Fabrice Pancrate

bobbyshinton

I read in the chronicle that he's failed to get a contract with Burnley and Sheff utd. You have to worry that if Sheffield didn't think he was good enough, why the hell would he be good enough for us!

Still if we do sign him i hope he goes on to do well for us this season.

Thats been my thoughts. If he was any good why hasn't be been snapped up? aren't there rumours he was requesting ridiculous wages from Sheff Utd?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read in the chronicle that he's failed to get a contract with Burnley and Sheff utd. You have to worry that if Sheffield didn't think he was good enough, why the hell would he be good enough for us!

Still if we do sign him i hope he goes on to do well for us this season.

Sheff United turned him down because he wanted a £75k signing on fee.

His wiki seals the deal like.

It was reported on 14th November 2009 by France Football that Pancrate was undertaking a trial at English Coca Cola Championship club Newcastle United. On 17th November 2009 he played 80 minutes in a reserve game for Newcastle United, setting up one goal and impressing in general with his pace and trickery, linking up well with the strikers.

I just thought he was average, yet other people seem to disagree.

maybe you were expecting too much? dont forget, he's been out of contract for a while now so his fitness levels will be pretty crap. in that case you have to judge players on touch/passing/vision. in those areas i thought he looked pretty good. won quite a few headers against a canny BIG back line as well.

maybe you were expecting too much? dont forget, he's been out of contract for a while now so his fitness levels will be pretty crap. in that case you have to judge players on touch/passing/vision. in those areas i thought he looked pretty good. won quite a few headers against a canny BIG back line as well.

Aye, don't get me wrong, I think he'd probably be decent enough as cover and if we sign him on a short-term / end of season type of contract.

I just didn't think he did enough, but I maybe/probably was looking for too much, like you say.

Oh well, hope he proves me wrong now if we sign him up. ;)

Aye, don't get me wrong, I think he'd probably be decent enough as cover and if we sign him on a short-term / end of season type of contract.

I just didn't think he did enough, but I maybe/probably was looking for too much, like you say.

Oh well, hope he proves me wrong now if we sign him up. ;)

tbh, we're short of wingers/wide men and I would say on tonights performance (fitness level aside) he's better than Lovenkrands and Raylor in that position. and he's decent in the air which seems to be the way we're playing this season. as i've said in earlier posts, it can't hurt to get him in till the end of season with the option of keeping him if he's a success.

I'm gland to hear he impressed.

:good: he was a shroved off the ball too easily imo

:rolleyes: I was trying to think of something tied in with the iconography on the inside of the domes of Greek chuches but somehow it's not quite as pithy as those two.