Can Reading's record 106 points be beaten........

accadacca

this season ?

Now that the dust has settled after all the crap that has gone on since May, and the noises are that no one who doesnt want to go in January won't be sold, can NUFC get through to 46 games wothout dropping another 15 points ?

Virtually impregnable at home, and effective away, why can it not happen ?

The squad is nowhere near as thin as people made out at the start, esp' as the likes of Ranger and Kadar have shown they can do a job at this level. Yes, injuries will occur, but they will for WBA, FOREST, CARDIFF as well.

No doubt I will be accused of being overly optimistic as always by those who don't understand how weak most Championship squads really are both quality and quantity wise, but I think it is do able - very do able.

I'll snap your hand off for 90 points right now, that should see us up automatically!

Fair enough, but out of the remaining 25 games, who is going to get any points at SJP ? The biggest threat are WBA who are defensively a bit suspect. Cardiff ? No chance. Forest ? Possibly but unlikely.

Away from home ? Which teams have the firepower to trouble the back 4 with Smith/Butt or both infront ? Few if any.

Take if from me, the title is a ''given'' - the challenge is to have the boys from Wearside sweating over their 105 points target !! :(

This current NUFC team is nowhere near that 106 point Reading side in terms of ability. That team had only 2 defeats and 13 draws the whole season; whereas we've lost 3 games already.

You're deluded at the best of times accaspacca, but now you're just mentally deranged if you think it's possible to beat that record, even after such a great first half of the season. :(

this season ?

Now that the dust has settled after all the crap that has gone on since May, and the noises are that no one who doesnt want to go in January won't be sold, can NUFC get through to 46 games wothout dropping another 15 points ?

Virtually impregnable at home, and effective away, why can it not happen ?

The squad is nowhere near as thin as people made out at the start, esp' as the likes of Ranger and Kadar have shown they can do a job at this level. Yes, injuries will occur, but they will for WBA, FOREST, CARDIFF as well.

No doubt I will be accused of being overly optimistic as always by those who don't understand how weak most Championship squads really are both quality and quantity wise, but I think it is do able - very do able.

What noises might those be, you dullard?

We will look a lot more mortal once our best players are sold. We'll still go up, but talking about 106 point targets is idiocy.

We will look a lot more mortal once our best players are sold. We'll still go up, but talking about 106 point targets is idiocy.

The voices in his head.

There has been no noises to say anything of the sort. Lets see what happens next month, a few sales to struggling Premiership clubs who "turn the heads of players" and we'll be totally different.

As for Ranger proving he can do a job at this level, when did he do that?

The voices in his head.

There has been no noises to say anything of the sort. Lets see what happens next month, a few sales to struggling Premiership clubs who "turn the heads of players" and we'll be totally different.

As for Ranger proving he can do a job at this level, when did he do that?

indeed, when you have a board / owner who appear to think a good fee for your best players is "good business" I wouldn't speak too soon, especially with a transfer window looming.

The 106 points Reading got is irrelevant, who cares, they are back down again now, the only thing that matters is building this club again in the manner that it ought to be run.

Exactly LM. The no of points you go up my is meaningless. You think the premiership will be impressed with that? I'd rather go up quietly and get about re-building. Then again, when do NUFC do anything quietly? But no, we wont break the tonne in points.

Can it? Yes, we could still end up with 121 points

Will it? No chance - We will drop more than 14 points between now and the end of the season, without a doubt.

85-93 points for us.

championship winners. premeier league relegation victims the following season. you heard it here first. unless we get decent investment of course then we can stay up , but no way with the current squad.

You must be Sherlock Holmes.

Edited by Attain

85-93 points for us.

championship winners. premeier league relegation victims the following season. you heard it here first. unless we get decent investment of course then we can stay up , but no way with the current squad.

You must be Sherlock Holmes.

Talk about stating the bleeding obvious. Possibly the least inciteful "you heard it hear first" I've ever seen. :(

we need 92 points for automatic promotion - after that who cares?

The important point is that this team will require SERIOUS strengthening if we do go up - on the other hand we should get a decent price for some of the players which is more than we could think of for a number of seasons

Edited by Rob W

i think 85 points will be enough to take us up...........thats 10 wins and 5 draws which allows us to get beat another 8 times which i cant see happening....just for a bit off fun i did the bbc football predictor for rest of the season and had us promoted on 90 points...........i dont think we have any worries about promotion........players just need to keep it together...

i think 85 points will be enough to take us up...........thats 10 wins and 5 draws which allows us to get beat another 8 times which i cant see happening....just for a bit off fun i did the bbc football predictor for rest of the season and had us promoted on 90 points...........i dont think we have any worries about promotion........players just need to keep it together...

This...id still like us to romp the rest of the season and beat the record but whats the odds on that?

Acca's lost his touch :icon_lol:

Acca's a fucking jinx, everytime he posts something like this it all goes the opposite way! <_<

However, when he doesn't-- We are too SICK. :icon_lol:

Edited by Attain