General Election 2010

Christmas Tree

Toontastic pre-GE Poll  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the bitterness from certain posters on here is fuckin' laughable. get over it. use your vote the way you see fit but dont gan on like little whiney bitches cos other people disagree! ffs!

What bitterness? I think its been fairly good natured for a political thread.

Edit: I'd add that if you can't get worked about politics, which for some people represents their core values and beliefs, what can you get worked up about?

You tory gimp. :(

Edited by Renton

the bitterness from certain posters on here is fuckin' laughable. get over it. use your vote the way you see fit but dont gan on like little whiney bitches cos other people disagree! ffs!

What bitterness? I think its been fairly good natured for a political thread.

Edit: I'd add that if you can't get worked about politics, which for some people represents their core values and beliefs, what can you get worked up about?

You tory gimp. :(

The big no-nos for discussion (religion and politics) are such because imo you're supposed to get wound up discussing them and people spend their lives wimping out of conflict. Of course the internet changes that in allowing the wimps to vent.

Guest alex

Got some Tory stuff through the door last night. I only glanced at it but it contained an absolutely blatant lie, showing the results of the last General Election in the form of a bar chart. It showed Labour winning in 2005 with the Tories close behind and the Lib/Dems others miles behind. Since Labour got about 62% of the vote 5 years ago, the Tories would've needed to get about 55-60% with the others getting about 10%. The Tories actually got about 22% (Lib Dems 3rd with about 17%). Surprised they can get away with that sort of thing. Perhaps they're hoping no one will notice.

Fuck off.

Got some Tory stuff through the door last night. I only glanced at it but it contained an absolutely blatant lie, showing the results of the last General Election in the form of a bar chart. It showed Labour winning in 2005 with the Tories close behind and the Lib/Dems others miles behind. Since Labour got about 62% of the vote 5 years ago, the Tories would've needed to get about 55-60% with the others getting about 10%. The Tories actually got about 22% (Lib Dems 3rd with about 17%). Surprised they can get away with that sort of thing. Perhaps they're hoping no one will notice.

Particulary funny when Cameron's made a point of whining about Labours leaflets (suggesting the Tories will drop the winter fuel allowance) in the debates.

Guest alex

Got a National Front candidate in my constituency too. I thought they'd gone out of fashion with luminous socks and sta-pressed pants. Still, presumably it'll mean him and his pal at the BNP will lose their deposits.

Are you talking about your own constiutency or nationally Alex? According to the BBC, the national 2005 vote share was:

Labour: 36.1%

Tory: 33.2%

Lib Dem: 22.6%

Others: 8%

Guest alex

Particulary funny when Cameron's made a point of whining about Labours leaflets (suggesting the Tories will drop the winter fuel allowance) in the debates.

You'd have been seething on several different levels :(

BTW, I'm getting a sinking feeling that we'll see Cameron stood on the steps of no.10 tomorrow morning... :(

Guest alex

Are you talking about your own constiutency or nationally Alex? According to the BBC, the national 2005 vote share was:

The leaflet was specifically on about the constituency result in 2005, as were the actual figures I mention. I mean, I appreciate there'll be propanganda in these things but it's bit beyond that imo.

Edited by alex

Can't remember if it was posted here or not but after the second debate, Sky News showed a bar chart of 'Who'd won'. Cameron's bar was clearly higher than Clegg's, directly contradicting the figures printed just below it. If it's not illegal it should be.

The leaflet was specifically on about the constituency result in 2005, as were the actual figures I mention. I mean, I appreciate there'll be propanganda in these things but it's bit beyond that imo.

Which consituency was it for? I thought many in the NE had the Tories in 3rd.

Guest alex
BTW, I'm getting a sinking feeling that we'll see Cameron stood on the steps of no.10 tomorrow morning... :(

Given the shit Labour are in, with the economy etc. and the overwhelming backing by the press of the Tories, it'll be fucking hilarious if he isn't.

Edited by alex

Fuck off.

right back atcha!!

:(