Newcastle United 5-1 Cardiff City

Deano

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally the kind of game we've wanted to see at home!

Routledge makes such a difference with his first touch, then setting off at pace and attacking defenders and its not just crosses, he is picking out some lovely through balls.

The two wingers and Guthrie in the middle makes all the difference and to be fair i thought Nolan had his best game in ages as he's been miles off the pace recently.

Thought Williamson was solid at the back yet again, Fitz hall did a job at the back though as we suspected he will be a limited footballer on the whole, did get an assist as well!

Best didn't get much chance to shine, i thought he was tidy in a few things he did, but didn't get the chance to show us how much pace he might have. I was surprised Hughton took him off as on his debut in comfortable win i thought it was a great chance for the lad to get a goal and boost his confidence, however you can't argue with the decision when Lovenkrands comes on and bangs two in himself!

Carroll named motm and i wouldn't argue with that though personalyl i'd have went with Routledge as he is just so different to what we've been suffering lately! And on the left Jonas worked his arse off in defence and attack and linked well with the young Dutch lad.

Now, does Hughton have the brains and/or balls to realise why this was different and play every game with the 2 wide men and Guthrie in the middle and attack the opposition.

Edited by Papa Lazaru

Are you blind or something? can you not spot the difference? jees :wub:

I'm not as practised at studying cocks as you mate ;)

Toché :icon_lol:

Is that Gaylick :D for Touché ?

Kick a man when he's down :razz:

Th3 TOON were magic the neet. Third goal such a picture book goal, I missed the first two fuckin got there 730 queued for 20 mins mugs fuckin, havin a piss when the second went in. Hey what about the faces off the pitch that was ye proper old school when we were proper and it went off everywhere, everyone had a story, was like old football, I'm all for friday night games, every home game should be friday night, we should tell the league we're Tranmere.

Just got home after a night celebrating what is IMO our 1st game this season where we looked like a footballing side! (Not without negatives though).

Credit to Hughton for picking an offensive side and setting our stall our early, it paid off!

We started well, on the front foot from the off and 3 goals in 15 mins was totally justified! Carroll had an absolute blinder all night, won the arial battle and got a header which Shearer would of been proud of from a tremendous ball from Simpson.

We totally domintated the match apart from the first 20 mins in the second half, frustrating at the time as everyone in the ground knew at half time Hughton would have told the lads to sit back and protect our lead, which when looking back now, although frustrating was the correct thing to do.

We werent brilliant tonight...we were GOOD, signs that we can actually play football with this squad.

Delighted with the result and pleased with the performance.

Harper...7 Not much to do but a few important saves.

Simpson...8 More of a wide option than Routledge at times, defended well and supported the attack...SUPERB assist.

Williamson...8 Composed and solid.

Hall...8 Didnt put a foot wrong...solid!

Van Aanholt...7 Likes getting forward but hesitant.

Routledge...7 Busy, wanted ball but NEEDS to hug the touchline...good assist.

Gutierrez...7 Again busy, worked hard but back to his frustrating ways of running into blind alleys.

Guthrie...7 Looked decent, passing ball about well but at times was wasteful.

Nolan...7 Comfortable in holding role...did a job.

Carroll...9 Showed why i have faith in him, unlucky not to get hattrick...srong, clinical and lead the line!

Best...6 Showed a few good touches but didnt do enough....1st game and all though.

Lovenkrands...9 Took both goals well, 2nd was SUPERB!!

Raylor...6 Done fuck all.

All in all...this result has been coming and was totally deserved!

Lets hope this is us now stepping up a gear...new signings looking good...we SHOULD build on this and show WHY we should win this league!

MOM...Carroll without a doubt!

Not to get all Accadacca on you all, but I do think that this display has relieved a lot of pressure for Hughton, the team and the supporters of Newcastle United.

Something to say 'onwards and upwards' about.

I know its an obvious thing to say like (though I haven't seen it mentioned) but you take Smith and/or Butt out of that midfield and we look a different side. I've said it for months that's what he should do and look at the result. I wouldn't be afraid to do it in this league away from home as well. Far more fluid.

I know its an obvious thing to say like (though I haven't seen it mentioned) but you take Smith and/or Butt out of that midfield and we look a different side. I've said it for months that's what he should do and look at the result. I wouldn't be afraid to do it in this league away from home as well. Far more fluid.

Aye, Guthrie in the middle and two wingers made all the difference. Thought the two centre-halves put the form Taylor and Colo into context as well. Mind when Nolan's skipping past challenges you have to ask a few questions about the opposition. I thought the two lads upfront did well also. Obviously Carroll got his goals but best looked quite sharp and was willing to graft. Lovenkrands 2nd goal was different gravy as well.

Aye, Guthrie in the middle and two wingers made all the difference. Thought the two centre-halves put the form Taylor and Colo into context as well. Mind when Nolan's skipping past challenges you have to ask a few questions about the opposition. I thought the two lads upfront did well also. Obviously Carroll got his goals but best looked quite sharp and was willing to graft. Lovenkrands 2nd goal was different gravy as well.

Norman Whiteside like that goal.

I'm surprised no ones mentioned anything they seen off the pitch. Even in the tunnel before the game it was going off a bit, afterwards bother seemed to be everywhere, and before the game heard a lot happened. A lot of faces you only see for Sunderland turned out. Heard two accounts of 10-20 Shrewsbury coming up to fight the welsh ;) what a funny old night. All in all if those Welsh were a good representation of Wales, I hope Scotland win today.

He's only gone and done what I've been laying into him for on NO for the last few days. Well done CH.

Like I said in the other thread though, the team virtually picked itself last night. The midfield did anyway which was the area that made the big difference and he wouldn't have picked that side if Smith and Butt were available imo. Not having a go at him I just don't think he deserves much credit for it either.