NUFC not for sale + Hughton awarded 18 month deal

Dr Kenneth Noisewater

I think everyone has said it all, the 'branding' of SJP would be a fucking disgrace.

The ground is leased off the council yes? Surely they can block a re-naming?

I think the stadium is owned by Ashley whereas the ground it sits on is owned by the council and he'd really be re-naming the former. At a guess anyway.

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Six years ago we as a family scattered my fathers ashes in St. James' Park, it would sicken me to the stomach if the place that he held so dear was re-named after some budget airline or chavy sports company.

Leave well alone Mr. Ashley some things are bigger than profit making deals!

Six years ago we as a family scattered my fathers ashes in St. James' Park, it would sicken me to the stomach if the place that he held so dear was re-named after some budget airline or chavy sports company.

They aren't to him though, are they? He couldn't give a fuck about us man.

I think everyone has said it all, the 'branding' of SJP would be a fucking disgrace.

Given that the lease was created quite a while ago I reckon it's unlikely to include anything about corporate branding.

Things like this need to be highlighted/campaigned on.

Given that the lease was created quite a while ago I reckon it's unlikely to include anything about corporate branding.

Might be some ancient by-law? I'm clutching at straws but desperate times call for desperate measures.

They aren't to him though, are they? He couldn't give a fuck about us man.

You are right its as if he has done everything possible to alienate himself from the people of Newcastle, Keegan, Shearer, Waiting for Kinnear, relegation, Dennis Wise, Takeover saga and now the potential renaming of an icon in the city!!!! you couldn't make it up the man at the very best is clueless.

Here is the email address of the editor of the evening chronicle.

paul.robertson@ncjmedia.co.uk

This is something we can all very simply do. Drop him a line asking why they are not taking a firmer stance against Ashley. Ask them to start a Save St James Campaign.

Good idea.

Paul,

I am becoming more and more frustrated with The Chronicles coverage of the Newcastle ownership saga. Your matchday coverage continues to be excellent and the insight expert, however the widespread contempt for Mike Ashley on the stands and among those registered on your website is not reflected as it should be in your newspaper.

Apart from John Gibson I have seen little from your newspaper that holds the owner to account for his actions. I hope todays announcement that he will rename our stadium for cash prompts a stronger line against the owner.

Please consider taking a harsher line against Ashley that endorses the fans who want him out rather than kowtowing to him. If a change in the Newcastle editorial line is not seen soon then I can only see your readership dwindling further.

Many Thanks

I'm shite at complaint letters though. Someone should draft a better one then everyone can send a copy of it.

Edited by Happy Face

Who cares if some mug stumps up millions to rename the ground, it will always be SJP to me. I think this is a massive over-reaction to a reasonable business opportunity. Also the renaming may not be forever but may be for a fixed period, then the bidding starts all over again.

Who cares if some mug stumps up millions to rename the ground, it will always be SJP to me. I think this is a massive over-reaction to a reasonable business opportunity. Also the renaming may not be forever but may be for a fixed period, then the bidding starts all over again.

While I don't really agree with you I think I could perhaps stomach it under different circumstances. It's almost a side issue in all this for me though.

Might be some ancient by-law? I'm clutching at straws but desperate times call for desperate measures.

On the club website, the historical section that used to display, the history of st james park part 1 has been replaced with "new article coming soon".

Part 2 is still there but for how long? Did part 1 reveal the legal loop hole needed to stop him? :nah:

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/StJam...,,10278,00.html

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/StJam...,,10278,00.html

Wouldn't be surprised if they've just never got round to doing it (i.e. copying and pasting off wikipedia). That site's a joke anyway.

When other clubs name their stadium, the fans generally get some input.

This crystallises his contempt for his customers.

This £20m he's supposedly putting into the club. It'll be interesting to see who we sign in January like. I.e. we all know it'll be about 'running costs'. As though he doesn't have to foot the fucking bill for running costs anyway.

While I don't really agree with you I think I could perhaps stomach it under different circumstances. It's almost a side issue in all this for me though.

There is precident with this, the smoggies once played at the Cellnet Riverside Stadium. I could almost handle <insert sponsor> St James Park, but losing the identity altogether would be criminal.

Not sure that is the case when it's a sponsorship deal, did Leicester fans get to choose Walkers, Arsenal fans the Emirates, Hull fans the KC?

This £20m he's supposedly putting into the club. It'll be interesting to see who we sign in January like. I.e. we all know it'll be about 'running costs'. As though he doesn't have to foot the fucking bill for running costs anyway.

If the £20m was for transfers surely he would have said so.

Just shows how fucking stupid he is doing it next season when we'll either be the PL whipping boys (if we're lucky) or looking at another season in the Championship. Another masterstroke of timing by Ashley there.

If the £20m was for transfers surely he would have said so.

I was taking the piss. It doesn't even exist in any real sense imo. It's just bullshit PR.

It'd be nice to see someone like SJH come out and say something or make a gesture such as resigning as Life President if this goes through, unlikely though.

An idea for NUSC might be to contact the companies who own corporate boxes, I'm sure many of them will be looking an excuse to get out of their deal and this way they could also be seem to be on the side of the fans.

Not sure that is the case when it's a sponsorship deal, did Leicester fans get to choose Walkers, Arsenal fans the Emirates, Hull fans the KC?

Originally the ground was to have been called the "Walkers Bowl", but that name was dropped after a fans' petition against it.

They're all new as well.

Edited by Happy Face

If I saw him counting out £20m in tenners and handing it over to the club's bank I wouldn't believe it.

I'm reminded of those Road Wars programmes where all these idiots take out insurance and then cancel the direct debit and claim its valid - he'd be filling out the withdrawl slip with his other hand.

It'd be nice to see someone like SJH come out and say something or make a gesture such as resigning as Life President if this goes through, unlikely though.

An idea for NUSC might be to contact the companies who own corporate boxes, I'm sure many of them will be looking an excuse to get out of their deal and this way they could also be seem to be on the side of the fans.

Hall sold us down the river. And he's on record as saying what has happened isn't Ashley's fault iirc. He can go fuck himself as far as I'm concerned.