Harewood deal off

ewerk

Harewood move to Newcastle OFF after freak injury

Newcastle boss Chris Hughton has seen his plans to re-sign Marlon Harewood wrecked by a freak training ground injury.

Hughton contacted Villa on Friday to take the strapping forward back on loan for the rest of the season.

Hughton moved for Harewood, 30, after being foiled in his pursuit of Leeds’ Jermaine Beckford.

And Harewood was desperate to return to St James’ Park after scoring five times in 15 games earlier this season in a three-month spell, which ended after Christmas.

But unlucky Harewood, also a target for his old club West Ham, broke a bone in his foot in training last week.

And results over the weekend from scans have showed the forward must have an operation this week.

He will now be sidelined for 10 weeks and expects to be out until April.

It is a devastating blow for the £28,000-a-week marksman, who is out of contract in the summer.

And it is particularly annoying for Harewood as he was only training with Villa’s reserves at the time while he waited for confirmation of Newcastle’s bid.

Villa midfielder Craig Gardner, 23, is set to today complete his £3million move to Birmingham as revealed by Mirrorsport on January 2.

But Villa boss Martin O’Neill insists fit-again centre-back Curtis Davies, 24, is going no-where.

He said: “We have had some quality players come in in that position but it is great for me in terms of competition for places.

“Curtis’ attitude has never been in question.”

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Newca...icle299817.html

I wasn't too keen on Harewood, but what a fucking joke this transfer window is turning out to be - once again. A few days left, with a mounting injury list and suspensions and once again we're watching other clubs strengthen their squads while we do nothing.

I wasn't too keen on Harewood, but what a fucking joke this transfer window is turning out to be - once again. A few days left, with a mounting injury list and suspensions and once again we're watching other clubs strengthen their squads while we do nothing.

Aye...I see the young black lad from Manu is off to Preston on loan...Wellford?

What about bringing Kanu in till the end of the season? Pompey will love to get him off the wage bill and he'll give defenders in this divison nightmares. We're so predictable and really need something a bit different. Whether Ashley would pay his wages is another thing mind :)

What about bringing Kanu in till the end of the season? Pompey will love to get him off the wage bill and he'll give defenders in this divison nightmares. We're so predictable and really need something a bit different. Whether Ashley would pay his wages is another thing mind :)

The young white kid Macheda still up for grabs though.

Wellbeck....I knew Wellford wasnt his name.

Fergie wont lend every striker theyve got though?....can't think that they're pinning a lot of hope of Berbatov and Owen to win the title for them.

Wellbeck....I knew Wellford wasnt his name.

Fergie wont lend every striker theyve got though?....can't think that they're pinning a lot of hope of Berbatov and Owen to win the title for them.

Recently signed Douif (not that one...)

who scored on his debut and they've got Rooney, Berba, him and owen

for first team strikers is enough isn't it? not in the FA cup now, league cup ending soon they'll be playing at full strength in the league and CL so they could well let one or two of the young lads go out

what a fucking joke this transfer window is turning out to be - once again. A few days left, with a mounting injury list and suspensions and once again we're watching other clubs strengthen their squads while we do nothing.

..don't forget, we've still got the last minute sale of one of our better players to look forward to. :)

what a fucking joke this transfer window is turning out to be - once again. A few days left, with a mounting injury list and suspensions and once again we're watching other clubs strengthen their squads while we do nothing.

..don't forget, we've still got the last minute sale of one of our better players to look forward to. :)

im still fully expecting this to happen.

Nailed on. My money's on selling Coloccini for a knockdown price - it'll trim the wage bill and since Steven Taylor's injured, it would make no sense in football terms. Thus making it irresistible to Mike and Del Boy.

Nailed on. My money's on selling Coloccini for a knockdown price - it'll trim the wage bill and since Steven Taylor's injured, it would make no sense in football terms. Thus making it irresistible to Mike and Del Boy.

They're master tacticians. :razz: