay MAs football club anything tbh. He can plaster it in his own logo's all he wants, it wont be making him any money

That’s right. I’d imagine the reputed 40k was roughly equivalent to the cost of erecting the signage on the Gallowgate.

You can look at this either one of two ways:

1) They're doing this to wind the fans up more by just tacking on a company name to the front and making it sound utter shite.

2) They've seen the backlash the potential renaming has caused and this is a partial climbdown.

Either way this should pour fuel on the fire of any potential protests for Saturday.

Edited by Ketsbaia

That’s exactly what it is. But don’t worry, NUST will ride to the rescue in 2050 with a £60m offer for the club the FCB is never going to turn down.

Only another 39 years of the FCB to go then. :huh:

I've had my full... it's time to pay the pair of them a visit - I know a baseball bat that wants to become aquainted with Llambias's cheek bones :huh:

And what self respecting commentator is really going to say "Welcome to Sports Direct at St. James' Park, and it's a big game for Newcastle today!" ? Gemmill is spot on - what does it even mean anyway? Doesn't even bloody make sense >_>

From the Beeb...

Newcastle reveal new stadium name

Newcastle United have announced their stadium will be known as the sportsdirect.com @ St James' Park Stadium for the immediate future.

The news comes after an announcement from owner Mike Ashley that the stadium sponsorship rights were up for offer from prospective businesses.

His company will occupy the space as a showcase for other potential sponsors.

More to follow.

From the Beeb...

Newcastle reveal new stadium name

Newcastle United have announced their stadium will be known as the sportsdirect.com @ St James' Park Stadium for the immediate future.

The news comes after an announcement from owner Mike Ashley that the stadium sponsorship rights were up for offer from prospective businesses.

His company will occupy the space as a showcase for other potential sponsors.

More to follow.

jesus h christ

Honestly, who is advising these baffoons? This name is just ridiculous and just totally wrong for so many reasons. I am not sure how good the idea is to use the name of a brand as an example that now is even more likely to get boycoutted.

Simpletons.

It sounds like the description for the legendary 'data room'.

Did those poor Malaysians ever find the way out of it?

Anyway, the Malaysian tourist board could probably be interested in buying the name rights: Malaysians@St James' Park Stadium

Anyway, the Malaysian tourist board could probably be interested in buying the name rights: Malaysians@St James' Park Stadium

Sounds like a Ryanair airport.

:huh:

Championship Manager@St James' Park stadium