Funny pictures thread

Zathras

10 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

I was crying just looking at the durg's sad face underneath the 'missing durg' bit, never mind anything else. :lol: :lol:

Probably wondering what a "durg" is.

4 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

Probably wondering what a "durg" is.

A durg is an animal that barks, ferns is a cool dude from happy days and to flirt is to have good buoyancy in water. :good:

• Haha 5

A hairdresser in Bomarsund put up a sign saying

” Braids- £20”

Locals were outraged and said you could get a stottie and a sliced white for £3:50 at Greggs.

Berb went to the Doctor

” What seems to be the problem Mr. Rerbson?”

Berb points at his groin and says 

“ The Mrs. says I’m getting hornier”

Doctor chuckles and says

” Well, I don’t think that’s a problem, is it Berb?”

Berb says

” Whey, how’ll ah lift me prize leeks on to the Sher Chebbles with me insides hinging oot?”

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Berb went to the Doctor

Doctor chuckles and says

Berb says

” Whey, how’ll ah lift me prize leeks on to the Sher Chebbles with me insides hinging oot?”

Tom Hanks Wtf GIF by Apple TV+

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Berb went to the Doctor

Doctor chuckles and says

Berb says

Have you had a stroke? 

• Haha 2

Me granny (from Burradon) used to say “chebble” for table :lol: a lot of that generation from the village had more of a Northumberland than Geordie accent. Although not to the extent of rolling their Rs. Which has sadly all but died out even in places like Eshinton 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Berb went to the Doctor

Doctor chuckles and says

Berb says

Vine Wtf GIF

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Alex said:

Me granny (from Burradon) used to say “chebble” for table :lol: a lot of that generation from the village had more of a Northumberland than Geordie accent. Although not to the extent of rolling their Rs. Which has sadly all but died out even in places like Eshinton 

My Grandad spoke Pitmatic, with the rolled R, used the full old fashioned vocabulary- Thee, Thou and Thow, He’d “gern ti the netty” , pit ponies were cuddies, his flat cap was a dutt, had his favourite gansey , sweets were kets, he’d collect sheep and rabbit “dottles” to put on his roses :lol:

I’ve mentioned before that my old man had a tape of him talking to me and my brother when we were 5 and 3, we both clearly understood him and were prattling away in response to him quite happily on the tape, but listening to it years later he was almost unintelligible. 

I was gutted when my old man’s unhinged*
wife “lost” the tape, as it was not only a lovely thing to have personally, but from a social history view it was a record of a dialect that’s now virtually disappeared. 

*the tales of her psycho behaviour are a whole other story :lol:

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Berb went to the Doctor

Doctor chuckles and says

Berb says

Baby Reaction GIF

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Keep Talking Idris Elba GIF

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

My Grandad spoke Pitmatic, with the rolled R, used the full old fashioned vocabulary- Thee, Thou and Thow, He’d “gern ti the netty” , pit ponies were cuddies, his flat cap was a dutt, had his favourite gansey , sweets were kets, he’d collect sheep and rabbit “dottles” to put on his roses :lol:

I’ve mentioned before that my old man had a tape of him talking to me and my brother when we were 5 and 3, we both clearly understood him and were prattling away in response to him quite happily on the tape, but listening to it years later he was almost unintelligible. 

I was gutted when my old man’s unhinged*
wife “lost” the tape, as it was not only a lovely thing to have personally, but from a social history view it was a record of a dialect that’s now virtually disappeared. 

My grandma and grandad would’ve used most of those words too. He was from Hazelrigg but lived for most of his life in Burradon. He was a miner but not at Burradon or Weetslade but Seaton Burn. My mam actually still refers to the rabbit dottles on her front lawn :lol: My granny had lovely roses but she put tea leaves from used tea bags on them as well as egg shells. I don’t remember rabbit or sheep shit though :D Netty was in common usage. We actually used kets at school. Bullets too to mean sweets. My partner’s mam and dad are from up that way - North Seaton / Newbiggin by the Sea. Their accents have mellowed but he still uses stuff like ‘oxter’ to mean armpit. Her mam’s older brother who died a few years back lived in Newbiggin all his life and rolled his Rs.  It’s a beautiful accent imo 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alex said:

My grandma and grandad would’ve used most of those words too. He was from Hazelrigg but lived for most of his life in Burradon. He was a miner but not at Burradon or Weetslade but Seaton Burn. My mam actually still refers to the rabbit dottles on her front lawn :lol: My granny had lovely roses but she put tea leaves from used tea bags on them as well as egg shells. I don’t remember rabbit or sheep shit though :D Netty was in common usage. We actually used kets at school. Bullets too to mean sweets. My partner’s mam and dad are from up that way - North Seaton / Newbiggin by the Sea. Their accents have mellowed but he still uses stuff like ‘oxter’ to mean armpit. Her mam’s older brother who died a few years back lived in Newbiggin all his life and rolled his Rs.  It’s a beautiful accent imo 

Gran was from Wark, ket dottle oxter and netty all in  common use

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Gran was from Wark, ket dottle oxter and netty all in  common use

Carry your bag sir? 

Nah, let her Wark! 

4b64ab330f0c3e2a4c2ad1515e073d65.jpg

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, MMXXVIII said:

I used to say kets and my mother's side would say netty and scullery and they're from Elswick - I never knew this was Pit Yacker lingo.

My dad says kets and bullets for sweets as well and he is from Elswick - so am I like, but I only ever said kets. My dad also uses gypsy slang a lot so a dog is a juggle, a horse is a gallowah, monkeys are jakeys etc.

• Like 1