What are you drinking?

Guest alex

Well, I try to be anyway. You can sometime buy in places like Marksies muslin bags with spices in to infuse the wine but that's a nice simple recipe in any case.

Ngakuta Bay Sauvignon Blanc. Not particularly exciting, but it'll do. I miss my wine tasting days though, feel like a bit of a scummer browsing the cheapo section in Morrisons. :D

Wine is lovely, but I can't drink it when I'm out (unless it's sharing a bottle with a meal and very little else). Gets too messy and results in a rotten hangover. It's definitely a drink for me to have at home these days.

Wine is lovely, but I can't drink it when I'm out (unless it's sharing a bottle with a meal and very little else). Gets too messy and results in a rotten hangover. It's definitely a drink for me to have at home these days.

I've made the mistake of buying full bottles of wine and bringing them to my seat at a few theatre shows/comedy gigs. Never ends well, too easy to drink quickly.

I've made the mistake of buying full bottles of wine and bringing them to my seat at a few theatre shows/comedy gigs. Never ends well, too easy to drink quickly.

I can see how that would swiftly go wrong. :lol: I need to have the bottle as far away as possible, i.e. in the fridge, and plenty of distractions like a good TV show or film, so I sip and only top up when I really need to. Being out anywhere and drinking wine just never ends well.

A bottle of wine, pfff, you light weights. Time you started buying a goon ;)

Ant, just to upset you, check out this link.

http://www2.woolworthsonline.com.au/#url=/Shop/SearchProducts%3Fsearch%3Dbundaberg%2Bbeer%2Bginger

That's in aussie pesos no less.

Fancy a trip to Sobels sometime soon actually. I need to stock up...

Having been out in the peeve since 2.30pm this afternoon , I'm proud to say I have made it home intact, titty bars avoided, and relatively compis mentis.

I'm now going to the bathroom to do battle with the evil bogroll monster. God help me.

Just bought a bottle of "Pitu Cachaca" for over the Christmas & as an easy sip once my chemo is finished.

With it I'll be making Caipirinha which is;

Cachaca

Limes

Sugar

Ice

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caipirinha

Looks poncey, it is, but it gets you steaming & slides down a treat.

Had some of them in Las Iguanas in town. Very nice.

Had some of them in Las Iguanas in town. Very nice.

The boss's favourite drink here in our house.

Sitting in the backyard, 28-30C, Caipirinha in hand can make for a pleasant afternoon.

Four of these:

hoegaarden-blanche-435850.jpg

Followed by one of these:

rochefort10.jpg

On a school night no less.

Being a fan of Mexican food (or my rough approximation of it anyway), Tequila (proper Tequila) makes for a rather nice aperitif. Drank the proper way, i.e. lime wedge rubbed in the V of your finger and thumb, sprinkled with salt, then lick your hand and down the shot. Repeat as required.

The boss's favourite drink here in our house.

Sitting in the backyard, 28-30C, Caipirinha in hand can make for a pleasant afternoon.

Followed by one of these:

rochefort10.jpg

On a school night no less.

So going to order some of those. Looks right up my street ( on a non cocktail night).